ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Carolina vs Wisconsin game thread Friday 19 March 2021

It appeared they wanted to be here and we were just happy to be there. Nothing to brag about by making the tourney and playing like that.

I have so much to do this weekend this may be a blessing in disguise. Won't be wasting 2+ hours on Sunday.

Good news: Both Bacot and Sharp might return next year; they gd but they got work to do.

Bad news: Brook/Leaky/Platec might take the covid free year. Ouch!!! :(

• Sad
Reactions: chickenhunter
Well, that was fun. And probably a fitting end to a second disappointing season. I hate to push the point again, as with Wisconsin being unconscious shooting in the 2nd half it didn't matter. But there was a critical stretch in the first half where Wisconson was leading by with two, or four, and UNC had the ball. It was at that point that Caleb stated to channel Anthony from last year and go on about a five possession personal audition for the NBA, going one on five and Wisconsin went on about a 10-0 run and the game was basically over. Roy finally pulled him and sat him the rest of the half, but the damage was done. Doubt it would have changed the outcome, but it gave them the spurt to spread it out early.

Are there any more good records we can break?

Last year it was Roy's first ever losing season and the loss of the win streak against Clemson.

This year was Roy's first ever loss in the first round of the NCAA.

Are there any more good records we can break?

Last year it was Roy's first ever losing season and the loss of the win streak against Clemson.

This year was Roy's first ever loss in the first round of the NCAA.

We set many last year so many I can’t remember all of them.

This game was lost by our inability to guard the 3 and handle the high screens and shoot the 3 ball. We actually kept the turnovers down.....hell love didn’t have any turnovers tonight. Our bigs we’re just plain sorry in the first half also.

People talking about timeouts.. seems with an inexpierenced team you woud be more likely to use timeout early. What good are timeout in the second half down 20?

Not sure what I can say
Scoring all those points while shooting 30% and turning the ball over like crazy is not good enough. Maybe unfair expectations, but we needed more from them than we got to live up to a top 3 class ranking and to be anywhere near good this year. At least love showed up vs Duke
Not sure what more I can say. Can't play at an elite Carolina standard relying on Freshmen. This "Top 3 class" will be really REALLY good next season, and Bacot will be the leader as an upperclassmen that was missing this season. Black is a problem that I am afraid will linger because Roy is so loyal. If the small forward position is fixed, this team is a FF team next season.

I can't crush a kid if he's gonna be a first round pick even if it's late round first pick, to make serious money. But man I hope he's self aware enough where he knows he's far from ready and another year in college would be huge for him
I understand. This is a Caroliba forum, so I am ONLY looking at it from a very selfish (admittedly) view point.
If he leaves after one season, I will have very little positive thoughts of his career as a Tar Heel. It is what it is.

I was just amazed at the lack of any resistance at all on the inside. Good lord at that size we have and it’s like they were parting the Red Sea each time down the lane. Very disappointing

Not sure what I can say
Not sure what more I can say. Can't play at an elite Carolina standard relying on Freshmen. This "Top 3 class" will be really REALLY good next season, and Bacot will be the leader as an upperclassmen that was missing this season. Black is a problem that I am afraid will linger because Roy is so loyal. If the small forward position is fixed, this team is a FF team next season.

Your opinion of course but I dont see a Final Four team.

Not sure what I can say
I hope you’re right - it could happen. Hopefully the turnovers decrease and (I am suspicious) we figure out the 3 is an unfairly high value shot and do something to try and are smart enough on the floor to defend it. That was the part about the inconsistent recruiting in my original post. It caused us to have to lean on the freshmen. Granted we lost a guy like Coby maybe before we would have thought and Nas left too early. But that was more of a last year deal. Freshmen loom large at big programs now. Duke and UK felt it even worse

I was just amazed at the lack of any resistance at all on the inside. Good lord at that size we have and it’s like they were parting the Red Sea each time down the lane. Very disappointing

I don’t think ppl realize that Wisconsin has some bigs too and they are all strong seniors..Brooks plays like he’s 6’3, KESSLER has moments but he’s so weak! Sharpe and Bacot are beasts but are not disciplined and have low ball IQ’s! We need everyone to stay to be successful next year (not Platek and Brooks) and I’m not sure that will happen! Also as long as Black is playing 25 to 30 minutes we are screwed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT