ADVERTISEMENT

Sacha Killeya-Jones

Pretty sure the kid is originally from Chapel Hill and we were the favorites at one point before he committed to Virginia.

Maybe he has heard from Roy and was told him they were ok as far as scandal goes. You never know. I have no sources but I find it hard to believe Roy doesn't know. I am even more surprised as many good people in the know on this board that nothing has leaked. I have heard both sides of is this good or bad sign . I honestly am baffled as to why it is taking so long if it is good news. I and many, many fans want to know so this will just go away. I mean why would they drag this out. We fussed at the ncaa for doing this now we are doing it. Don't understand!

The NCAA has already killed the 2015 recruiting season for UNC. If it was not for Shaka going to Texas, UNC would not have gotten Kenny Williams. UNC authorities know what they are doing and they will release the findings when it is most advantageous to the school and not to the media and fans. The recruits the Heels have a "fighting" chance with know the situation and they are not going to commit to another school until the NOA is official.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
Good answer Steat. I just hope you are right. My daughter and son in law went to state . We jokingly banter back and forth but until the bb and fb have been cleared I am losing . Mainly because I love them both and don't want to get too headstrong because don't know yet. I am working on my Grandaughter to be a tar heel but it's a losing battle . Not enough face time or bribery money to do the trick, but she is only 3 and I have time.

Its going to be interesting seeing where this goes and how quickly Sacha K-J can make it into Chapel hill for a visit . .

This talented youngster waited and waited for an offer from us that never came . .

I'd like to see us pick Bennett's pocket here.

Reactions: grillheel
Its going to be interesting seeing where this goes and how quickly Sacha K-J can make it into Chapel hill for a visit .

This talented youngster waited and waited for an offer from us that never came . .

I'd like to see us pick Bennett's pocket here.

Billy and I almost always agree. This would be a great pickup. Come on down to the Hill Sacha. You'll be forever grateful.

Last edited:
Well,he visited UK today and received an offer tonight!!..wondering how this is going to turn out? He's sure to rise into the top 10 now that they offered..and once dook puts their bid in he'll be top 5 for sure!!

Last edited:
Ummmmmmmm.................................because he was COMMITTED to UVA?
That's irrelevant Mike and you should know that. Until they sign, there is absolutely no reason to stop recruiting a kid. And besides, Roy had plenty of time to offer before his uva commitment.

I know we're not privy to nearly the info that Roy is but unless this young man has behavioral or academic issues, he should get an offer pronto. If UK is after him, he's a player.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Perhaps WWW worked his magic and kid would decommit only if Kentucky would make an offer? Food for thought.

Kaintuck was also hot after that 3-star from down around Columbus Co. that had committed to the mooers. (where he ended up staying) Don't get me wrong...Jones is a far superior prospect IMO, and fully deserving of a UNC offer, but just because Slimy offers a kid doesn't necessarily mean Roy should.

recruiting kids while they are committed happens more in fball than bball...very seldom do kids flip their commitment in bball because another team is still after them..fball,now that's a whole different ball game!!..usually a coaching change or family reasons is the 2 main things that could bring on a flip of a commitment in bball!!

Last edited:
Kaintuck was also hot after that 3-star from down around Columbus Co. that had committed to the mooers. (where he ended up staying) Don't get me wrong...Jones is a far superior prospect IMO, and fully deserving of a UNC offer, but just because Slimy offers a kid doesn't necessarily mean Roy should.

My point is that Cal doesn't offer guys who aren't very good players, whatever else they may be. This kid is from Chapel Hill and a player to boot. Now if he wants to go away for school, I understand perfectly well.

Another 2016 pf just received an offer not named Sacha!!..javin delaurier is the name

Today's visit must have gone very well. Top 40 talent that must have really impressed Roy of late . .

Sacha Killeya-Jones was extended an offer today as well . .

If only we knew everything..Sacha has been on campus unofficially 3 times in the last week...this was happening while everyone was wondering why we hadn't offered!!

Fedora does. Do you have problems with him doing that?

YES! Once a kid commits EVERY COACH should respect that and quit recruiting them. And yes I know football is handled much different from basketball and it's "common practice" in football. But that does not mean I have to agree with it or like it. And I think it SUX so does that answer your question?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT