ADVERTISEMENT

USC disrespect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on what type fans you are talking to,I've been all over this country and when i've been appoached while wearing anything UNC,they ask me how good is Carolina gonna be in bball or fball.
You got lucky, then. Your average UNC fan/alum will look at you like you're speaking Portuguese if you bring up Tar Heel Football

Reactions: UNC71-00
I guarantee you a whole lot more people across the Country see that Jersey every weekend on ESPN, SEC network and all the other major networks then ever see North Carolina in Football and Basketball combined!

I guarantee you a whole lot more people across the Country see that Jersey every weekend on ESPN, SEC network and all the other major networks then ever see North Carolina in Football and Basketball combined!

Your own friggin' school did a study that showed people associated "Carolina" with UNC... so go piss up a rope.

No they don't.

Carolina = North Carolina everywhere except for South Carolina. If you're talking in the context of SEC schedules or football then yes Carolina can be used. But if it's just a general question of "When I say Carolina, what school/university do you think of?" The overwhelming answer will be North Carolina.

But, who gives a crap?!?! I'm a Gamecock fan, and want to win the game, not the right to be called Carolina. We both have a lot of questions. We both have new DC's. We both have Offensive minded HC's who call the plays. At the end of the day I believe South Carolina is more talented top to bottom. But you have a proven QB and we do not. That is a huge factor. South Carolina will do what they did a few years ago in Columbia, run the ball and play keep away. On defense we will try and stop the run (something we've struggled against with running QB's) and make you throw underneath and drive the field. Our thought is that you won't be perfect for 10-15 plays and it only takes on mistake for you to be behind the chains. Hopefully we are in better shape. UNC was about to ramp it up and then the delay came. All in all it should be a great game and is always fun. Predictions will come week of...

Well you're a dumass then. Unc bball ALONE is more recognizable than all usc-lite's sport prgrams COMBINED.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Carolina owns a 34 - 18 - 4 all time record vs Sakerlina. The coots have won the last two meetings. I'm looking forward to witnessing your Heels make it win #35, this year.

Dear Tarheels -

Please beat them like rented mules on Sept 3rd. We'll be watching.

Signed,
Tiger Nation (or as I read on another post - your affectionate nickname for us, Moo U)

Reactions: scottoutdoors71
Dear Tarheels -

Please beat them like rented mules on Sept 3rd. We'll be watching.

Signed,
Tiger Nation (or as I read on another post - your affectionate nickname for us, Moo U)

Moo equals NC State

Ah - my bad. I saw this other post and didn't read closely enough.

http://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/coastal-picks.11808/

Best wishes still stand. I hope Fedora, Chiz and company have the perfect strategy in place.

Nothing would please us more than you guys embarrassing USCJr on opening weekend.

Yes- he was talking about some idiot, probably from the Raleigh News and Observer, picking State (Moo) to win the ACC yet in the same article picking Moo to finish 4th in the division.

As far as I can tell, this board is pretty Clemson friendly. Certainly we like you more than most other ACC teams, if not all of them. Clemson people have always been cool by me.

Yes- he was talking about some idiot, probably from the Raleigh News and Observer, picking State (Moo) to win the ACC yet in the same article picking Moo to finish 4th in the division.

As far as I can tell, this board is pretty Clemson friendly. Certainly we like you more than most other ACC teams, if not all of them. Clemson people have always been cool by me.

We are overall quite Clemson friendly. Even when I poke at Moo and AwBarn, I still like Clemson. Part of that is the mutual dislike of all things Columbia and Fowl. Part is that I think the SC Upcountry is gorgeous. Part is that when I lived in SC, almost all Clemson fans I met, alums and non-alums, I liked.

Thanks for the kind words. Upstate is definitely pretty country. We've got a great view out over the lake with the mountains in the background from Death Valley.

Re: the game...

With you guys dropping 35 on us last year and most of your O returning.....USCJr having a brand new DC and scheme installment...plus their utter lack of returning offensive weapons....

I like your chances. Odds opened at a ridiculous line. I see they've crept back to you guys only being -2 dogs now. If anything, I think it's a pick 'em. Hope you have a productive fall camp with no injuries.

I think we are al terrified of having much hope because we have been disappointed over and over since Mack left. WE fear we are becoming Cubs fans. But instead, I say we are becoming Red Sox fans. Their long suffering became super success. I think it is coming for UNC football. And I think this new staff on D is the final piece of the puzzle.

Beating the yardbirds would be the perfect way to signal that we are headed in the right direction.

I think we are al terrified of having much hope because we have been disappointed over and over since Mack left. WE fear we are becoming Cubs fans. But instead, I say we are becoming Red Sox fans. Their long suffering became super success. I think it is coming for UNC football. And I think this new staff on D is the final piece of the puzzle.

Beating the yardbirds would be the perfect way to signal that we are headed in the right direction.

You are being drawn in again to believing when you should be preparing for the annual disappointment.

Death, taxes and UNC football underachieving.

Amen.

Planned on going to this game and making a weekend out of it, but after seeing the tix prices...well, I'll sit @ home and root for the REAL Carolina.;)

I'm hoping the prices on stubhub will drop closer to gameday when sales are at a standstill

I'm hoping the prices on stubhub will drop closer to gameday when sales are at a standstill
I may have 1 or 2 I can part with (and would eat some money if they went into a real Carolina fan's hands) if you promise not to subject me to the Dead.

ETA: Just checked and don't even see this game on StubHub. Odd.

Lol poor SCar. All they have to hang their hat on is SEC membership. It's all they have....
i love the way they excuse their mediocre won/lost record and zero league titles by saying how tough SEC football is. what they neglect to mention is the huge recruiting advantage they have from being in the SEC with top rated recruits wanting to play against bama, etc. despite that advantage they're STILL mediocre at best. i saw a picture of a gamecock fan in the dictionary -- next to "delusional."

I may have 1 or 2 I can part with (and would eat some money if they went into a real Carolina fan's hands) if you promise not to TREAT me to the Dead.

ETA: Just checked and don't even see this game on StubHub. Odd.

Fixed.

On a serious note I'll make sure to follow up with you on that in the next few weeks if you've still got an extra. I'd like to go but I'm not sure yet if my schedule will be clear

I may end up with one extra ticket. None of my friends with give me the hell yeah I'll go answer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT