ADVERTISEMENT

Dook only has 8 scholarship players

mahncpa1

Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2004
I am so tired of hearing that from commentators during a game. My question, whose fault is that? No known injuries, one guy quits and one is dismissed. It isn't a bid deal, k was only playing 8 players before losing suliamon.

THANK YOU!

I heard Quinn Cook say to Seth Greenberg, in the post-game interview "We've just overcome a lot of adversity..." Really? What adversity?

Dook always has to overcome so much...Rat's bad back, Hansbrough being left on the floor for Henderson's elbow to run into, 2 inches of snow prohibiting travel, 8 scholarship players. What a mountain of stuff they have to climb over every single year
rolleye0009.r191677.gif
Gimme a break!

When he has a bench full he still uses 7-8 so what's the difference?

Yep - that is complete crap. Look at who those 8 players are. UK had about 6-7 people who played a few years ago and they weren't talking about overcoming adversity. Soulamon was addition by subtraction

Boo, freaking hoo!!!!! Coach crysexski never played Semi Ojeleye, who was the 38th ranked player
in the incoming class of 2013, so he left. Then we know the whole sordid Suliamon episode.
According to dookies, Suliamon was a cancer on the team and left coach crysexski no choice.
Only to find out, that crysexski had kept him on the team for over a year after finding out that
he was a suspect in a sexual assault case. Yet, if you listen to the players and media, they
make it sound like they have overcome injuries or something heroic. Only at dook!!
Last year, the media made out PJ Hairston as the most thug gangster in the world and that
UNC should have cut ties with him the first time he got a parking ticket. And dookies
wonder why they are the most hated team in the nation??? And by the way, I still HATE
christian laettner!!!!!!!!!!

last time I checked it takes 5 players to field a team. That leaves 3 reserves, which I think is more than adequate for a college basketball team.

Come on the end of the bench doesn't even get in the game in the last minute if Duke is up 30.

I hate Duke more than every these days. They get away with murder.

Its going to be interesting. They have 8 now-
Jones
Okafor
Winslow
Cook
Plumlee
Allen
Jefferson
Jones

I think Jones, Okafor, Winslow are gone to the league. Most mocks have Ok and Winslow in the lottery, and Jones late first round. Cook is a senior.

That leaves Plum, Jones, Allen, and Jefferson

They have two recruits signed- Kennard and Jeter.

Plum has already enlisted in the Army, not sure what his plans are for next year, but even with him, that gives them 6 guys, and zero point guards. Do you think K pressures Jones to stay another year? They need some bodies.

Originally posted by DeanFor President:

Its going to be interesting. They have 8 now-
Jones
Okafor
Winslow
Cook
Plumlee
Allen
Jefferson
Jones

I think Jones, Okafor, Winslow are gone to the league. Most mocks have Ok and Winslow in the lottery, and Jones late first round. Cook is a senior.

That leaves Plum, Jones, Allen, and Jefferson

They have two recruits signed- Kennard and Jeter.

Plum has already enlisted in the Army, not sure what his plans are for next year, but even with him, that gives them 6 guys, and zero point guards. Do you think K pressures Jones to stay another year? They need some bodies.
If not, might see the ole back give out again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT