ADVERTISEMENT

What's the best looking car ever made?

h9twcpk4jxg41.jpg

Reactions: tarheel0910
Frankly, I don't get the supercar thing at all. We have speed limits here. So unless you plan on taking it to the track, who would want one?
Driving can be fun, even with speed limits. You look at cars as appliances and your Saturn* is more closely related to a toaster than it is to a Lambo, and that's fine. Others may get a grin out of driving something with an iota of personality and fun. Different strokes for different folks.

Supercars take that to the extreme, of course, and are playthings for the rich and/or frivolous, but cars/trucks with good driving dynamics and attractive styling can and do make a workaday commute or a long highway slog just a smidge more enjoyable.

*It's been half a decade or more since we sparred on this topic and you may have finally retired/replaced your toaster.

Reactions: uncboy10
Driving can be fun, even with speed limits. You look at cars as appliances and your Saturn* is more closely related to a toaster than it is to a Lambo, and that's fine. Others may get a grin out of driving something with an iota of personality and fun. Different strokes for different folks.

Supercars take that to the extreme, of course, and are playthings for the rich and/or frivolous, but cars/trucks with good driving dynamics and attractive styling can and do make a workaday commute or a long highway slog just a smidge more enjoyable.

*It's been half a decade or more since we sparred on this topic and you may have finally retired/replaced your toaster.

I don't remember any previous discussion on this topic and I've never had a Saturn (or a toaster). You're misremembering, I reckon.

I don't give a shit if someone wants to blow a bunch of their money on a supercar. I've had fast cars. I drove them too fast and dangerously. I was a teenager. I was simply sharing my opinion, that there's no draw for me. It makes no sense to me. If it makes sense to you, I recommend you get yourself a Lambo. Let me know how it works out.

You're overlooking the best reason to get one. The potential to get more women. Or at least better looking than what someone with a toaster would get.

I don't remember any previous discussion on this topic and I've never had a Saturn (or a toaster). You're misremembering, I reckon.

I don't give a shit if someone wants to blow a bunch of their money on a supercar. I've had fast cars. I drove them too fast and dangerously. I was a teenager. I was simply sharing my opinion, that there's no draw for me. It makes no sense to me. If it makes sense to you, I recommend you get yourself a Lambo. Let me know how it works out.
Must have mixed you up with some other stick-in-the-mud. Come to think of it, might've been st8grad.

I always wanted a Lotus, and now they have announced that they are going all electric. This is the first, the Evija.....2000 HP and TRULY insane speed. Still in the prototypical stages, it won't even be street legal in the U.S. as produced.

lotus-evija-configurator-104-1588098304.jpg

Reactions: Heelicious
First all-electric Jeep. Kind of cool looking. Probably won't look anything like that come production time.

jeep-ev.jpg

First all-electric Jeep. Kind of cool looking. Probably won't look anything like that come production time.

jeep-ev.jpg
I never much liked yellow on a car, but that even makes yellow look good. I wonder why these car makers put out gorgeous protos and then end up producing something less appealing.

I never much liked yellow on a car, but that even makes yellow look good. I wonder why these car makers put out gorgeous protos and then end up producing something less appealing.

Usually the concept car is just trying to nail down the major design characteristics. Basic body lines and stuff like that. But they almost always have to make substantial changes to meet safety standards and other regulations. That’s not a particularly aggressive looking concept so I’d bet it’ll look pretty similar rolling off the factory floor.

That said, you couldn’t pay me to drive a jeep. I guess it could be fun to turn an old beat up wrangler into a fun little trail/rock crawler but that’s not really my thing.

Usually the concept car is just trying to nail down the major design characteristics. Basic body lines and stuff like that. But they almost always have to make substantial changes to meet safety standards and other regulations. That’s not a particularly aggressive looking concept so I’d bet it’ll look pretty similar rolling off the factory floor.

That said, you couldn’t pay me to drive a jeep. I guess it could be fun to turn an old beat up wrangler into a fun little trail/rock crawler but that’s not really my thing.
My Jeep was a pretty decent road vehicle as well as an off-roader, Jeep being one of the few that doubles up well in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT