ADVERTISEMENT

We still have a chance with Ingram.

Sorry, I can tell by your comments about Quinn Cook that we're not going to agree at all. In fact, I strongly disagree with your assessment of Quinn and his leadership.

Do you deny that Cook, up through his junior year, was a hothead that let his emotions get the best of him?

Do you deny that Cook, up through his junior year, was a hothead that let his emotions get the best of him?
I simply can't agree with your assessment of Quinn and am pretty sure I won't change your opinion. Would rather avoid a pissing match on a topic that neither of us will be swayed on.

No, I "stuck my nose in" to let you know that you were wrong. I never compared Duke next year to ND this season. Again, that was another poster.

You attempted and failed to show i was wrong. I never said dook had no seniors. You don't seriously believe that Jefferson and Plumbob's roles are anything comparable to that of Connaughton and Grant. If dook had seniors of that caliber they would be the captains.

I simply can't agree with your assessment of Quinn and am pretty sure I won't change your opinion. Would rather avoid a pissing match on a topic that neither of us will be swayed on.

It was a simple "yes" or "no" answer I was looking for. But I'll take your reluctance to answer as somewhat of an agreement from you that Cook, through his junior year, was anything but a leader.

One thing we can agree on is that MR Yankee Jet doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Whats wrong your Dook buddies on TDD don't give you the responses you desire, so you come over here and Loiter???

If you don't think Cook was an amazing leader this year for Duke you probably didn't watch many games.. Also if you don't think Amile will be a great leader you didn't watch many either lol...

One thing we can agree on is that MR Yankee Jet doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
I'm not a doctor, but I can tell the difference.

Whats wrong your Dook buddies on TDD don't give you the responses you desire, so you come over here and Loiter???
Nope, I've been posting over there too. Just like hanging out with my fan club over here on occasion, and the impending Brandon Ingram announcement is a good excuse to do just that.

Cook definitely let his emotions get the best of him his first three seasons. Gradually less and less, but he was still prone to bouts of hot-headedness in his junior year. This year was a complete 180 and he turned into one of the greatest senior leaders in Duke history. Without him, this team doesn't gel nearly as well and we don't win a championship.

Look I grew up in Kinston also which not sure what that means. Went to school at KHS and boy it has sure changed a lot. But everyone there IS NOT a dang Tar Heel fan I can promise you that. Not sure what inside info Billy has to keep thinking he is going to be a Tar Heel but I have some little birdies that have told me the same. Remember he is just a kid and very excited and has had a hard time keeping his secret to his inner circle. (Keep the faith)
Great news hope it is true

I'm not a doctor, but I can tell the difference.

Nope, I've been posting over there too. Just like hanging out with my fan club over here on occasion, and the impending Brandon Ingram announcement is a good excuse to do just that.

Appears more like you are an attention HOG that doesn't get any(that too) over on TDD, so you have to come run your Yankee mouth over here. Ass clown that needs to be ignored!

Is it the 1700s or something? Why are people using yankee as an insult?

^ Not an insult to many good northern folks, in my quick analysis. however, New Jersey @ Durham Universheety is unlike most other northern folks (jmho). Hell_0, they are much worse than All others combined.

I've gotta give Cook a nod in this argument. I think he was huge for Duke after the Rasheed episode and after Duke had lost to NC State and gotten blown out at home by Miami. I wonder how that young team would have responded without some older guys with fire like Cook.

Excuse me while I got throw up a little in my mouth and scold myself in the mirror for writing this! =)

Last edited:
I've gotta give Cook a nod in this argument. I think he was huge for after the Rasheed episode and after Duke had lost to NC State and gotten blown out at home by Miami. I wonder how that young team would have responded without some older guys with fire like Cook.)
I think you hit the nail on the head.

After we lost to ND in the ACC tournament, Cook was the one that called for a players only meeting and lit a fire under the team's ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT