ADVERTISEMENT

Sacha Killeya-Jones

So, more news from Curtis Staples...

I picked my son up again from camp today and talked again with Curtis. Aside from him telling me how awesome my son is, the conversation centered around SKJ. I was a little more inquisitive today than I was yesterday. I asked what he felt were SKJ's strong points. He said he's a fantastic shooter that will undoubtedly be a stretch 4 in college. He said he's been a great rim protector too. But he didn't hold back. He went on to say that he doesn't like all the pub SKJ is getting because he still has "plenty" to work on. Needs to fight for positioning better when he posts up and when boxing out. Strength is an issue. Also needs to recognize the double team better than he has. I asked him if he was truly a top 25 prospect and he said definitively, "no,...not right now". He did say he thought he was a legit top 50 prospect though and he thinks by the end of the season he might be a top 25 prospect. But honestly, I was looking for more glowing remarks from Curtis. He also stated that he wasn't sure SKJ would be back at VES. I didn't push him further on that other than to ask "what?,...he might stay in Chapel Hill?" And he responded with, "I really don't know what he's doing at this point." I asked about the level of competition because I was unsure about how far VES has come. But he told me they play in the hardest league in the state. I checked out last season's schedule (of which they finished 17-6) and there were some pretty good Virginia schools on there - Miller School and Blue Ridge - both traditional powerhouses. He said he's working on bringing in some top junior prospects. So good that SKJ would definitely not be the highest rated prospect on the team.

Reactions: RobJones__
Add to the list of big men offered : Jarrett Allen of Austin,Tx., a 6'10" and 210 lb. center . .

I would love to have Giles, Bam and Smith and any other " trophy fish "as you like to refer to them that Roy offered early on. But, my wish list hasn't been fulfilled too many times of late due to the lingering scandal problems and that may carry over for a while longer.
As 2016 class is a make or break class to keeping UNC out of the bottom cellar of the ACC, I would be happy at this point in time with any combination of must have big men that Roy has offered so far.

Roy knows he simply must have some talent in this class or he will likely face one of his worst season(s) he has ever faced as a head coach. Regardless of what he is telling our targeted premium recruits, other coaches are saying and will keep saying that we are going to suffer sanctions that they will not.

With the OADs waiting later and later each year to commit to a school, you simply cannot afford to bet money on the lead horses in hopes your team will be in the winning circle for their services. A swing and a miss on Giles, Bam, Marques Bolden and Dewan Huell without offering others would be a death sentence for a blue blood program like UNC's, because of the cupboard of big men we will have available is all but bare after this year.

So, because of our current unknown status with the NCAA going forward, I would indeed be very happy with Bradley, Killeya-Jones and DeLaurier even if it meant we missed on the 4 'trophy fish' of Bam, Giles, Bolden and Huell.
Further, when it comes to Bradley, SKJ or DL, I don't even consider them minnows . . !

IMHO, Sacha K-J, Bradley and DeLaurier would flourish in Roy's system, and its possible that any or all of them might just be around for more than a couple of years.

You only have to look at the list of big men to know that Roy has altered his usual recruiting style because of the necessity of securing 3 bigs in this class. No longer is he awaiting the 'developing a relationship' avenue of offering a recruit. He has become dependent to the point of relying on his assistant coaches telling him who deserves an offer, and its because of dire necessity he has done so.

To date he has offers to 3 centers and 4 PFs, and its in my opinion that he(and I for that matter) would be ecstatic if he could get a commit from 3 of those he has sought.

The need is too great, the penalty would be too severe, to not be successful in fulfilling the program's needs of at least 3 bigs in the 2016 class.

So, to answer your question, YES . . I'd gladly take the 'minnows' in hand, than wait and be scorned by 'trophy fish' because Kentucky, dOOk, Kansas or another school hooked them and that left us empty-handed.

Well alrighty then Billy, note that I do not disagree with what you have stated here but you took exception with my saying I was not sold on those 2 kids, clearly you are not either if you consider them minnows rather than trophy fish.

When I say I am not sold on a kid like SKJ, what I am saying is that IMO he is a bit of a project while others we also have offers out to are more ready to produce day 1. SKJ is a project, needs to add weight, IMO not close to the same day 1 producer that Bam for example is, IMO.

This is North Carolina and we still have a good shot at a front court class of Bam, Giles, & Bradley. Sorry if I don't get all that excited over a kid ranked in the 50s for this class. Heck, there is a kid out of Florida that may even be better than those 3, that is kind of kid we need. IMO, we really need to get back to our front court scoring setting the tone, our length being able to rim protect. I want to see physical inside operators more so than finess front court guys that do not seek and play thru contact. That is what sells me on a front court kid, I want us to get back to those intimidating front court teams we have been in the past. I would kinda like to see a reduction in front court kids that need to either eat their way in to or lose weight in to the ability to play.

The way Roy's going, he'll offer almost every big in the class!!

He's definitely changed his recruiting process to kids that receive(d) an offer. I like the "cast a wide net" option that he has for the centers and power forwards in this class.

I like all the offers. I think some are dealing with what they think should be. Elite recruits clamoring to come to UNC.

Roy is dealing with what is. Whatever the reason, there is no guarantee of our top targets committing anytime soon. Roy know this and is dealing with the situation. No idea if it is to increase pressure on those top targets or not but he is being very proactive. Looking a what could happen with losses if we make the final four, it seems to be appropriate.

I wonder if one of the targets out of the Top 15 pulls the trigger what that would mean to Bradley, Giles and Bam. You think that would force their hand a little to make a decision sooner than they would like in fear of an offer being pulled?

I would hope the staff is making it abundantly clear that if a kid waits, he may not have a spot. The "wide net" and the second/third ten recruiting is, as you mention montana, pressure. We know who is gone, obviously seniors, and perhaps one other. I also thought the 3 kids all at PF being on campus last week or so was a very good thing. If you want to be part of that family that gathers for pick up games better get to signin' up...:D

I like all the offers. I think some are dealing with what they think should be. Elite recruits clamoring to come to UNC.

Roy is dealing with what is. Whatever the reason, there is no guarantee of our top targets committing anytime soon. Roy know this and is dealing with the situation. No idea if it is to increase pressure on those top targets or not but he is being very proactive. Looking a what could happen with losses if we make the final four, it seems to be appropriate.

I wonder if one of the targets out of the Top 15 pulls the trigger what that would mean to Bradley, Giles and Bam. You think that would force their hand a little to make a decision sooner than they would like in fear of an offer being pulled?

Well, when 2 of the 3 are NC kids and the other has always had us at the top of his list, yeah, I think the should be is that UNC has a great shot at all of them. Have we fallen so far in your eyes that we do not control our own state now? Don't give me Ingram, he was always a dukie.

Roy is dealing with what is, exactly why he has offered those 3, the top prospects are going to be late to announce and not all that pressured just because other offers went out, they know that they are preferred by any team that offers them. It is more that the SKJ level kids are intimidated by our having offers out to higher level prospects at their position. Roy is installing his plan B as well as his A plan because you do not want to be left with nothing if you do miss your top targets, I do believe we are in better shape with our top targets than many realize. But I as well acknowledge that there is a long time to go before this recruiting stuff gets crystal clear and lots of stuff can change between now & then.

Just my opinion, but I don't think that SKJ in particular is as much of a project as some may feel. His offensive skill has grown a lot in the last year or so but he could still use some work on the defensive side. His transition into college I think will be more as it relates to the difference in physicality than how he can contribute offensively.

An argument could be made that his offensive skill is possibly ahead of Bam's. It's just that physically speaking Bam is such a bruiser that there aren't many at this level that could stop him from doing whatever he wants inside. This is why I think Roy is doing such a great job of going after players with a complimentary style of play. Using these 2 as examples are really apples to oranges in terms of style of play. But I also think it's important to note because you always have to consider how each style of play will mesh.

Would I like to get the top options Roy has at each position? Sure, but I also don't think that each kid we sign needs to be able to come in and start right away. It takes a combination of studs who can step right in and also some kids that Roy can develop.

Well alrighty then Billy, note that I do not disagree with what you have stated here but you took exception with my saying I was not sold on those 2 kids, clearly you are not either if you consider them minnows rather than trophy fish.

Maybe you misunderstood my post, Dave. I do not consider them to be 'minnows' . . .

that name tag is something in which you brought to the discussion. Certainly some of these guys that Roy has offers out to are no where near one 'n done status. But, I'd be happy with any of the bigs that are holding offers.

Yes, I would love to have the players in which were first offered by Roy, but, its in my opinion that we are not going to get Giles, and I am concerned that we have fallen behind in the recruitment of Bam-Bam. Both of these guys can look at our roster right now and know exactly who will be here and who won't when and if they were to opt for UNC.
The fact that they have not, leads me to believe we are not one of their top 1 or 2 choices to play for.
I'm hoping I'm wrong, and if we land either Giles or Bam then I'm buying lunch for any board member that can make it to Wilber's BBQ the following Friday after committing.

Both of these guys can look at our roster right now and know exactly who will be here and who won't when and if they were to opt for UNC. The fact that they have not, leads me to believe we are not one of their top 1 or 2 choices to play for.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I hope very much to be wrong.

Meantime, we must have at least two bigs from this class, and I think Roy would like to sign three of them. Thus the very wide ranging net.

Dave guess I am concerned like Billy. It isn't in my eyes that we have fallen. I believe with this group of top tier there is no reason not to pull the trigger like seeing if there is playing time and still no commit. We are both old enough to understand that perception is just as strong as reality. Not sure how good the perception of UNC is to one and done level talent. Warranted or not, I think it is there.

Good news is that the crap is at heading towards the rearview mirror. Next great piece of news is Mr. Felton. Being one and done might benefit UNC more than if he stayed a second year. I know that is projecting pretty far ahead but that's what summer discussions are for.

Do you believe we are viewed the same today by 5 star recruits as we were say in the 2006 to 2010 range? Butter and Henson going down in 2012 hurt. I believe if UNC had won that year, the last 3 years would have looked drastically different. Short term memory but it is a reality.

Great chance this year to turn it around. Don't think people that aren't fans realize just how close we were to competing for a championship this year. For all the issues that were brought up, we gave Wisconsin all they wanted. We could have been where they were except for a few minor lapses.

Do you believe we are viewed the same today by 5 star recruits as we were say in the 2006 to 2010 range?

Not Dave, but I do not believe we are looked at the same way with top talent. Right now, top talent look at UK, KU and Dook. That is the three premier programs for advancing one and done talent. By Roy having two one and done players in the past 12 years has hurt his reputation with kids who envision themselves playing one year of college. Most 5 star kids believe they only need one year of college and then they should be playing pro ball. Some schools promote that type of attitude and look for those type of kids, Roy seems to look for 2-4 year players. I do believe this perception along with the NCAA cloud and negative recruiting have combined to hurt recruiting. Unfortunately, we need a huge 2016 class and the NCAA cloud may not be resolved until early 2016. BY this time, some of our top targets will have already decided. I hope Roy can pull of some big time recruits, but outside of Bradley, I do not feel that UNC is out front for any of them at this point.

Dave guess I am concerned like Billy. It isn't in my eyes that we have fallen. I believe with this group of top tier there is no reason not to pull the trigger like seeing if there is playing time and still no commit. We are both old enough to understand that perception is just as strong as reality. Not sure how good the perception of UNC is to one and done level talent. Warranted or not, I think it is there.

Good news is that the crap is at heading towards the rearview mirror. Next great piece of news is Mr. Felton. Being one and done might benefit UNC more than if he stayed a second year. I know that is projecting pretty far ahead but that's what summer discussions are for.

Do you believe we are viewed the same today by 5 star recruits as we were say in the 2006 to 2010 range? Butter and Henson going down in 2012 hurt. I believe if UNC had won that year, the last 3 years would have looked drastically different. Short term memory but it is a reality.

Great chance this year to turn it around. Don't think people that aren't fans realize just how close we were to competing for a championship this year. For all the issues that were brought up, we gave Wisconsin all they wanted. We could have been where they were except for a few minor lapses.

Monty & billy, guys, know it is popular to talk about how far we have fallen due to the AFAM stuff and the NCAA. But to me, I do think Roy has gone after the wrong dude several times and that hurt us, examples Randle we were never really in it for, Ridley the big kid from Texas was always looking to stay in his home state. We got some guys that became position blockers, JMM for example never really got to star level for us but was good enough that other kids knew a comitt to us as a power forward was playing behind JMM. WE suffered by having PT available in weaker classes and then stronger class comes around we couldn't show as much PT.

Tell ya about the top 10 kids in a class, the most important thing they look at is available playing time. Look at Ky, duke, Kansas, the common threads are the numbers of one & dones but what draws the next class of one & dones is the playing time vacated by the last set of one & dones.. By our not having one & dones, actually guys staying till they are jr or sr means means the available PT left vacated is not as wide open or multi positional as it is for the dukes and Ky programs. These kids are now days looking to package deal themselves, means you have to have multiple open position PT to get the one you really want. That opportunity has been rare for us, much more so than at duke/ky/Kansas.

Look right now, the real key to snagging Bam or Giles is snagging Dennis Smith, package deal but Dennis Smith is looking to see what Cat Barber, Joel Berry, AND Marcus Thorton are going to do. You may have wide open available PT at the 4 but Giles and Bam really want their buddy Dennis with them, get Dennis and you are a lock to get at least one of those 2. It is like our help man defense, when it all works together it works out great, when it don't you ain't the windshield, you are the bug ! LOL

Dave,

Geepers man, you are all over the place with that last post of yours . . I sometimes think you need to back off that keyboard and let it cool off some, Bro' . .

"Roy has gone after the wrong guy" . . . . WTH (?) . . so, let me get this correct, you think he was wrong to go after Randle, the #1 PF in the class . . ? While he also went after Parker, the #2 PF and Noah Vonleh the #3 PF . . ? Roy recruited the top 3 PFs in that class . . !!!! What part of offering those top 3 PFs was wrong on his part . . ?

Who did we sign for big men in that class . . the #7 PF Isaiah Hicks and the # 8 C Kennedy Meeks, have things gotten any better with the NCAA since that 2013 class . . ? Not so far as I can tell it hasn't.

Why would we not go after and offer the #7 C Bradley, the #8 PF DeLaurier and #10 PF Killeya-Jones right now . . ? Because you're not sold on those 2 'Virginny' players . . ? And let me add, you may be one of the very few that wouldn't be happy with either or both of those kids. I'd be ecstatic with both . . ! ! !

We're in dire straits for fielding a team with big folks on the roster if we don't secure at least 2 bigs and ideally we need 3.

As far as Smith goes, I doubt very seriously if he is worried one iota about where Berry is when or should he get here. Smith would play circles around Berry.

I do hear ya on the package deal stuff, but, all Roy has to do is sell to Giles and Smith that the minutes he gives to Paige and Johnson next season will be theirs the following year. My guess is that he has already done this.

We're in such a bad recruiting position because of this lingering scandal that we as a team cannot afford to swing and miss on bigs for this class. The old saying that 'beggars can't be choosy' applies at its highest level for Roy and UNC at this time.

Reactions: yrusonvus
Dave,

Geepers man, you are all over the place with that last post of yours . . I sometimes think you need to back off that keyboard and let it cool off some, Bro' . .

"Roy has gone after the wrong guy" . . . . WTH (?) . . so, let me get this correct, you think he was wrong to go after Randle, the #1 PF in the class . . ? While he also went after Parker, the #2 PF and Noah Vonleh the #3 PF . . ? Roy recruited the top 3 PFs in that class . . !!!! What part of offering those top 3 PFs was wrong on his part . . ?

Who did we sign for big men in that class . . the #7 PF Isaiah Hicks and the # 8 C Kennedy Meeks, have things gotten any better with the NCAA since that 2013 class . . ? Not so far as I can tell it hasn't.

Why would we not go after and offer the #7 C Bradley, the #8 PF DeLaurier and #10 PF Killeya-Jones right now . . ? Because you're not sold on those 2 'Virginny' players . . ? And let me add, you may be one of the very few that wouldn't be happy with either or both of those kids. I'd be ecstatic with both . . ! ! !

We're in dire straits for fielding a team with big folks on the roster if we don't secure at least 2 bigs and ideally we need 3.

As far as Smith goes, I doubt very seriously if he is worried one iota about where Berry is when or should he get here. Smith would play circles around Berry.

I do hear ya on the package deal stuff, but, all Roy has to do is sell to Giles and Smith that the minutes he gives to Paige and Johnson next season will be theirs the following year. My guess is that he has already done this.

We're in such a bad recruiting position because of this lingering scandal that we as a team cannot afford to swing and miss on bigs for this class. The old saying that 'beggars can't be choosy' applies at its highest level for Roy and UNC at this time.

Billy, I agre d with everything you said until "Smith would play circles around Berry".. I know people touting him as great already had you little aggravated but the kid can play. I really think he is going to show us why he was a top recruit this year.....

Reactions: RobJones__
Dave has a really good point regarding position blockers.
Roy is loyal and it's easy for a competing coach to spin a tale, true or not, about upperclassmen of lesser talent getting the start over younger players.
If I was recruiting against Roy sure I'd be repeating the AFAM mantra but I'd also be throwing around the examples of JMM, Dexter, Ginyard etc "taking up" starter spots while good frosh and sophmores sat.

I'm not saying I'd like Roy to coach it differently, but it seems that's the perception out there and I'd trace it to the California transfers from a few years ago (they who shall not be named)

I'd agree, and say Roy does lean heavier to the more senior players, but, he also tells every recruit that playing time is won in practice. And with Roy, not every starter plays the greater amount of minutes in a game though.

I truly think that if we were to secure Giles and Smith that those two would be starting from day 1, they are just too good not to IMO. Smith is as explosive of a point guard as there is, and nobody on our current roster would be able to stay in front of him. The PG position is his if he becomes a Tar Heel . . . and I don't think he is interested in playing the 2 spot.

Nothing would make me happier than to have the Smith-Giles package deal if those 2 ultimately opt for staying together. Sadly, because of our current mess, I don't think we get them. So, I'm happy that Roy is recruiting past Giles and Bam with all these other offers being extended.

I spoke with Curtis one more time today as his camp concluded. And while there is no further report on SKJ, there is important news to report.

As I told y'all earlier in the week, my son convinced his teammates to adopt North Carolina Tar Heels as their team name (see my previous posts in this thread). Well, in typical fashion, they finished off the week undefeated and they beat Duke in the finals today by the score of 10-6 (10 minute games). Also, my son won the Hustle Award for the under 8 division for the week and was MVP of the final game with 4 points (2/4 FG), 4 rebs and 4 steals.

I spoke with Curtis one more time today as his camp concluded. And while there is no further report on SKJ, there is important news to report.

As I told y'all earlier in the week, my son convinced his teammates to adopt North Carolina Tar Heels as their team name (see my previous posts in this thread). Well, in typical fashion, they finished off the week undefeated and they beat Duke in the finals today by the score of 10-6 (10 minute games). Also, my son won the Hustle Award for the under 8 division for the week and was MVP of the final game with 4 points (2/4 FG), 4 rebs and 4 steals.

Man, thats awesome, Guns . . ! I know your excited about your son's award for effort and winning the MVP . . !

thumbsup.gif

Forget SKJ lets get Roy onto the junior 'slinger'!!

Hell yeah! A win over dook in anything is awesome!

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Not Dave, but I do not believe we are looked at the same way with top talent. Right now, top talent look at UK, KU and Dook. That is the three premier programs for advancing one and done talent. By Roy having two one and done players in the past 12 years has hurt his reputation with kids who envision themselves playing one year of college. Most 5 star kids believe they only need one year of college and then they should be playing pro ball. Some schools promote that type of attitude and look for those type of kids, Roy seems to look for 2-4 year players. I do believe this perception along with the NCAA cloud and negative recruiting have combined to hurt recruiting. Unfortunately, we need a huge 2016 class and the NCAA cloud may not be resolved until early 2016. BY this time, some of our top targets will have already decided. I hope Roy can pull of some big time recruits, but outside of Bradley, I do not feel that UNC is out front for any of them at this point.
Most 5 star kids believe they need 0 years in college but it is their only option for one year other than going overseas. Most grossly over estimate their ability.

Most 5 star kids believe they need 0 years in college but it is their only option for one year other than going overseas. Most grossly over estimate their ability.

Understatement of the year. As do their parents, handlers, hangers on, etc... It's one reason kids are less coachable than they used to be.

Understatement of the year. As do their parents, handlers, hangers on, etc... It's one reason kids are less coachable than they used to be.

Yes indeed!!! Well said gentlemen!

Dave,

Some timnes I wonder how I can use the words I do and yet folks still don't seem to understand the point...

"Roy has gone after the wrong guy" . . . . WTH (?) . . so, let me get this correct, you think he was wrong to go after Randle, the #1 PF in the class . . ? While he also went after Parker, the #2 PF and Noah Vonleh the #3 PF . . ? Roy recruited the top 3 PFs in that class . . !!!! What part of offering those top 3 PFs was wrong on his part . .

Roy absolutely went after the wrong guy when he went so hard after Randle. Randle was not doing anything with us buttfluffing his resume. Parker we did really waist any recruiting capital on because the whole world knew he was going to duke. Going after Randle IMO VERY strong opinion cost us Vonleah because Vonleah felt he was being ignored by UNC. Crean made him feel like their #1 priority and stole him from us. We should have gone after Tarc & Vonleah as out top priorities rathar than spend the time on a dude that just was never going to come to us and by the way a guy that played the same position as Vonleah.

Doesn't really matter if you know that, believe that or don't, just telling you what happened. If ya can't understand that losing a guy you had in the bag over recruiting a guy as your #1 priority that not only plays at the same position but one that you are treated as just another one in the crowd of coaches that come by, if ya can't understand that is a mistake then I don't know what to tell ya.

You put way to much stock in rankings, I could care less where a kid is ranked as long as he can play. What was sit, a top 5 recruiting class than we brought in last year as freshmen, yeah, so has it got some how worse on the recruiting front since we brought in JJ, Theo, and the kid you don't seem to think can play Joel Berry? We didn't bring in a great ranked class of kids that will be frosh next season but we were pretty much loaded with upper classmen, you are not going to bring in a great recruiting class when you return a loaded class projected to be the #3 team in the country next season. How hard is that to understand?

We need to bring in bigs this cycle that can produce early, Bradley can do just that but by all reports, one even in this thread, and by my eye test, SKJ is going to need some time, it isn't that I don't want him, those are words you are trying to put in my mouth that I never said nor hinted at. But we will be in dire straits for front court guys that produce once Brice leaves unless meeks and Hicks can find a level of play that I have not seen in them so far.

I want a Bam to come in for us, you want either a undersized volume shooting 4 or a skinny 4 that needs at least a year or 2 in the weight room to be able to play at this level?

I agree but the difference is I do not want us bringting in in a kid that isn't ready to play at this level just because he is over 6'7" if it costs us a kid that can produce early on. tell me billy, is that such a radical thought that I need to give my key board a rest? Tell ya something boss, ya need to stop listening to these so called experts so much because they have you and to many other Tar Heel fans convinced we no longer have a shot at either Giles nor Bam. Those same experts convinced ya Ingram was a lock for us and kenny Williams was a lock for Uva.

You would be VERY wrong if you think Dennis is not some what concerned with the FACT that we have a top shelf PG in Joel, fortunately Roy can sell him on playing beside Joel but that pitch has to wait until a more clear picture developes of what Thorton at duke and Cat Barber end up doing.

The big sell is selling Dennis on playing beside berry and I think Roy can close with that pitch if Barber comes back and Thorton comes back.

"Some timnes I wonder how I can use the words I do and yet folks still don't seem to understand the point... "

I guess that reading your posts makes me word weary and sleepy all at the same time.

So, here's my position and if it differs from yours, then so be it. Its all good to disagree . .

Yes, I want very badly to receive a commit from Giles, Bam and Smith. Though IMO, I have grave doubts that we somehow manage to do so.

I'd be happy with any of the other players that Roy has offers out to. I believe Roy would say the same, the 'sign of the times' and all that.

"Some timnes I wonder how I can use the words I do and yet folks still don't seem to understand the point... "

I guess that reading your posts makes me word weary and sleepy all at the same time.

So, here's my position and if it differs from yours, then so be it. Its all good to disagree . .

Yes, I want very badly to receive a commit from Giles, Bam and Smith. Though IMO, I have grave doubts that we somehow manage to do so.

I'd be happy with any of the other players that Roy has offers out to. I believe Roy would say the same, the 'sign of the times' and all that.
I don't think we can wait but so long on the 1A choices , If 1B is ready then let's take 'em keeping in mind nothing is final till sigs are on paper. We got burned dicking around too long with that A-hole Randle and then he eliminated us even before Moo.

I don't think we can wait but so long on the 1A choices , If 1B is ready then let's take 'em keeping in mind nothing is final till sigs are on paper. We got burned dicking around too long with that A-hole Randle and then he eliminated us even before Moo.

We have waited and waited for an answer to our offers to Giles, Bam and Smith . .

Giles has held an offer for roughly 838 days . . Bam for 430 days . . . Smith for 375, if' these guys wanted to play for UNC and Roy, they have had plenty of time to commit. They can all look at the roster and have a great feel for who will be here or not when their freshman year has arrived.
Maybe Roy isn't feeling it with any of those 3, maybe he wants to be sure he isn't late to the party by not offering those that are not OADs . . personally, I like his shotgun approach to the '16 class . .

We have waited and waited for an answer to our offers to Giles, Bam and Smith . .

Giles has held an offer for roughly 838 days . . Bam for 430 days . . . Smith for 375, if' these guys wanted to play for UNC and Roy, they have had plenty of time to commit. They can all look at the roster and have a great feel for who will be here or not when their freshman year has arrived.
Maybe Roy isn't feeling it with any of those 3, maybe he wants to be sure he isn't late to the party by not offering those that are not OADs . . personally, I like his shotgun approach to the '16 class . .

Our primary targets have indeed had beaucoup de time to commit and yet they haven't. And like Billy said, they have a very good idea of who will be leaving after this year, unlike a lot of other suitors. This speaks volumes to me about the impact the NCAA investigation has had on our recruiting. Ergo, the reason Roy is starting to specifically address it with recruits. I think he sees this class slipping away from him, at least as far as our primary recruits are concerned.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT