ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason Thread

tell ya what, if zeke elliott gets suspended any games for nothing, jerry should get the owners together and get goodell out.

what a freakin joke this is turning into.

and cris carter is the last fella that should call anyone out for conduct.

tell ya what, if zeke elliott gets suspended any games for nothing, jerry should get the owners together and get goodell out.

what a freakin joke this is turning into.

and cris carter is the last fella that should call anyone out for conduct.

He got popped 6 games (pending appeal of course, but I have to imagine at best, that would be reduced to 4 games).

Agreed on Carter. Zeke was never charged, which should be a necessary step in suspending him, IMO. The league has instituted a caveat that players don't need to be convicted or even charged in order to be suspended - that they'll send out their own Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. crew to investigate. Seems stupid not to leave it to the professionals who get paid to investigate things of that nature.

The problem is that Goodell is a smart weasel and only bends over one team at a time. The rest of the league doesn't mind seeing another team f'ed over, as it makes their road to the Super Bowl easier. None of the other teams will come to the defense of the Cowboys here, just like none came to the defense of the Patriots during Deflategate - even though they both did(do) deserve getting backers against Goodell. He should absolutely be fired, and publicly shamed, but he won't be.

@Hark_The_Sound_2010 i agree, nobody will come to he defense of these orgs or players.

i just listened to the presser the league held and it was as ridiculous as you might imagine...here's some of the logic spewed.

"we saw evidence to believe that the alleged abuse took place"
"a victim usually doesn't take pictures the same day as the abuse occurred and send those photos out"

question: "so is mr elliott suspended under the domestic violence policy or the conduct policy?"
answer: "there are many facets to the conduct policy"
question: "what about the false statements the accuser made?"
answer: "yes, she did make one"
question: "are you saying your investigators had access to evidence that the da in columbus didnt?"
answer: "that's more of a question for columbus"

now, i stay plugged into the scene down there through sports talk radio and the rumor is zeke likes kinky stuff...she admitted last year that her occupation is a "sex slave"...this connects some jerry jones statements he made last week when he said "there was no evidence of domestic violence"

no word from the players association yet.

Last edited:
So I hear the new Falcons stadium will feature a Chick-fil-A. When do the Falcons play the majority of their home games? Sunday.
That's funny, but to be fair there will be a lot of stuff going on there that doesn't take place on Sunday. That's where ATL United plays, several college football games and I imagine there will be a lot of concerts there too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT