ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread....

Mr. Shaw likes to hit and tackle...Steve Logan who I love to hear talk has always said you recruit guys to tackle...Meaning it's a want to kind of thing...You can teach technique but not the love for contact...Mr. Shaw seems to enjoy it...Oh yea like Woad said another Ga kid...The State is flat out loaded...

Reactions: Archer2
Saw on IC that DT - Kyree Campbell has enrolled at a prep school and plans to enroll with the 2017 class...I hope this is true...I still would like 1'more DT in this class...

Saw on IC that DT - Kyree Campbell has enrolled at a prep school and plans to enroll with the 2017 class...I hope this is true...I still would like 1'more DT in this class...

It says he is going to reopen his recruiting. Hopefully we can get him to honor his first commitment

If he didn't pass admissions the first time don't look for them to let him in. We have had several we helped place in prep schools only to be told after they brought up grades to admissions standards no anyway.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
CnxdyajXgAABePz.jpg

Long time until signing day...But if he wants UF let him go...I want guys at UNC who want to be here...

Lemons is off the board. Davis? Leake?

I'm worried about running backs after this season ends. Logan gone, maybe Hood gone.

In good news, I have a feeling we are going to get Hunter. This year's defensive class may be better than the offensive side. I could live with that.

Lemons is off the board. Davis? Leake?

I'm worried about running backs after this season ends. Logan gone, maybe Hood gone.

In good news, I have a feeling we are going to get Hunter. This year's defensive class may be better than the offensive side. I could live with that.
There have been rumors that Leake has academic issues that could derail him, at least with us. We can't afford to take a commitment from an RB who might not get admitted.

Supposedly we are in the Top 5 for 3* GA RB Jalen Holsten, along with SoCar, Tenn, VT, and WVU.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Long time until signing day...But if he wants UF let him go...I want guys at UNC who want to be here...

Hahaha I remember these posts in the middle of the dark days when Bobby was faltering. If you consider the range of kids ability who would fit into the "want to be here" you would have to consider UNCs want to win the ACC.

There have been rumors that Leake has academic issues that could derail him, at least with us. We can't afford to take a commitment from an RB who might not get admitted.

Supposedly we are in the Top 5 for 3* GA RB Jalen Holsten, along with SoCar, Tenn, VT, and WVU.
Yes , Leake does supposedly have academic issues. Other RB's on our board.

Malik Davis 3* seems wide open
Colin Wilson 4* we have a warm with him.
Kameron Duncan 3* seemed close to committing to UNC at one time.
A.J. Davis 4* 100% UF in the CB hmmmm didn't think FL was recuiting any other RB's
Devan Barrett 4* warm for UNC but 100% Auburn in CB
Jalen Holston VT shown as "favorite"

If any of these guys are interested in playing early , then they need to give UNC a close look.

Yes , Leake does supposedly have academic issues. Other RB's on our board.

Malik Davis 3* seems wide open
Colin Wilson 4* we have a warm with him.
Kameron Duncan 3* seemed close to committing to UNC at one time.
A.J. Davis 4* 100% UF in the CB hmmmm didn't think FL was recuiting any other RB's
Devan Barrett 4* warm for UNC but 100% Auburn in CB
Jalen Holston VT shown as "favorite"

If any of these guys are interested in playing early , then they need to give UNC a close look.
I would assume that at least a couple of them should see UNC in a better light now that Lemons is headed to Florida. If Hood does go NFL a year early, then next year a true freshman either starts or is #2 on the depth chart.

Hahaha I remember these posts in the middle of the dark days when Bobby was faltering. If you consider the range of kids ability who would fit into the "want to be here" you would have to consider UNCs want to win the ACC.

Well UNC is hardly in the dark days of The late Bobby years...Myself I am not going to bash the kid...Like I said on another thread at least he is doing it now and not waiting until Feb...Who knows what happens from now until then....

Basketball = 13 scholarships
Football = 85 scholarships

Beat me to it. Basketball recruits generate more interest because there's a lot less of them. Plus even though our bball recruiting is somewhat down right now - we're still signing top 25 players occasionally in basketball, which generates more hype. In football we're thrilled if we get a top 200 recruit.

Also the casual fan will be more excited for any basketball recruit because they'll be able to notice them playing regardless of which position they play (i.e. all 5 positions are prominent on TV) - whereas your average football fan won't get all geeked up over landing a stud Guard - because they won't get the TV exposure, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT