ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Notre Dame game thread 🧵Wednesday 22 Feb 2023

Davis has just not been the same long range shooter since he got blasted at the end of the Syracuse when he took a game winning charge.

These announcers are totally clueless. I'd suggest ignoring them. They said a jumper RJ made was Love. They are berating that Puff would dare take a 3 that was wide open.

Honestly, they are worthless.

These announcers are totally clueless. I'd suggest ignoring them. They said a jumper RJ made was Love. They are berating that Puff would dare take a 3 that was wide open.

Honestly, they are worthless.
Well Puff shooting sub 30% from three made that a pretty reasonable take.

I mean it feels like we could shoot better from 3 if guys just closed their eyes and threw the ball up randomly. How can we universally all suck so bad at shooting? Are all the guys burned out? I don’t know of any other team that is as universally consistently horrible from three. Every player. So depressing. Most of these guys could shoot way better in high school. Wtf has gone wrong?

Davis has just not been the same long range shooter since he got blasted at the end of the Syracuse when he took a game winning charge.
None of our guys besides Bacot are good enough to play hurt. If Davis and Nance's poor recent shooting is really due to injuries, it makes no sense to me. They should both be sitting until healed. 70% of Pete Nance is not a helpful player.

It's wide open. If we don't want that shot, you don't put him on the court.
Unfortunately we really don't have anyone that can shoot on this team it seems. I'm fine with him shooting it but I understand where this take is coming from.

Ryan drives and scores then a Johnson from close range 41-40. Johnson awful on defense put Starling on the line and he hits one but then Black a tip in 42-42

I mean it feels like we could shoot better from 3 if guys just closed their eyes and threw the ball up randomly. How can we universally all suck so bad at shooting? Are all the guys burned out? I don’t know of any other team that is as universally consistently horrible from three. Every player. So depressing. Most of these guys could shoot way better in high school. Wtf has gone wrong?
2nd time in three years the team has been totally hopeless shooting.

Like I get @imajericho's point and agree no non-big should be playing typically if they can't shoot, but I legit am not sure if any of Trimble, Leaky, Puff, Dunn, Styles, Nance (22-23 version at least), and Washington can hit 35% on wide open threes. So not sure who we're supposed to play at this point.

Wertz runs by Davis and Love BOOM and a Nance layup after Puff puts up another brick 🧱 from the far left corner which forces a Irish timeout. Nance has been a force when in the paint. The team NEEDS TWO PLAY 2 BIGS now and for the rest of the season…

2nd time in three years the team has been totally hopeless shooting.

Like I get @imajericho's point and agree no non-big should be playing typically if they can't shoot, but I legit am not sure if any of Trimble, Leaky, Puff, Dunn, Styles, Nance (22-23 version at least), and Washington can hit 35% on wide open threes. So not sure who we're supposed to play at that point.
Puff is off today, sure. But, we do want him taking wide open 3s.

Puff is out there solely to shoot 3s.

He is 31.3% from 3 on the season. It's a bad %, but it's why we have him out there regardless.

The thing I see tonight that I just love is our help defensive. Nothing screams team cohesion like help defense.

LOL just kidding. One heel gets beat off the dribble and four guys back off and watch the uncontested layup. Beautiful. Inspiring

Heartless. Infuriating. Nauseating. Nobody on this team picks up his teammate with help defense.

But maybe HD is an offensive coach (LMAO) so nobody teaches help defense.

Them what is the purpose of all of the assistants. Worthless too if they can’t teach specialties like help defense, press, trap, etc.

Last edited:
The fact we can't make any consistent offense when Bacot is doubled is also bad coaching. I know it's harder with so few shooters but our positioning on the doubles is atrocious in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT