ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2022 - 23

My guess is he has a feeling that the other owners are going to force him out, so he's getting out before he's publicly forced.
My b-in-l, who is a huge Washington football team fan, is worried that this will only be a minority stake sale that Snyder will temporarily cede control to so that all of his issues will move down the road until the coast is clear.

My b-in-l, who is a huge Washington football team fan, is worried that this will only be a minority stake sale that Snyder will temporarily cede control to so that all of his issues will move down the road until the coast is clear.
I don't think his issues will move down the road.

Reactions: tarheel0910
re: snyder, smells like back channeling by owners to get him out.

he couldn’t get a new stadium built, which is a large deal to that franchise, the owners, and the fans…maybe they have a secret buyer waiting in the weeds because he/she has the plan.

Reactions: Heelicious
@gteeitup I got a single ticket for cowboys Vikings about 2 hours before the game - feom a friend.

So happy I got to go - wearing my Micah Parsons jersey. What a crazy fun game. Best they have looked in years. Absolute beat down. They looked awesome in all three phases.

Last edited:
Reactions: gteeitup
@gteeitup I got a single ticket for cowboys Vikings about 2 hours before the game - feom a friend.

So happy I got to go - wearing my Micah Parson jersey. What a crazy fun game. Best they have looked in years. Absolute beat down. They looked awesome in all three phases.
that’s cool…saw a lot of dallas fans on the tube.

probably the best all-around performance from that team since 2016.

@Heelicious , I'm quickly becoming a Dallas Cowboys fan. Last week Dak exhibited so much class when some idiot reporter attempted to goad him into slandering Jerry Jones and then just today, Micah Parsons tweets his disappointment with Biden's losing trade regarding Griner. Stated he's still not voting for him. I don't have any NFL allegiance so I'm on the Cowboys wagon for this season.

@Heelicious , I'm quickly becoming a Dallas Cowboys fan. Last week Dak exhibited so much class when some idiot reporter attempted to goad him into slandering Jerry Jones and then just today, Micah Parsons tweets his disappointment with Biden's losing trade regarding Griner. Stated he's still not voting for him. I don't have any NFL allegiance so I'm on the Cowboys wagon for this season.
This is awesome! They are looking great and Parsons is my favorite nfl player in a long time.

The higher they rise the more colossal and disappointing their inevitable coming collapse will be . A certainty like death and taxes.

Right @gteeitup ?

Last edited:
This is awesome! They are looking great and Parsons is my favorite nfl player in a long time.

The higher they rise the more confidence smock and disappointing their inevitable coming collapse. A certainty like death and taxes.

Right @gteeitup ?
the corners are taking a hit which has me concerned, but just keep winning.

@Heelicious could be in trouble after today…they overcame a lot, but got the dub.

not good news on steele i’m hearing…he’s played great this year…also lost hankins, our one true fat guy in the middle, to a peck strain.

the eagles look dominant right now, need them to drop one.

@Heelicious could be in trouble after today…they overcame a lot, but got the dub.

not good news on steele i’m hearing…he’s played great this year…also lost hankins, our one true fat guy in the middle, to a peck strain.

the eagles look dominant right now, need them to drop one.
You are right that the O line is in trouble and like you said the secondary is really thin.

The only thing you can’t do against a bad team is make a bunch of mistakes and beat yourself. That’s what the Cowboys basically did. Way too many sloppy lazy mental errors.

I guess you can’t put both picks on Dak. Ball who came in allowed the late fumble and INT. He is garbage. Maybe they can cobble together a viable O line with Peters for a couple weeks.

Then Tyron smith should be available. I pretty much expect cowboys are locked into the 5 spot but could maybe fall further if things really implode. Unfortunate because they’d very likely be a 2 seed in any other division.

But - if they can’t beat a Tampa or Carolina or whoever in playoffs they should be abandoned for all time. Or at least bring in new coaches. Ones that can make them play hard from the beginning, not start in fourth quarter

@Heelicious garage mf’ing play-design and call…this is why we don’t win…i’ve got another screenshot of that last int where they f’d up the mesh concept so dak had no choice but to throw it low to noah brown.

@Heelicious garage mf’ing play-design and call…this is why we don’t win…i’ve got another screenshot of that last int where they f’d up the mesh concept so dak had no choice but to throw it low to noah brown.

They are atrocious right now. Like you said - injuries are jumping up and biting them - bigly. Mainly around their O line , and especially their DBs and even LB. LVE is hurt and he’s been way better than expected. I’m guessing Parsons is even playing hurt.

But all teams have injuries. There were at least a half dozen instances where the Cowboys do one little thing right and it’s a win. Up 17 and you can’t get a couple first downs running or short pass to in effect end the game? Somehow between the O line opening holes and / or getting TEs open for a simple play action completion to move the chains once or twice - shouldn’t be too much to ask. Every freaking player on this team needs to do better - except maybe the kicker and punter and a couple O linemen

You do the one thing at end of game you can’t do - stop the clock on 3rd and long? Idiot play call and idiot execution. At that point run around for 5 seconds and take a sack. Or throw a guaranteed completion screen. Or run a freaking draw play.

Then there were about 4 -6 players who just had to make one basic play - a ball deflection, a catch you or I could have made - and it’d be over.

But like the play you showed above - and the “run run pass punt” pattern of Kellen Moore is infuriating.

A legit owner / GM would see the play like you showed above or the 40 yard pass out of bounds on 3rd and whatever when the clock run quite likely ends the game there - and have Moore and McCarthy and Dak watch it (I’m sure there are some defensive head scratchers too…). And say WTAF?

These are fire-able gaffes. I just don’t EVER see Dak or Moore or McCarthy to be leaders to get us to the promise land. Maybe we can trade Moore and Dak to get in line for Bryce Young. Wishful thinking - I do believe he’s the real deal. More than Dak will ever be.

Worst case scenario is they somehow win a playoff game but lose the next - or maybe lose first one - and Jerry makes some idiotic excuses AGAIN and brings everyone back. Puke!

Only team that has any business being close to Dallas in NFC is Philly and I think they are pretty overrated. Maybe SF too their d is legit but they are on like their 4th string qb with best offensive weapon Deebo hurt / out.

Everyone else in nfc is mediocre on their best day. No way is losing to any other team acceptable.

I think whoever goes in AFC is going to house the nfc team in the Super Bowl this year.

They are atrocious right now. Like you said - injuries are jumping up and biting them - bigly. Mainly around their O line , and especially their DBs and even LB. LVE is hurt and he’s been way better than expected. I’m guessing Parsons is even playing hurt.

But all teams have injuries. There were at least a half dozen instances where the Cowboys do one little thing right and it’s a win. Up 17 and you can’t get a couple first downs running or short pass to in effect end the game? Somehow between the O line opening holes and / or getting TEs open for a simple play action completion to move the chains once or twice - shouldn’t be too much to ask. Every freaking player on this team needs to do better - except maybe the kicker and punter and a couple O linemen

You do the one thing at end of game you can’t do - stop the clock on 3rd and long? Idiot play call and idiot execution. At that point run around for 5 seconds and take a sack. Or throw a guaranteed completion screen. Or run a freaking draw play.

Then there were about 4 -6 players who just had to make one basic play - a ball deflection, a catch you or I could have made - and it’d be over.

But like the play you showed above - and the “run run pass punt” pattern of Kellen Moore is infuriating.

A legit owner / GM would see the play like you showed above or the 40 yard pass out of bounds on 3rd and whatever when the clock run quite likely ends the game there - and have Moore and McCarthy and Dak watch it (I’m sure there are some defensive head scratchers too…). And say WTAF?

These are fire-able gaffes. I just don’t EVER see Dak or Moore or McCarthy to be leaders to get us to the promise land. Maybe we can trade Moore and Dak to get in line for Bryce Young. Wishful thinking - I do believe he’s the real deal. More than Dak will ever be.

Worst case scenario is they somehow win a playoff game but lose the next - or maybe lose first one - and Jerry makes some idiotic excuses AGAIN and brings everyone back. Puke!

Only team that has any business being close to Dallas in NFC is Philly and I think they are pretty overrated. Maybe SF too their d is legit but they are on like their 4th string qb with best offensive weapon Deebo hurt / out.

Everyone else in nfc is mediocre on their best day. No way is losing to any other team acceptable.

I think whoever goes in AFC is going to house the nfc team in the Super Bowl this year.
san fran scares me, but that’s it in the nfc…the way it’s trending though, a loss in tampa wouldn’t shock me.

I think I saw the screen cap you’re referring to. Three cowboys wrs literally within 2 yards of each other. So close that like one DB could cover all three but in reality there are 4 DBs in the area. How can guys not run a freaking basic route when it is vital to the win?

Not the first time. Granted many picks this year are straight up on Dak doing too much and trying to throw when a wr is not open but Dak anticipates the wr running to the right spot and the wr doesn’t.

It is just a liability of not having elite wrs beyond Cee Dee. And that is a major problem. Look at the quality of phi, mn, kc, cinn, buff, etc wrs. They make qbs who are equal to or a bit better than Dak look way better.

Imagine having cooper still on the team. Or obj though he isn’t healthy enough to help this year. Maybe TY Hilton is?

Cowboys have one wr1 and 2-3 wr3 or wr4 candidates.

Even saying all this - it’d be so much better if they could get back to an O line who can protect and let Dak find open guys - and the o line consistently open holes and mash people in run game especially in late q3 and q4

I think I saw the screen cap you’re referring to. Three cowboys wrs literally within 2 yards of each other. So close that like one DB could cover all three but in reality there are 4 DBs in the area. How can guys not run a freaking basic route when it is vital to the win?
yes…a double pick, something that is very basic and of course, they f it up…the crazy thing is it’s done to them in every game because that’s the league and they can’t even borrow the concept and get it right.
Maybe TY Hilton is?
he could be…knows how to get open and can still fly as long as he’s healthy.

side note…jalen hurts might not play saturday…the line came late yesterday and the cows were favored at -1.5 which was kinda odd…it kept creeping up to -5.5 today…turns out, hurts has a sprained throwing shoulder. 👀

Maybe someone can add it here - I’m too lazy l, don’t know how…

Frank Caliendo - great impersonator- recently on Twitter did a vid clip of Pat Summeral and John Madden announcing the crazy Patriots lateral that ended up in a Raiders TD.

If you’re old enough to have heard Summeral and Madden- you know its just perfect. As good as it gets for impersonation comedy.

Maybe someone can add it here - I’m too lazy l, don’t know how…

Frank Caliendo - great impersonator- recently on Twitter did a vid clip of Pat Summeral and John Madden announcing the crazy Patriots lateral that ended up in a Raiders TD.

If you’re old enough to have heard Summeral and Madden- you know its just perfect. As good as it gets for impersonation comedy.

I think I love Caliendo’s Madden impersonation more than I love Madden.

There's this guy named Ryan Clark on ESPN NFL who is sort of a squeaky yapper and hasn't added much substantive insight on any NFL topic or game, from what I can recall....

but I did see a headline where he compared New England's Mac Jones to Dookie Grayson Allen...

"because you don't have enough game to perform at a level to stay in the top league (NFL, NBA) you have to resort to cheap shots and dirty plays to keep your head above water and stay and play in the league. " (paraphrasing)

I think this is a pretty good comparison and I love the way he threw Grayson Allen under the bus along with Mac Jones, though they are not even in the same sport / league.

Reactions: bluetoe
There's this guy named Ryan Clark on ESPN NFL who is sort of a squeaky yapper and hasn't added much substantive insight on any NFL topic or game, from what I can recall....

but I did see a headline where he compared New England's Mac Jones to Dookie Grayson Allen...

"because you don't have enough game to perform at a level to stay in the top league (NFL, NBA) you have to resort to cheap shots and dirty plays to keep your head above water and stay and play in the league. " (paraphrasing)

I think this is a pretty good comparison and I love the way he threw Grayson Allen under the bus along with Mac Jones, though they are not even in the same sport / league.
just to be clear, he named Grayson Allen? LOL, that's outstanding. Happy to see that a dirty dookie has become an icon of shitty tactics

it was a shittie move and he’s fortunate he didn’t get decapitated afterwards…every time there’s a turnover in a game and the qb chases, i always think it’s his last play…the dudes just need to flop.

it was a shittie move and he’s fortunate he didn’t get decapitated afterwards…every time there’s a turnover in a game and the qb chases, i always think it’s his last play…the dudes just need to flop.
It was more than just the low block that added nothing. They’ve shown a couple time where Mac slid to not get hit, where he led with cleats up high right into defenders man region. Total dirty bush league

He is marked now and is going to get lit up on a play where he throws a pick or doesn’t get down during a run

@Heelicious going icy whites tonight, jerry after more loot.

i’d rest everyone if it gets ugly because tenn has zero to play for in this one…if philly loses to the saints, then next week is big.

i wouldn’t play parsons tonight, though…he’s hurt and shouldn’t need him.

@Heelicious going icy whites tonight, jerry after more loot.

i’d rest everyone if it gets ugly because tenn has zero to play for in this one…if philly loses to the saints, then next week is big.

i wouldn’t play parsons tonight, though…he’s hurt and shouldn’t need him.
I don't like any of their jerseys / helmets except tradational silver pants and all white or all blue jerseys.
I was OK with how they played last night. Except I hope Dak becoming such a turnover ATM has got to stop. I know one pick last night was totally on the receiver. Several have been - but still I hope the bad hops even out.

My guess on how it goes down is Philly wins this weekend at home against NO with whoever they start at QB, and Dallas rests basically everyone on the road at Washington next week. One way or another I think the Cowboys should know if the game means anything, by game time.

I think it would be really funny if McCarthy could control the Packers playoff fate, and could have his team lay down and let Washington win, and that possibly put Green Bay out of the playoffs. If Philly and GB and Washington win this weekend, I hope it works out that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT