ADVERTISEMENT

USC disrespect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's a good thing because until we beat the Game out of those Cocks they will always show little to no respect towards us. Go Heels!!

To be honest, their fans shouldn't respect us. They thumped us in Chapel Hill when we were both sorta bad (our mini comeback excluded); then they thumped us in Columbia even though they played terribly and weren't even fit.

Spurrier also owns Carolina, historically. Plus, they're in the SEC and look at the ACC (minus FSU) the same way you look at ECU. So you can't really fault them for being confident and 'overlooking' this game.

I don't really care about what their fans are thinking though. I really hope Spurrier and the players are overlooking this game ;)

It seems they dont respect UNC down in Columbia, SC ... they see Kentucky as the early test ... thoughts?? https://southcarolina.rivals.com/

Nothing new in that. When SoCar left the ACC. we owned them hostorically, but SoCar football fans had some strange idea that the reverse was true. WE could beat 5 consecutive years, and those idiot chickens would console themselves that we are nothing compared them.

What's annoying is SEC football is SO BIG that some people [read: some, not the majority] are starting to associate 'Carolina' with SCar. At least in Georgia. SMH

That is true. The basketball-onlys and basketball-fisters will never alllow themselves to see it, but the fact is that football is so much bigger than basketball that if UNC fails to build and maintian a top football progra, the default 'Carolina' team 20 yeras from now will be that POS in horrid Columbia.

When SoCar joined the SEC, almost all the SEC fans I knew menat UNC when they said Carolina. Today, except fpr those with speific UN ties or interests, all SEC fans mean SoCar when they say Carolina. And because of the power of SEC football, the rest of the country is slowly following suit.

Football always wins out over basketball.

Reactions: Anna Mule
That is true. The basketball-onlys and basketball-fisters will never alllow themselves to see it, but the fact is that football is so much bigger than basketball that if UNC fails to build and maintian a top football progra, the default 'Carolina' team 20 yeras from now will be that POS in horrid Columbia.

When SoCar joined the SEC, almost all the SEC fans I knew menat UNC when they said Carolina. Today, except fpr those with speific UN ties or interests, all SEC fans mean SoCar when they say Carolina. And because of the power of SEC football, the rest of the country is slowly following suit.

This is all true. Even smart people who know college football inside and out (meaning they know ACC just as well as SEC) have started slipping and calling SCar 'Carolina.'

As it stands now, sportscasters sort've use 'Carolina' for both now.

This is all true. Even smart people who know college football inside and out (meaning they know ACC just as well as SEC) have started slipping and calling SCar 'Carolina.'

As it stands now, sportscasters sort've use 'Carolina' for both now.

I mean really what has South Carolina ever done?....OK, they went to the SEC title game a few years back, and they beat Clemson 5 years in a row before last season, but what have they done?....I confess North Carolina ain't done a whole lot either, but our Football history compared to South Carolina, is better than South Cocky, and I think that we still hold the all-time edge in the series, but I'm not positive about that, but they are far from a juggernaut?

North Carolina as mentioned is generally referred to as "Carolina" during basketball season, and I don't see South Carolina changing that....In fact, the last time South Carolina won a game in the tourney was the year after they left the ACC, and was the same year that North Carolina beat them like a couple of rented mules in the 2nd round back in 73' or 74', and the Cocks haven't won a NCAA tourney game since....In fact, other than a couple baseball titles, and women's diving or track or something?.....South Carolina fans can count on one hand how many National titles they have won in team sports(Men and Women's combined)...

The Cocks will go back to being run of the mill in 3yrs when the old Ball Sack hangs it up.....They should have stayed in the ACC because their best chance to win an SEC title came and went when they lost in the SEC title game.....With Tennessee, Florida and Kentucky getting better, and stalwarts Missouri and Georgia waiting in the wings, South Carolina's road to the SEC title game just got a whole lot tougher....

As mentioned, they've put a beat down on the Heels the last couple times the two teams played, so it's not totally unexpected to see them already looking past the Tar Heels.....Which would make a victory this year over South Carolilna that much sweeter.....

False,overall sports and success at UNC has and always will give us the nod as CAROLINA no matter what you hear other fball fans say.Besides, being the oldest University of the two.Any dig at Bball and you'll jump at it.Until our fball team actually does something,we're not known as a fball power.I love fball,but your jealousy of bball is down right pathetic.Hell,with 23 titles,we're lucky not being called a soccer school.

Reactions: Orange Valley

Basketball fisters now that is disturbing.

False,overall sports and success at UNC has and always will give us the nod as CAROLINA no matter what you hear other fball fans say.Besides, being the oldest University of the two.Any dig at Bball and you'll jump at it.Until our fball team actually does something,we're not known as a fball power.I love fball,but your jealousy of bball is down right pathetic.Hell,with 23 titles,we're lucky not being called a soccer school.
UNC will always be Carolina. Look at any sporting event etc any where in the world and you may see an UNC t-shirt. CBS Sunday morning segment on kids in Cali helping with sea animals there was a little girl front and center with a UNC t-shirt on.

I think we'll score somewhere around 40 on them. I dont think we can hold them to 20 points though TBH.

I'd say more like 41-31

I am not waiting for the change, It has already happened. We merely are waiting its to run its course to become complete.

30 years ago, the only people who routinely meant SoCar when they said Carolina were SoCar alums and fans. Even in SC, half of the people who said Carolina meant UNC - though to be fair, part of that was Clemson people digging at Gamecocks. 30 years ago, even duiring football season, almost all SEC people meant UNC when they said Carolina.

That changed years ago. The default for Carollina in SEC country is SoCar. The reason is football. Not SoCar football. Football. Just as football determines what is a Power or Major conference, football determines how names are seen. Why did SoCal win the l;egal right to USC over SoCar? SoCal football is MUCH bigger than SoCar football. Football history and brand name determined something that based on school age and state abbreviation should have belonged to SoCar with hardly a doubt.

When the SEC took SoCar, almost all UNC fans were certain the move could never help the SEC or SoCar. I was seemingly alone in predicting that the move would make the SoCar athletics department wealthy and respected and successful in ways most people other than diehard Gamecocks could hope for. I said that SEC football in the Carolinas would harm the reputation of ACC football even with FSU added to the ACC.

The reason I was correct is football is football. Football always trumps everything.

So, if you are alive 20 years from now, and UNC has continued to suck at football and SoCar has finally won an SEC title in football and a couple of east titles, even with 2 more UNC basketball national titles, the majorityb of sports fans across the country will mean SoCar when they say Carolina.

Respect is earned. The Heels have to start beating quality opponents and/or
opponents from the SEC. Close doesn't count. If Fedora and staff are
going to put their mark on UNC Football, they have to win games like
this. I hope the staff will use the "disrespect" angle or whatever it takes
to get the best out of our guys. Go Heels!!!!

Past teams and games are just that ... in the past. This years game is about two teams with some questions to be answered ... USCjr on Def, QB, WR ......... UNC on Def, special teams ............ UNC will have more time to work on holes leading up to this game .... I think this game might come down to turnovers, costly penalties and special teams play ..... will UNC have the home field advantage?? ..... Prediction UNC 31 USCjr 24

Reactions: uncboy10
Past teams and games are just that ... in the past. This years game is about two teams with some questions to be answered ... USCjr on Def, QB, WR ......... UNC on Def, special teams ............ UNC will have more time to work on holes leading up to this game .... I think this game might come down to turnovers, costly penalties and special teams play ..... will UNC have the home field advantage?? ..... Prediction UNC 31 USCjr 24

We're gonna win, there's no doubt in my mind. Your score sounds about right to me.

carolina is winning the game...they can disrespect, look past, cluck about their conference slate, and blah blah all they want...it doesn't make a difference one game a year, especially the first one of the year.

Reactions: nolegeorge
You say Carolina and most folks think Carolina blue.....that's all I know. Not too many schools have a color named after them....go heels!

It seems they dont respect UNC down in Columbia, SC ... they see Kentucky as the early test ... thoughts?? https://southcarolina.rivals.com/
I've been wondering about this game. North Carolina has a ton of returning starters on this team, and starters at the important positions. I'm wondering how much the defense will improve. That's going to be the biggest question mark. If the defense improves you should be able to get enough stops, to out score them.

Nolegeorge. Check with me around the middle of Aug. I may end up having a extra ticket. If your coming up by yourself.

Reactions: nolegeorge
Nolegeorge. Check with me around the middle of Aug. I may end up having a extra ticket. If your coming up by yourself.

I appreciate it Bobby ... Im pricing it out now and seeing if any of my friends here are interested ... but I will definitely come back and ping you on here ... Ive decided to get out and see some other schools playing this year and that would be an awesome start to the season.

I am not waiting for the change, It has already happened. We merely are waiting its to run its course to become complete.

30 years ago, the only people who routinely meant SoCar when they said Carolina were SoCar alums and fans. Even in SC, half of the people who said Carolina meant UNC - though to be fair, part of that was Clemson people digging at Gamecocks. 30 years ago, even duiring football season, almost all SEC people meant UNC when they said Carolina.

That changed years ago. The default for Carollina in SEC country is SoCar. The reason is football. Not SoCar football. Football. Just as football determines what is a Power or Major conference, football determines how names are seen. Why did SoCal win the l;egal right to USC over SoCar? SoCal football is MUCH bigger than SoCar football. Football history and brand name determined something that based on school age and state abbreviation should have belonged to SoCar with hardly a doubt.

When the SEC took SoCar, almost all UNC fans were certain the move could never help the SEC or SoCar. I was seemingly alone in predicting that the move would make the SoCar athletics department wealthy and respected and successful in ways most people other than diehard Gamecocks could hope for. I said that SEC football in the Carolinas would harm the reputation of ACC football even with FSU added to the ACC.

The reason I was correct is football is football. Football always trumps everything.

So, if you are alive 20 years from now, and UNC has continued to suck at football and SoCar has finally won an SEC title in football and a couple of east titles, even with 2 more UNC basketball national titles, the majorityb of sports fans across the country will mean SoCar when they say Carolina.

That depends on what type fans you are talking to,I've been all over this country and when i've been appoached while wearing anything UNC,they ask me how good is Carolina gonna be in bball or fball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT