ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas vs UNC 3rd place game thread—-Friday 24 November 2023…

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Two top 20 teams fresh from losing close contests battle to finish 3rd in the tournament. Biggest questions for me will be if Ryan is held out will his spot be taken by Wojcik or Withers. Personally my choice would be Wojcik but I am not the coach. Bacot is in a funk and as a senior leader and he needs to lead by example. As some of announcers have said he needs to demand the ball and work the paint like Ingram has been doing.

Cadeau also needs to step up both offensively and defensively…If the opponents are daring him to take the outside shot like they did Black last season he needs to prove them wrong. There is no easy way to say this but his defense needs lots of work…

For the second straight game I am going to miss most of it because my wife and I are going to see Napoleon but I will dvd it. Hopefully Carolina will recover from all of the fouls called on them yesterday and play like champions and don’t have a Waterloo of their own..

I like Cadeau's early dee adjustments. Aggressive, but not contending on the release, even exaggerated pulled back arms on 1st attempt in the lane.

Overall dee has been active once again.

I don't know anything about Arkansas, but they look really unskilled and fundamentally unsound.

Refs could have easily given Withers 2-3 fouls early in this game.

We've blown some switches at the top of the key.

Reactions: tarwhiz
RJ distributing pretty well early on. Arkansas seems like they will break down if they can't turn you over on dee.

We need to figure out a late shot clock set. Passing the ball to Ingram, near the corner, with under 10 to create his own offense won't be a thing, lol.

We have a limitation there without a lot of guys who can create offense for themselves.

I don't want to be too critical but his last 3 from the right wing felt like a "I haven't shot it in a while" shot.
Yeah, I'd rather make Arkansas work on dee, someone will break down. Also, Cadeau reverted on dee and gave no resistance on a straight line drive.

a butt screen? announcer just referenced a blatant hip check from behind on Ingram as a butt screen and said his defense needs to be better.

Even when Withers doesn't turn it over, he blows layups that trigger Arkansas fast breaks.

And why won't Hubert do something different on defense when a player is torching us. Holy crap man, trap him and make him give the ball up.

Caudeu has to improve that free throw stroke. Especially as a point who will have the rock late in close games.

Reactions: Heelicious
With Mando and RJ sitting with 2 fouls the bench crew is really struggling with finding any offense.

nobody, including these officials take hubert seriously. we just had trimble called for a close out foul by an official across the court with the primary official right beside the play not making the call and Hubert doesn’t get a tech. that was awful.

With Mando and RJ sitting with 2 fouls the bench crew is really struggling with finding any offense.
And I'd say this is a coaching mistake. You just can't afford to sit both guys for 5 minutes straight because we won't be able to score, especially without Ryan. I don't care what the foul situation is.

ETA: Cadeau was playing with 2 fouls, which makes it even worse.

gangs-of-new-york-daniel-day-lewis.gif

Outplayed, out coached... not looking good.

And I'd say this is a coaching mistake. You just can't afford to sit both guys for 5 minutes straight because we won't be able to score, especially without Ryan. I don't care what the foul situation is.
Shades of Dean sitting MJ in the NCAA with 2 against IU. I agree your vets should be able to play smart with 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT