ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Thread

Nobody knows anything

I agree. I feel like everyone is just guessing..I think Corey Evans initially said that we had a good chance and might be in the lead! I just don’t trust his early predictions..I miss Evan Daniels

Last edited:
Bossi said as recently as today that nobody can say with certainty what Clark will do. He basically said that nobody knows for sure what he will do and they’re just speculating between UK and UNC.

Who knows what will happen but IC has Skyy Clark front and center on their page. One thing with them is they show nothing on a recruit if it isn't looking good for the home team. They gave Harrison Ingram little to no coverage last week.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
If he is reclassifying he will go to UK. If not, UNC. That simple imo.
I can't say I agree with that. If we were full at his position like we were when Kessler was thinking about reclassifying I would agree but I think this is much different. Coach Williams needs guards and if Clark wants to come a year early I think Coach Williams takes him.

Reactions: RoseHeel
I don't follow recruiting that closely any longer but it seems whenever a guy sets a date a month away he doesn't come to Chapel Hill. I am skeptical when guys announce they will be announcing in a month. In normal times I could see a guy wanting to visit for some midnight madness events but since those are no happening why wait? Hope he announces for UNC but history suggests that guys in similar situations opt elsewhere.

Reactions: TheGLOV
That has been my fear since he set his announcement date. I get waiting maybe a week, build it up some, but if you know, why wait a month? I’d love to have the young man, and we very well may still land him, I just don’t know if it’s a gimme like some suggest

lmao. So let's see: Originally it was all UK for months. Then the momentum supposedly shifted in our favor off of Corey's claims. We pick up tons of picks from "analysts" across the board. Commitment date gets set and suddenly no one knows anything anymore? This shit is an absolute circus. Only the clowns aren't funny.

Miss Evan Daniels already.

I may be forgetting someone, but I do not think Roy has taken a reclassified kid since coming back to UNC. If Clark is going to reclassify and with UNC's standards of enrollment, I would think UK is the landing spot. If he stays 2022, then I feel better about UNC's chances. Just based on how this recruitment has gone, the complete unpredictability and contradicting information they have given reporters, I am going to assume he commits to UK. These are not the type of recruitments that UNC typically wins.

I may be forgetting someone, but I do not think Roy has taken a reclassified kid since coming back to UNC. If Clark is going to reclassify and with UNC's standards of enrollment, I would think UK is the landing spot. If he stays 2022, then I feel better about UNC's chances. Just based on how this recruitment has gone, the complete unpredictability and contradicting information they have given reporters, I am going to assume he commits to UK. These are not the type of recruitments that UNC typically wins.

You are correct about no reclassifications. The only one that I can even recall a modicum of discussion about was JMM, but that obviously didn't happen.

So I agree with your premise that a reclass kid does not mesh with the track record - especially against one of the most unscrupulous recruiters in the sport. However, two things strike me as potentially different with Clark.

First, we are not speculating on a typical, sham, overnight reclassification - the best example being Marvin Bagley. Clark has some time in order to make it legitimate. He may well have begun that process over the Summer.

Second, the nature of academics is now vastly different. Online courses have become so prevalent that - for good or for ill - the process of fast-tracking schooling is more readily accessed.

All that said, I'm still holding out hope for Sallis in 2021 and Clark in 2022. But if it is Clark for 2021, then I trust that Roy trusts the legitimacy of his reclassification.

On the IC premium message board there's a thread about Carolina having interest in a new 2021 prospect. Does anyone know who that prospect is?

This is why I say reclassifying is likely UK to me. We have never gotten a reclassify to the point that I think Roy is against them.

Jonas Aidoo of Durham. 6'10, pretty athletic, skinny. Potential big stretch 4.

Probably, the staff isn't feeling great about Kaufman, and realizes we need a PF recruit next year.

As predictable as can be some sports writer has now declared the battle for Skyy Clark is tied.
Another one needing the clicks.

Pretty sure he’s going to decide in the spring. This works out well for us If we can get him on campus

I don’t know. Him delaying that long doesn’t strike me as an ultimate Carolina decision.

I think people are also largely ignoring the G-League possibility with Sallis. His rise has been meteoric and the spring decision could have something to do with that. I could be wrong in the end, but the G will have something to say.

G league is definitely an option for sure. Word is, had he decided before making a visit, we would have been on the outside looking in. And we very still may be after the visit. I just know in the past, visits have been very beneficial

Clark's commitment date is Oct. 22, 2020.
I know he is a '22.....still a good one if we get him.
Right now 24/7 is favoring UNC for Dunn we'll all know wednesday...but as some around here say, he's a kid so who knows.

Wonder which six get the ax for Sallis?

Last edited:
Feel very confident we get Dunn. I don’t feel as confident about the October 22nd decision as others, but hopefully we are fortunate enough to end up with the young man

Read this morning that Clark says "he is done with the calls", so guess he will mull it over 'tween now and 10/22/2020.

Hope so vikpirate.

Been reading for several days about 2022 SG McKneely in West Virginia and I am not so excited as others, good player, but as is generally the trend he is 100% WVa right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT