ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Band Ever

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
Not just one-hit wonders. We're talking about bands that (have) sustained some level of commercial success or popularity despite the fact you loathe every song they've ever recorded.

GO!!!

I need some clarification. Do individual artists count or does it have to be a band? For example, Justin Bieber is the only correct answer to this thread, but since he is technically not a band does he qualify?

Coldplay
Greenday
U2
Any and all mainstream country (I like country, but has to be the southern rock type)
All "boy bands" or Pop-40 artists.

I need some clarification. Do individual artists count or does it have to be a band? For example, Justin Bieber is the only correct answer to this thread, but since he is technically not a band does he qualify?

Qualifies and then some. Kudos.

a915b57e752199cb21543210d1d0f8ff.jpg

Reactions: tarheel0910
Are we including rap artists? If so, not sure there's enough bandwidth on this site for my post. But I'll start with these:

Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
Drake
2 Chainz
Ja Rule
DMX
Nicki Minaj
Soulja Boy
Waka Flaka Flame (no shit, that's the name he goes by)

If we limit it to non-rap artists, I'll start with these:

Fall Out Boy
Limp Bizkit
The Black Eyed Peas
Courtney Love
Incubus
Linkin Park

Are we including rap artists? If so, not sure there's enough bandwidth on this site for my post. But I'll start with these:

Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
Drake
2 Chainz
Ja Rule
DMX
Nicki Minaj
Soulja Boy
Waka Flaka Flame (no shit, that's the name he goes by)

If we limit it to non-rap artists, I'll start with these:

Fall Out Boy
Limp Bizkit
The Black Eyed Peas
Courtney Love
Incubus
Linkin Park
I think Vanilla Ice automatically bumps all those "rappers" to the second tier.

I agree with the rest, except I'll admit I like and still listen to some Incubus. They went downhill fast though; a buddy tried to listen to Light Grenades, pushed eject, and literally threw it out the window.

Reactions: Raising Heel
This one is hard for me because I listen and like almost all kinds of music. For about half of the bands/artists that you guys have listed I've either downloaded one of their songs or have a CD. I'll give it a shot though.

Brittney Spears
Lindsay Lohan (yes, she actually put out music)
Jonas Brothers
N'Sync
Backstreet Boys
Insane Clown Posse
One Direction
Miley Cyrus
Kanye West (he's too big of a douche to like his music)
Clay Aiken
Yoko Ono
Pink

I'm sure I'm gonna catch some hate for this but....Bieber's last 5 or so songs that I've heard on the radio have been pretty good. Like I was legitimately surprised that I liked them. I wouldn't go far enough to call myself a fan, but he's actually got a few out there right now that aren't bad.

(Ducks objects flying at head)

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I'm sure I'm gonna catch some hate for this but....Bieber's last 5 or so songs that I've heard on the radio have been pretty good. Like I was legitimately surprised that I liked them. I wouldn't go far enough to call myself a fan, but he's actually got a few out there right now that aren't bad.

He does have a couple decent ones. I found myself listening to a song and liking it on the radio, only to find out it was him, and I was shocked. Definitely a douche though, and the majority of his music still sucks.

Reactions: heelz2345

He does have a couple decent ones. I found myself listening to a song and liking it on the radio, only to find out it was him, and I was shocked. Definitely a douche though, and the majority of his music still sucks.
54423157.jpg

How about Smashmouth? They're still out there and actually played here for a local festival last month.
I know! My friends were pirates in that festival, and they told me about Smashmouth being the "headliner" and I really wanted to go just to see what it would be like seeing Smashmouth perform in 2016.

Apparently a lot of people felt the same. It was a huge turnout for an event on the Greenville Town Common.

Oh, and I probably saw your friends. We didn't go see Smashmouth, but I did take my daughter to the festival on Saturday morning, and she loved the pirates.

Sorry, should've been specific. Yes individual artists count.
Are we including rap artists?
No, because 98.5% of rap sucks.

Reactions: strummingram
Bieber....LMFAO..is there any doubt. It seems every time there is an award show on TV his dorky azzz is there.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I wonder if it's possible for OOTB to reach consensus on this subject. Even Bieber couldn't get unanimous support.

Well, we were just saying a couple of his songs are kinda decent. That doesn't mean that the rest of his songs can't be bad enough, and his general demeanor douchey enough, to propel him into "Worst Ever" despite the one-off decent songs.

Reactions: heelz2345
The Beatles really sucked ass...
Springsteen can really suck it...
Fleetwood Mac can blow me...
Led Zeppelin could really take it in the...
and haaaaahhhhhh....
I'm really not a fan of Kanye... From what I've heard, he really likes in the...
:p

Scorpions
Winger
Warrant
Iron Maiden
Twisted Sister
Ratt

I think you see where I'm going with this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT