ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

Ritzie quote: "I think we're going to win a National Championship."
Love that optimism.

Ritzie has unlimited potential, he’s one of the recruits I wanted most. Now, when we get a commitment from Grimes...

BTW, are we still looking good with Wilson or has that ship sailed? I think he has great potential.

Last edited:
Anyone notice Tyrion Dawkins tweeting at our players/recruits lately? Ritz committed and Tyrion commented on a UNC recruits page asking if he could join.

I ask because I've said for over a month now that we're in a good place with him.

:cool:

Boy, I hope you’re right @NBBears20124ACHAMPS. Looks like a SC lean now, but with Muschamp being on the hot seat...

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
I think you can make the case that Mack is the best recruiter in college football right now. Schools like Clemson, Ohio St, and Bama are an easy sell. As promising as our future is, it's still much harder to convince top level recruits to come to school like UNC, when they have offers from perennial powerhouse programs. He's selling a vision of a future that has never happened in Chapel Hill before. I've said all along that he has his mind set on winning a national championship at Carolina, and the attitude of our players and incoming recruits reflects that.

He's done a fantastic job of not only bringing in top notch talent, but also filling in the specific holes that we've had on the roster. He understands the big picture as well as any coach in the game. I just hope he ends up staying for more than five years.

South Carolina has made him a priority, but I don't see him staying in state. He almost publicly committed to Tennessee a few weeks ago. The key for us will be his visit.
Yeah, I'd surprised if he committed to SC, their program is in disarray right now. Tennessee is recruiting at an unusually high level right now, much as we are. Dawkins would be a huge commitment for us, much as Grimes would.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Love that optimism.

Ritzie has unlimited potential, he’s one of the recruits I wanted most. Now, when we get a commitment from Grimes...

BTW, are we still looking good with Wilson or has that ship sailed? I think he has great potential.
Most think Ritzie will end up playing at around 300 lbs. He can become quite the dominant, versatile man on the DL.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Most think Ritzie will end up playing at around 300 lbs. He can become quite the dominant, versatile man on the DL.
We've secured the commitments from several versatile linemen, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That's the thing about these young giants, you never know just how gigantic they will become with improved diet and training. That's one of the things I enjoy about college sports, these young men are in the midst of tremendous growth periods and sometimes even outgrow our expectations.

Reactions: JimmyinVA

Dayday @DameonWilson10

Its that time, who can do the edit!?!??!
1f525.png

2:02 PM - Jun 17, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
https://twitter.com/DameonWilson10/status/1273315200825995267
It may be that Wilson is close to making a decision, or at least cutting his list down from the current 6 of Ol' Miss, UK, WVU, Michigan, SC, and UNC. I would love to add this LB to our class. I think he may be our next commit.

https://twitter.com/DameonWilson10/status/1273315200825995267

Dayday @DameonWilson10

Its that time, who can do the edit!?!??!
1f525.png

It may be that Wilson is close to making a decision, or at least cutting his list down from the current 6 od Ol' Miss, UK, WVU, Michigan, SC, and UNC. He Tweeted this on 6-17. I would love to add this LB to our class. I think he may be our next commit.

2:02 PM - Jun 17, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

61 people are talking about this

Gonna be Missouri! Don’t think he has a commitable offer from us

Gonna be Missouri! Don’t think he has a commitable offer from us
Not doubting your word, but that would be strange since they aren't in his top 6. I have heard that he might possibly not have a "committable offer". It's hard to get much agreement on just what constitutes a "committable offer" from a "non-committable" one.

The general consensus is that a "committable offer" is one in which an acceptance by the recruit would make it a done deal. Obviously, the elite recruits get these. Evidently, a "non-committable offer" is one which may have certain stipulations attached to it, which may involve the school saying "If player X doesn't commit, the scholarship is yours; or if you commit by x/xx/xx, the scholarship is yours." The lower ranked players may receive this type of offer.

At any rate, it appears Daemon might be on the verge of committing. With about 5 more scholarships available, it will be interesting to see if Daemon comes to UNC.

If anyone else knows more about the difference between "committable" and "non-committable" offers, please elucidate.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
Not doubting your word, but that would be strange since they aren't in his top 6. I have heard that he might possibly not have a "committable offer". It's hard to get much agreement on just what constitutes a "committable offer" from a "non-committable" one.

The general consensus is that a "committable offer" is one in which an acceptance by the recruit would make it a done deal. Obviously, the elite recruits get these. Evidently, a "non-committable offer" is one which may have certain stipulations attached to it, which may involve the school saying "If player X doesn't commit, the scholarship is yours; or if you commit by x/xx/xx, the scholarship is yours." The lower ranked players may receive this type of offer.

At any rate, it appears Daemon might be on the verge of committing. With about 5 more scholarships available, it will be interesting to see if Daemon comes to UNC.

If anyone else knows more about the difference between "committable" and "non-committable" offers, please elucidate.

Yeah he’s talented! Wiltfong put a crystal ball in for him at an 8 to Missouri is why I said that earlier! Maybe he added them to his list?? Lots of others are saying Missouri as well..kind of weird

Strange thing.. several people on Rivals picked Grimes to UGA today. Several on TOS picked Grimes to UNC.

Going to be very interesting to see where the predictions move over the next week or so. I’ll bet that a week from now they will all move, on both sites, to one school or the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT