ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Thread

Losing faith in 2021 recruiting by the hour.
Yeah, it’s not shaping up to be the class we had hoped. I am most worried about pg since Sallis going elsewhere is a strong possibility and Love being a OAD is very likely. We can’t have Davis playing 35+ minutes per game.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yeah, it’s not shaping up to be the class we had hoped. I am most worried about pg since Sallis going elsewhere is a strong possibility and Love being a OAD is very likely. We can’t have Davis playing 35+ minutes per game.

As a sophomore, I think you might like Davis playing 35 min a game. The grass ain’t always greener........w/a shiny new 5 star.

As a sophomore, I think you might like Davis playing 35 min a game. The grass ain’t always greener........w/a shiny new 5 star.
I think you’re missing the point. Rarely do overused PG’s make it thru the season uninjured. It’s just too much wear and tear on their body. What if he gets injured, is sick or has foul trouble? You’ve got to have a reliable backup. It has nothing to do with shiny 5 stars and everything to do with multiple capable point guards on the roster like Roy loves to have.

Reactions: Steat and TheGLOV
Guarantee you Roy doesn’t want that. It’s exactly why he has said multiple times he will never get caught again without multiple point guards on the roster.
Yep, he said that the year that Kendall Marshall got hurt.

The need for a top point guard for 2021 is a no brainer, especially if Love is OAD and Harris continues with injury issues.

UNC 2020-21 DEPTH CHART

SR
Platek - W
Brooks - P

JR
Black - W
Manley - P

SO
Bacot - P

FR
Love - PG
Harris - CG
Davis - CG
Johnson - W
Walton - W
Kessler - P
Sharpe - P

'21
Styles - HF
Dunn - CG

PG - Point Guard
CG - Combo Guard
W - Wing
HG - Hybrid Forward
P - Post

I don't know that Ant is pre-disposed to further injury. Kid could be very important to our successes this season.

I don't know that Ant is pre-disposed to further injury. Kid could be very important to our successes this season.

Anthony Harris is practicing but isn't at 100 percent and won't be until some time next month is the hope. He's coming along, but they want to be cautious with him. Sounds familiar? Similar to last year.

I hate to be pessimistic, but Harris may be one awkward landing from another serious knee injury, which would be his third one and could end his career. Praying for the kid.

Another reason why UNC needs to land Sallis, Skyy or another top point guard for 2021. The one-time transfer rule next Spring could be a fall back option.

We got kids nationally committing to Louisville, Oregon, LSU and Clemson. All four star types, Clemson kid is three star... Roy is still working. Guess what I'm saying is there are players out there.

So much for that quid pro quo regarding Sallis/Clark. Kentucky seems to be in position to land both now.

If Sallis is waiting until the spring - then it's anyone's game and I would love our chances because we could get him on campus. So in that scenario, I don't see how anyone can call him to UK. If he's deciding in the fall, well, then we're screwed. As of now, the plan is for him to wait until the spring.

For Clark, most insiders still say it's 50/50 UNC vs. UK. I personally think it's more like 65/35 UNC.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Tom79
If Sallis is waiting until the spring - then it's anyone's game and I would love our chances because we could get him on campus. So in that scenario, I don't see how anyone can call him to UK. If he's deciding in the fall, well, then we're screwed. As of now, the plan is for him to wait until the spring.

For Clark, most insiders still say it's 50/50 UNC vs. UK. I personally think it's more like 65/35 UNC.

Hope you're right about Sallis.

With Clark though, it seems like all these analyst took Corey Evans at face value and ran with it, but are now trying to backpedal. Since that's where the majority of our momentum seems to have come from. Only fitting that Evans' last incorrect prediction would be for us. Then again, I suppose the joke would be on me for giving any credence to that hack. Hope I'm dead wrong.

If he ends up staying in 2022 and going to UK, hopefully we'll turn the heat up on J. Bradley.

With the extra year and one-time transfer rule, it's going to be like the Wild Wild West next spring and Roy is going to have some serious options, and that may be a gross understatement. I love Sallis, but Roy is not going to be held hostage.

As a hypothetical, what about a kid already fully vetted like Tre Mann who signed with Florida? What if he becomes an option? Don't you think Roy will be all over him? The kid was an official visit away from signing with UNC.

Stay tuned folks.

Last edited:
From people who deal with both Bradley & Jalen Hood Schifino talks seem to be trending that Schifino will end up as the better player of the 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT