ADVERTISEMENT

What's your least controversial opinion?

Many years ago, when I was newly single, I created an account on match.com to see what all the fuss was about. I'm going to steal my response from something I saw on about 75% of women's profiles:

I like to have fun.
"What do you do for fun?"

The dumbest "getting to know you" question that everyone asks when you're getting to know someone new.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Many years ago, when I was newly single, I created an account on match.com to see what all the fuss was about. I'm going to steal my response from something I saw on about 75% of women's profiles:

I like to have fun.
96S6NnP.gif

Important information though, is it not? What's your approach to soliciting these details?

"How do you like to spend your weekends?"

"What did you do on your last vacation?"

Granted, I have absolutely no game- but neither do any of you other Casanovas, with the exception of maybe @gunslingerdick and he's dead.

Sweet! Dont you just love when you're in the middle of a great song and it fades down and then back up on the next track?
I had a stereo in my room as a kid, with a record player and 8-track. My mom's car had an 8-track player (1977 Buick Regal... total POS). But, I had mostly records. I had three 8-track tapes and every time I hear the songs, even today, I instinctively remember when they fade-out. The three that I had were Boston, Billy Squier- Don't Say No, and Aerosmith- Rocks.

And, that loud "Cluh-CLINK!" as it changed programs!

I had a stereo in my room as a kid, with a record player and 8-track. My mom's car had an 8-track player (1977 Buick Regal... total POS). But, I had mostly records. I had three 8-track tapes and every time I hear the songs, even today, I instinctively remember when they fade-out. The three that I had were Boston, Billy Squier- Don't Say No, and Aerosmith- Rocks.

I know I'm dating myself but my first car (aka $500 POS) had an 8 track player in it. I joined the Columbia record and tape club (remember that shit?) so I could quickly build up some music. I had a case that would only hold 12 tapes and it still took up half my freaking back seat!

I know I'm dating myself but my first car (aka $500 POS) had an 8 track player in it. I joined the Columbia record and tape club (remember that shit?) so I could quickly build up some music. I had a case that would only hold 12 tapes and it still took up half my freaking back seat!
By the time I joined that club (and the BMG club), it had progressed to cassette tapes. You know what? Cassette tapes usually play the songs a wee-little bit faster than CD's and LP's. I found that out by learning to play songs from cassettes. It's barely discernible.

I had the Boston 8 track with the spaceship on the cover, don't remember the name.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT