ADVERTISEMENT

USC disrespect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't f*ck this up Tarheels! I wanna see USCjr go 0-3 to start the season off. I'd love to see Hood and Switzer eat them up on screens, speed sweeps, and slant routes.... gunna come down to which of the god awful defenses from last year has improved the most.

COCKu v Carolina comparison
O-line: UNC
QB: UNC
WR: Toss Up
RB: Toss Up
TE's: USCjr
Return Game: UNC
D-line: Toss Up
LBers: USCjr
Secondary: USCjr
Pass-rush: Toss Up
Field Goal Kicker: USCjr

Ya'll can win this...

I would love to see CUjr go 0-3 but you play a bunch of Div II opponents to start the season.

Possibly but it all comes down to interpretation. Also I think Creighton goes by CU but dont think they have a football team. Good basketball though.

Think this will be a good game. You have a lot of good players back on offense so it will be difficult task for Gamecocks defense. A lot of unknowns on both sides of ball for my team but time will tell. I know last year our defense was hard to watch. Hoping that like adding Chizik that Hoke will get it straightened out.

Well played. I was just having a little fun with ya.

Thought you were. I posted to let some Heels know that not all Gamecocks are bad. We do have our fair share of delusional fans like most teams. Probably more than most. I know most of our fans are worried about this game.

Thought you were. I posted to let some Heels know that not all Gamecocks are bad. We do have our fair share of delusional fans like most teams. Probably more than most. I know most of our fans are worried about this game.

That post about how UNC fans were predicting an undefeated season really cracked me up...

It seems they dont respect UNC down in Columbia, SC ... they see Kentucky as the early test ... thoughts?? https://southcarolina.rivals.com/
Why would Carolina respect an ACC team
it has whipped 5 of last 6 meetings dating
back to 1985? especially a school that cant get 30,000 fans to a home game. What's even worse is your fans have 0 passion for the game and your football facilities are wretched. Stick to basketball and lacrosse.
By the way Carolina's record in the toughest conference in America in last
5 years is 26-15, with 4 straight bowl victories and 3 double digit win seasons. and our players take their own tests!

Reactions: Anna Mule
back to 1985? especially a school that cant get 30,000 fans to a home game. What's even worse is your fans have 0 passion for the game and your football facilities are wretched. Stick to basketball and lacrosse.
5 years is 26-15, with 4 straight bowl victories and 3 double digit win seasons. and our players take their own tests!

Carolina respects most ACC teams because they are our peers in the ACC.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
it pleases me to see your total lack of respect for the real carolina, even to the point of distorting and selectively citing statistics and spinning 26-15 into a great record (despite the recruiting advantages of playing in the best conference.) it pleases me because i hope the scar players and coaches share your overconfidence. i would love for the carolina tar heels to whoop your pathetic arrogant butts. please drop by again if that happens.

jabroni? Sounds about right. Also, WTH is wrong with the return key on your computer? You're gonna need to cut back to 3 packs a day so you can afford to fix that, mkay?

it has whipped 5 of last 6 meetings dating back to 1985?
We've played every team in the ACC more than 6 times in the last 30 years. Your question, even though rhetorical, makes no sense. But since we're throwing out arbitrary stats, do the numbers 34-18-4 ring any bells?

especially a school that cant get 30,000 fans to a home game.
Demonstrably false, you goofy little chicken.

What's even worse is your fans have 0 passion for the game....
And yet here you are arguing with them.

...and your football facilities are wretched.
Says the fan of a team whose stadium is located in a repurposed landfill. At least the state fairgrounds get visited in off-months, although I've heard it's often difficult to distinguish the USCjr fans from the livestock.

Stick to basketball and lacrosse
You forgot men's soccer, women's soccer, women's lacrosse, baseball, softball, volleyball, and all the other sports in which Carolina excels. Here, get a load of this! (Psst. You'll need to keep scrolling towards the bottom if you're looking for your beloved yard chickens.)

and our players take their own tests!
Yeah, I bet those are grueling at such a prestigious institution!

No one in their right mind would overlook UNC in this game. You guys have a lot of offensive talent and also
to many unknowns on both team. It is great to kick off a new season with a game like this..

No one in their right mind would overlook UNC in this game. You guys have a lot of offensive talent and also
to many unknowns on both team. It is great to kick off a new season with a game like this..

eh ... just go over to the USCjr boards and you will read the overconfidence .... they are always this way over there .... UNC has a pulse on D this year ... they will show up ... lets hope the UNC crowd does the same to support their boys because a little bit of noise goes a long way in these games

jabroni? Sounds about right. Also, WTH is wrong with the return key on your computer? You're gonna need to cut back to 3 packs a day so you can afford to fix that, mkay?

We've played every team in the ACC more than 6 times in the last 30 years. Your question, even though rhetorical, makes no sense. But since we're throwing out arbitrary stats, do the numbers 34-18-4 ring any bells?

'goofy little chicken' is redundant.

Says the fan of a team whose stadium is located in a repurposed landfill. At least the state fairgrounds get visited in off-months, although I've heard it's often difficult to distinguish the USCjr fans from the livestock.

Raising Heel, while I'm enjoying the friendly (and not so friendly) banter, I thought I would pass this along for those who had not been to Williams Brice in quite some time. The picture in Post #585 on the linked page shows just the changes from last year to this year. However, the thread includes a number of photos.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=213267&page=30

Raising Heel, while I'm enjoying the friendly (and not so friendly) banter, I thought I would pass this along for those who had not been to Williams Brice in quite some time. The picture in Post #585 on the linked page shows just the changes from last year to this year. However, the thread includes a number of photos.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=213267&page=30
I was there very recently. It's still in the warehouse district of a too-hot city. Wooohoo!

No denying it is too hot. But also no denying that:

(1) The area immediately adjacent to the stadium and then within a block or two is now apartment buildings and dedicated parking (with electric and cable hookups for many spaces) that replaced those warehouses. You also have a good bit of grass and trees replacing the old asphalt.

(2) On game days, there are not many other stadiums that allow for abundant close parking and relatively quick ingress and egress. Try getting into or out of Clemson on game day.

(3) The university just purchased several hundred acres between the stadium/highend parking/new indoor facility and the river to the southwest. Thanks to the stadium's location we have the ability to expand unlike nearly any other facility in the country.

Sure it would be convenient for the students to walk from their dorms to the stadium if it were on campus. But for donors, grads, attendees, fans of other teams, etc., Williams Brice's location has a lot going for it.

From what we have read about UNC's D , it has improved as well .... its the match ups that seem to favor UNC at this point (IMO)

UNC O vs USCjr D == UNC
USCjr vs UNC D == toss up
USCjr special teams vs UNC special teams == toss up
Coaching == EVEN

USCjr is breaking in a lot on O with the major position being QB .... UNC's D might be raw however a few mistakes by the new USCjr QB could be the key factor .... I dont see the experienced UNC O making as many mistakes ... not to say they wont have any but I think the key to this game hinges on the USCjr O and their execution
Coaching even? come on :p

Fun fact, Spurrier has won the first game of every season he has coached except for last year's drilling by Texas A&M.

And yet here you are arguing with them.

You forgot men's soccer, women's soccer, women's lacrosse, baseball, softball, volleyball, and all the other sports in which Carolina excels. Here, get a load of this! (Psst. You'll need to keep scrolling towards the bottom if you're looking for your beloved yard chickens.)

Yeah, I bet those are grueling at such a prestigious institution!

Today's Special: Roasted Gamecock :D

Okay jon, let's make sure you understand, clearly, why your "school" is NOT Carolina.

The first public state University in the United States was University of North Carolina, chartered in the State Constitution in 1789, cornerstone of Old East laid in 1793 and by 1795 we had several other buildings and students attending classes with the first class to graduate in 1799.

South Carolina College — the precursor to the University of South Carolina — founded on Dec. 19, 1801, no buildings or classes until 1804 or so and had all of 2 faculty and nine students!.

Georgia, the first charted in 1785, did not have buildings or classes or enrollment until 1801 and did not graduate anyone until 1804.

Don't confuse your late to the party business as a right to anything, looks like y'all are on "hind tit" on a permanent basis! :cool: o_O

Reactions: Raising Heel
I mean, who is the "Real Carolina" is a rivalry/debate only in the minds of the fans of the school from Columbia.

It's been proven in polls and discussions across the country that "Carolina" clearly refers to the school in Chapel Hill. I do feel sort of bad for the folks from Columbia - because they have no "identity" and are desperately trying to find one. Carolina was already taken by an older, more prestigious, more successful university. USC was already taken by a school out west that dwarfs SoCar in athletic achievements and academics. That's left them with only one unique identifier, and it's only unique because no one else would be dumb enough to use it as their mascot, The Gamecocks.

No matter how much they try to claim they're Carolina - it doesn't make it true, and they know that (or at least, I think they know that). It's not like "State" which could conceivably mean several different schools depending on where you are in the country (NCSU around the Carolinas, FSU in FL, Michigan State in the Midwest, etc.)

Carolina should just sue their @$$es like USC did to end this "debate" once and for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raising Heel
There's a reason they're the most widely mocked fan base on the national boards.

Most widely mocked on national message boards by guys like this:

4_Pooters-n-networks.jpg

No worries down here in South Carolina.

South Carolina fans are comically delusional in all aspects.

And yet, we don't really care what others think. We didn't care at Fort Moultrie and throughout the Revolutionary War. We didn't care during the Nullification Crisis. We didn't care at Fort Sumter and throughout the Civil War. Throughout history, South Carolinians just have a tendency to believe in themselves and not worry too much about what others think.

Even today, take the SC Bar for example. We have no reciprocity with any other state. Why? We like the way we do it just fine, and if you want to practice law in this state, then you need to come pass our Bar Exam. From the outside, it appears backwards. From the inside, we're just fine, thank you.

So perhaps what outsiders view as delusion, those in the State of South Carolina see as self-assuredness. We have a history of not needing any validation from the outside, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that spill over to our fan base.

And yet, we don't really care what others think. We didn't care at Fort Moultrie and throughout the Revolutionary War. We didn't care during the Nullification Crisis. We didn't care at Fort Sumter and throughout the Civil War. Throughout history, South Carolinians just have a tendency to believe in themselves and not worry too much about what others think.

Even today, take the SC Bar for example. We have no reciprocity with any other state. Why? We like the way we do it just fine, and if you want to practice law in this state, then you need to come pass our Bar Exam. From the outside, it appears backwards. From the inside, we're just fine, thank you.

So perhaps what outsiders view as delusion, those in the State of South Carolina see as self-assuredness. We have a history of not needing any validation from the outside, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that spill over to our fan base.

I couldnt agree more, although there are plenty of South Carolinians who take run of the mill self-assuredness way past the point of cocky and into delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT