ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

Watch out for FSU here as well.

I think UF is the larger threat at this point. He visited them for Junior Day just before FSU. So I think that trip was primarily about UF, but that's just my opinion. He's a big time target for us. I feel like he'll eventually end up in Chapel Hill. We'll see

Last edited:
Sally’s hairdresser’s husband’s cousin, twice removed on his father’s side, knows someone who knows someone who has inside info that we have silent verbals from another player or two who will commit before RaRa and Dillworth do. Never fear, cause...

”(Return of the Mack) come on
(Return of the Mack) oh my God
(You know that I'll be back) here I am
(Return of the Mack) once again
(Return of the Mack) pump up the world
(Return of the Mack) watch my flow
(You know that I'll be back) here I go.

So I'm back up in the game
Running things to keep my swing
Letting all the people know
That I'm back to run the show.”

I wonder if this virus will lead to more of our incoming freshman taking redshirts. They’ll have less time to learn the scheme and develop in the weight room since spring practice isn’t happening. Could be an advantage for us long term.

Page just tweeted that he wants to commit before his Senior year. Would be a monumental get for Mack and UNC.
It most certainly would be monumental, especially since Clemson is our main competition for Page and Clemson is on such an incredible recruiting run. They're basically picking, choosing, and getting who they want.To go head to head with a top 5 program and keep our best local prospect instate would be huge. We are starting to build an DL that has the potential to be dominant with the addition of a few more players. Page would be the crown jewel in that defense.

Come on down big guy!

Last edited:
RaRa implied on twitter while responding to a friend that he already knows where he's going to college. Would love to get him on board soon and start seeing those dominoes fall.

Reactions: matt 1976
Ra Ra is an extremely important piece to the 2021 class. We are starting to get the horses up front on defense and with people like Asante, West, Echols and Stephens already with the program or verbally committed, we are finally starting to put together the talent and depth in our front 7 that we have been asking for. If we can land Ra Ra, Echols, Stephens and Steele, that would be an excellent LB haul for 2021.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Didn't realize Rara runs a 4.38 forty... That's ridiculous speed for a LB

Didn't realize Rara runs a 4.38 forty... That's ridiculous speed for a LB

That is fast for sure. His film looks great so I wonder why is he not rated higher? Has to be weight.. rather light for a college linebacker at 190ish depending on the site. Best LBs in college 230 range. With the added weight would slow him down and unpredictable of how he would perform. Still hope he commits to the Heels.. I'd take my chances on him.

That is fast for sure. His film looks great so I wonder why is he not rated higher? Has to be weight.. rather light for a college linebacker at 190ish depending on the site. Best LBs in college 230 range. With the added weight would slow him down and unpredictable of how he would perform. Still hope he commits to the Heels.. I'd take my chances on him.

I don't think he'll get to 230. I think he could end up being a hybrid OLB/SS type guy and play at around 210 lbs. Maybe 215-220 by his junior or senior year. Having guys like that who can play in the box, and also cover slot receivers would be huge for our defense.

I don't think he'll get to 230. I think he could end up being a hybrid OLB/SS type guy and play at around 210 lbs. Maybe 215-220 by his junior or senior year. Having guys like that who can play in the box, and also cover slot receivers would be huge for our defense.
And I think that’s exactly what the staff envisions for him.

I read we may be picking up steam in Shipley’s recruitment. He’s one hell of a player, an APB who just runs away from defenders. By that, I mean he is extremely hard to catch when he gets in the open field. Great speed and great hands out of the backfield.

Clemson will be hard to beat for his services but we seem to be gaining a little momentum.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I read we may be picking up steam in Shipley’s recruitment. He’s one hell of a player, an APB who just runs away from defenders. By that, I mean he is extremely hard to catch when he gets in the open field. Great speed and great hands out of the backfield.

Clemson will be hard to beat for his services but we seem to be gaining a little momentum.
I have also read that his parents really, really, really don't want him to come to UNC. So if he does pick UNC lets head over to fackpride and watch fackageddon

Rara just announced he's not committing on April 17th. Hopefully he'll announce sooner and start knocking down some dominoes.
It is either UNC or Bama: the Drake Maye choice part 2.

I have high hopes that he too will be excited to be a 4* NC recruit heading to Chapel Hill to bring the ACC football championship back after 40 years.

Reactions: Archer2

He is fairly good friends with Maye; they play on the same 7 on 7 team. That has to help.

I don't know if there is a 2022 board:

I've heard that we're pretty close to landing our first '22 recruit, and maybe our first handful of them. Knotts was mentioned, as well as Omarion Hampton.

Also heard that Malaki Hamrick would jump on a UNC offer as soon as it's extended, which I'd imagine will be sooner rather than later.

Knotts is the number 8 receiver in the country and a top 5 player from NC. Also just received a crystal ball

Day Day Wilson is not a take at the moment. Carolina landed Bryce Steele and I believe are using him as a LB. Things could change, but Im hearing he is not a take atm. I believe I posted that awhile ago as well

Reason you aren't hearing a lot about Marley is grades. He has to make some stronger efforts in the classroom for UNC to take him.

I have also read that his parents really, really, really don't want him to come to UNC. So if he does pick UNC lets head over to fackpride and watch fackageddon
I think his parents are NVSU alumni. State fans know Shipley isn’t going to end up in Raleigh but they’d cut off their right arm to keep him from going to UNC. Notre Dame and Clemson will be tough to beat out.

It is either UNC or Bama: the Drake Maye choice part 2.

I have high hopes that he too will be excited to be a 4* NC recruit heading to Chapel Hill to bring the ACC football championship back after 40 years.
That’s our biggest draw right now. Come to UNC and be a part of something special that is being built.

He is fairly good friends with Maye; they play on the same 7 on 7 team. That has to help.
It certainly can’t hurt. He’d have a chance to play with Howell and Maye.

We need either Williams or Page. Landing both would be a major coup, Clemson/Bama/UGA/Ohio St level DT recruiting.
Amen. One would be great, both would be incredible. If we were to land both of them and also land Ritzie and Dillworth, it would assure us of a top ten class(perhaps top 5). What a defense we would have in a couple of years!!!

I know, I know. But one can dream, right?

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Good intel.

Couple things:
That 7 on 7 team must be insane with Drake and Shipley on it. Can you imagine rolling into a 7 on 7 tourney with your average HS team and you see both of those dudes on the other side of the ball, LOL!

Outside of Page being from NC and wanting to keep him in-state, I am starting to value Tyleik Williams over him. If it is true that Page is already up to 360 lbs, that could be a major issue for him at the next level. I think that he is closer to 6'3" and that is a lot of weight to carry around and try to stay healthy. With that being said, he might be a perfect addition to our defense as a NG, where he can clog things up in the middle. But, it concerns me that he has gone from around 315 to 360 in the last 6-7 months.

Reactions: HeelFan58
That is a lot of weight to have put on @matt 1976, but I'm sure we could find a place for him on our DL. Like you said, he would make one hell of a NT at that size. Plus, as you stated, he's a NC kid and we need to erect a barrier around the state and keep our NC recruits at home. A 5* recruit that is being heavily recruited by all the big time programs would make a statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt 1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT