ADVERTISEMENT

What's the best looking car ever made?

china-wtf-bizarre-crazy-strange-7.jpg

Probably biased since I'm a Z guy, but I don't like it. The proportions are nice but the snout is too fussy and I can't say anything nice about that crazy transition at the rear corners. Might look better in black. Just like the MkIV, this thing is gonna have a huge bulbous-looking rump from the rear view.

With that said, I hope they sell a ton of them, forcing other companies to jump back into that neglected market space.

Probably biased since I'm a Z guy, but I don't like it. The proportions are nice but the snout is too fussy and I can't say anything nice about that crazy transition at the rear corners. Might look better in black. Just like the MkIV, this thing is gonna have a huge bulbous-looking rump from the rear view.

With that said, I hope they sell a ton of them, forcing other companies to jump back into that neglected market space.
I agree that too much going on in the front end. Overall I like the shape, profile. But hopefully Mazda will get out that Rx-7 reincarnation that I keep hearing about. The mock ups looked pretty sweet.

2020 Tesla Roadster... 0-60 in 1.9 seconds!
Only ~ $250k.

slide-3-of-12-2020-tesla-roadster-13-jpg__848115_.jpg

Tesla-Roadster-9-679x382.jpg

I think Teslas (Teslai?) look fine on the outside but do not like their interiors at all. I've always been partial lots of switches, knobs, and buttons. Like you're in a fighter jet cockpit.

I get why they don't have all that, but it's just not my taste.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I think Teslas (Teslai?) look fine on the outside but do not like their interiors at all. I've always been partial lots of switches, knobs, and buttons. Like you're in a fighter jet cockpit.

I get why they don't have all that, but it's just not my taste.
good point... I don't care for that ginormous screen they put in their other models either

th

I guess this is the nicest car I've ever gotten to see up close, and sit in (not test drive, unfortunately). Acura NSX. I think they start at around $150K.

I am partial to Acura vehicles in general (I've owned three over last 20 years, two currently, just not an NSX).

Sort of looks similar to the Mazda RX7 that was posted here that was sweet as well.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
First ever mid-engine corvette. Yea or Nay?

2020-chevrolet-corvette-front-three-quarters-1563488441.jpg

Figured this would pop up on the board one way or another. I like it and think they did a good job incorporating recognizable Corvette styling cues into a completely different layout. Should be really fast, too, especially for the price. Can't believe they're still targeting $60k as a base price after completely re-engineering the platform. I thought the mid-engine switch would mean a bump up to a starting point at least around $75-80k with performance versions well over the six-figure mark.

But for me there isn't anything original enough to get anywhere close to "best-looking ever." It's a 'Vette version of a 458 or a McLaren.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Figured this would pop up on the board one way or another. I like it and think they did a good job incorporating recognizable Corvette styling cues into a completely different layout. Should be really fast, too, especially for the price. Can't believe they're still targeting $60k as a base price after completely re-engineering the platform. I thought the mid-engine switch would mean a bump up to a starting point at least around $75-80k with performance versions well over the six-figure mark.

But for me there isn't anything original enough to get anywhere close to "best-looking ever." It's a 'Vette version of a 458 or a McLaren.
The rear looks a little too much like the Camaro for me, but otherwise it's not bad. Nothing special though.

First ever mid-engine corvette. Yea or Nay?

2020-chevrolet-corvette-front-three-quarters-1563488441.jpg
I wondered if this would appear here. I'm not a big Corvette fan, but it looks pretty good to me. I think it would be a little better if you couldn't see the "Corvetteness" in the nose. The rear view is pretty bad though, and there is a weird, long row of buttons inside where the driver's right-hand "grab handle" is. Starts under $60K, which is pretty surprising, but maybe that's very base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT