ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2022 - 23

I don't like any of their jerseys / helmets except tradational silver pants and all white or all blue jerseys.
I was OK with how they played last night. Except I hope Dak becoming such a turnover ATM has got to stop. I know one pick last night was totally on the receiver. Several have been - but still I hope the bad hops even out.

My guess on how it goes down is Philly wins this weekend at home against NO with whoever they start at QB, and Dallas rests basically everyone on the road at Washington next week. One way or another I think the Cowboys should know if the game means anything, by game time.

I think it would be really funny if McCarthy could control the Packers playoff fate, and could have his team lay down and let Washington win, and that possibly put Green Bay out of the playoffs. If Philly and GB and Washington win this weekend, I hope it works out that way.
yeah, i want no part of green bay with that qb.

Reactions: Heelicious
@gteeitup I’ve said this before and I know nothing is a sure thing at the qb position in nfl and Bryce Young is a bit undersized, but I’d take him in a split second over Dak.

Bryce is likely going first overall to garbage franchise Houston. Too bad Dallas can’t trade Dak and Zeke and a bunch of draft picks to get Bryce. If he lands on the right team he will contend for titles.

He’s not as big or athletic as Josh Allen but he is as good or better passer and decision maker and leader as ANY current QB in NFL. In a couple years unless he is on a team with zero help, zero o line or wrs, he will compete for titles.

Good enough to compete for weak afc South right away.

Reactions: gteeitup
@gteeitup I’ve said this before and I know nothing is a sure thing at the qb position in nfl and Bryce Young is a bit undersized, but I’d take him in a split second over Dak.

Bryce is likely going first overall to garbage franchise Houston. Too bad Dallas can’t trade Dak and Zeke and a bunch of draft picks to get Bryce. If he lands on the right team he will contend for titles.

He’s not as big or athletic as Josh Allen but he is as good or better passer and decision maker and leader as ANY current QB in NFL. In a couple years unless he is on a team with zero help, zero o line or wrs, he will compete for titles.

Good enough to compete for weak afc South right away.
i like bryce young, but you’re right, his size is a concern…i’ve seen stroud ahead in some mocks with young falling to indy…i would absolutely hate going to houston if i was a qb...dak’s contract makes him a resident in dallas at least until 2024.

The injury to the Buffalo Bills defensive player, Damar Hamlin, tonight is going to have a huge impact (no pun intended) going forward. That's gotta be one of the most dramatic results of a play since Darryl Stingley was paralyzed by Jack Tatum. The guy got up and went straight to the ground as if someone had shot him!

They are administering CPR as I type this. I rarely watch MNF, too!

• Wow
Reactions: TarHeelMark
I see the tweet I loaded, showing the injury from 2 angles, is now "unavailable" That's not a good sign, either.

Yeah, that sounds like worst case scenario. Oh man.
My brother said he's seeing sources claiming Hamlin is intubated, but has a pulse... critical condition. I don't think it was a head injury. Looked like he took a bad shot to the chest. I dunno why they removed the video of the injury.

It was a hard tackle, a high tackle with Hamlin and Tee Higgins colliding pretty much chest to chest before Hamlin took him to the ground. Then Hamlin sprung to his feet, looked a little wobbly before falling backwards to the ground. It was pretty obvious it was a sudden heart attack rather than a more typical head or back injury.

Looked like a routine play. Saw a post that speculated the hit prob knocked his heart out of rhythm. Hope he’s okay whatever it was. Interesting to note that last week he targeted and knocked unconscious a receiver for the patriots with a brutal helmet to helmet hit. Huge game with playoff implications. Wonder how they’ll deal with that.

This guy Ryan Clark has been incredible in the ESPN studio

don’t know which story is true, but i’ve heard heinicke and howell are starting sunday.
I’ve heard both are gong to play but Wentz will not. Heinecke start, Howell play later. Their qb situation is messed up for sure. And they have about zero fans showing up while still playing at home t try to get in playoffs. If they’d have beaten a weak inept Cleveland team - cowboys were likely to go thru motions this week and rest a lot of people since it is unlikely they’ll be playing for anything - and presto wash would be in playoffs.

But - and I don’t know if we can believe this - possibly Rivera didn’t realize if they lost last weekend they were eliminated. Period.

How can you not know this? Pretty low times for quite a few years tbh for Washington football fans

I’ve heard both are gong to play but Wentz will not. Heinecke start, Howell play later. Their qb situation is messed up for sure. And they have about zero fans showing up while still playing at home t try to get in playoffs. If they’d have beaten a weak inept Cleveland team - cowboys were likely to go thru motions this week and rest a lot of people since it is unlikely they’ll be playing for anything - and presto wash would be in playoffs.

But - and I don’t know if we can believe this - possibly Rivera didn’t realize if they lost last weekend they were eliminated. Period.

How can you not know this? Pretty low times for quite a few years tbh for Washington football fans
looks like he’s trying to get bounced before the sale lol

• Haha
Starting Sam would be the smart thing to do. The other two aren't going to get you where you want to be. Need to find out what you have in Sam. That organization is pathetic, so Sam will probably just play in the second half.

listening to a former nfl scout talk about him right now…he’s speaking rather glowingly about his toughness, his accuracy, throws to all the spots, and his play making…likes how he throws guys open also…because we watched his starts we know, but hearing someone from afar and not affiliated with carolina break it down professionally, it sure sounds good.

he thought he would end up the starter earlier than now considering that most scouts think wentz is “a bag of ass” lol.

Last edited:
News flash. Playing qb in nfl especially as more than a game manager (which is all wentz or Heineke or say cooper rush have ever been IMO) is really hard.

Hard because you need great physical, accuracy, strong arm, take many severe hits, ability to run and to pass accurately outside the pocket on the run -

plus great intelligence and ability to make right split second decisions on about 10 moving players on offense and defense in less than 2 seconds and know just where to throw the ball, based on many hours of watching tape, practicing routes, real game action against monsters out to crush you.

That is what puts Brady and now especially Mahomes and Josh Allen above the rest. They are in a different universe than wentz in this regard.

News flash. Playing qb in nfl especially as more than a game manager (which is all wentz or Heineke or say cooper rush have ever been IMO) is really hard.

Hard because you need great physical, accuracy, strong arm, take many severe hits, ability to run and to pass accurately outside the pocket on the run -

plus great intelligence and ability to make right split second decisions on about 10 moving players on offense and defense in less than 2 seconds and know just where to throw the ball, based on many hours of watching tape, practicing routes, real game action against monsters out to crush you.

That is what puts Brady and now especially Mahomes and Josh Allen above the rest. They are in a different universe than wentz in this regard.
Yeah, I think sometimes people want to say certain QBs are dumb, but I think there is a lot to be said for their processing speed. The elite ones have "IT". Sure their are some that are dumber than a sack of concrete, but sometimes those supremely strong armed guys just can't process everything as fast. I'm sure relentless study and practice helps, but some of it is genetics.

Peyton Manning for example... the dude was certainly not the strongest arm dude, or anywhere near fast on his feet, but his ability to recognize what everyone on the field was doing so quickly was unreal.

listening to a former nfl scout talk about him right now…he’s speaking rather glowingly about his toughness, his accuracy, throws to all the spots, and his play making…likes how he throws guys open also…because we watched his starts we know, but hearing someone from afar and not affiliated with carolina break it down professionally, it sure sounds good.

he thought he would end up the starter earlier than now considering that most scouts think wentz is “a bag of ass” lol.
Pretty much every expert, scout and coach thought it was crazy he fell that far. They knew he was better than a 5th round pick. Everything that could possibly go wrong in the draft, went wrong for him and of course made UNC look bad as well.

Pretty much every expert, scout and coach thought it was crazy he fell that far. They knew he was better than a 5th round pick. Everything that could possibly go wrong in the draft, went wrong for him and of course made UNC look bad as well.
Still can't figure out why the Panthers didn't pick Sam, but took that Ole miss dude that looked awful in his one preseason game. Sam might never be an all pro but I'd prefer him in Charlotte over any of the other turds that play there.

scout also said, “you know, his line and his defense did almost nothing to help him”…i almost texted him and said checkout drake’s film haha…i know him well enough to send him clips of guys(all schools) to get his opinion so that’s pretty cool…ftr, this guy loves drake.

...which means the Panthers will trade about 5 picks for him
To think the Panthers could have had Sam Howell to help them throughout their quarterback turmoil this season and without giving up future draft picks for him. Matt Corral is fragile and of course went down for the year during the preseason.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Still can't figure out why the Panthers didn't pick Sam, but took that Ole miss dude that looked awful in his one preseason game. Sam might never be an all pro but I'd prefer him in Charlotte over any of the other turds that play there.
Not sure if anyone can figure that out. Maybe they drew names out of a hat.

Yeah, I think sometimes people want to say certain QBs are dumb, but I think there is a lot to be said for their processing speed. The elite ones have "IT". Sure their are some that are dumber than a sack of concrete, but sometimes those supremely strong armed guys just can't process everything as fast. I'm sure relentless study and practice helps, but some of it is genetics.

Peyton Manning for example... the dude was certainly not the strongest arm dude, or anywhere near fast on his feet, but his ability to recognize what everyone on the field was doing so quickly was unreal.
Play recognition, film study, and such are huge. It's a big part of what can elevate players to elite. And, the cat and mouse part of it is fascinating. Speaking of Peyton, watch this clip involving him and Ed Reed.

Play recognition, film study, and such are huge. It's a big part of what can elevate players to elite. And, the cat and mouse part of it is fascinating. Speaking of Peyton, watch this clip involving him and Ed Reed.

This is awesome! And way more sophisticated- but first thing that came to mind is baseball great Roberto Clemente was such a great hitter that he would swing and miss wildly on a given pitch from
a pitcher, knowing that his swing and hit failure would cause the pitcher to throw that exact pitch again - where Roberto, knowing that pitch was coming, would then crush it.

Similar cat and mouse one step ahead strategery

This is awesome! And way more sophisticated- but first thing that came to mind is baseball great Roberto Clemente was such a great hitter that he would swing and miss wildly on a given pitch from
a pitcher, knowing that his swing and hit failure would cause the pitcher to throw that exact pitch again - where Roberto, knowing that pitch was coming, would then crush it.

Similar cat and mouse one step ahead strategery
that’s amazing to read…had no idea, but certainly doesn’t surprise.

some just have it

Reactions: tarheel0910
this happens, unfortunately…i watched eric lindross fall on the ice from a puck to the chest, he played 14 more years iirc.

soccer, karate, and youth baseball have also seen this…i think it’s just more rare in football because of the techniques they are taught.

chuck hughes died on the field in the 70’s…probably the same issue.

this happens, unfortunately…i watched eric lindross fall on the ice from a puck to the chest, he played 14 more years iirc.

soccer, karate, and youth baseball have also seen this…i think it’s just more rare in football because of the techniques they are taught.

chuck hughes died on the field in the 70’s…probably the same issue.
I think I heard that the condition they are suggesting - occurs when your heart is at like a 0.01% phase of the heartbeat cycle time. So - just super rare that a guy would be getting hit in the chest at the exact rare unlikely time. Just a really unfortunate coincidence.

Still you think it might happen more often with all the brutal hits in nfl.

I think I heard that the condition they are suggesting - occurs when your heart is at like a 0.01% phase of the heartbeat cycle time. So - just super rare that a guy would be getting hit in the chest at the exact rare unlikely time. Just a really unfortunate coincidence.

Still you think it might happen more often with all the brutal hits in nfl.
remember when earl campbell used to force tackles when his head hit a db’s chest?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT