ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Virginia game thread—-ACC Tournament—Thursday 9 March 2023

years of mediocrity to come
Sad but true. Hub has major splainin to do for this whole year. This is unacceptable and he better say that and say he needs to do WAY better.

I don’t think anyone wants to hear any “aw shucks we competed hard and were close and had some injuries and bad breaks etc”.

BS. The product and the effort on the court from the players and from every coach starting with HD was mostly sht for most of the year. It cannot be the new standard. That on a good year with breaks they squeak in and go home first weekend.

We should get back to being a top 4 seed (top 16 team) most every year, and often a 1 or 2 seed. That has to be the standard. Why can’t we get back to where Kansas UCLA etc are?

Last edited:
Sad but true. Hub has major splainin to do for this whole year. This is unacceptable and he better say that and say he needs to do WAY better.

I don’t think anyone wants to hear any “aw shocks we competed hard and were close and had some injuries and bad breaks etc”.

BS. The product and the roofer on the court from the players and from every coach starting with HD was mostly sht for most of the year. It cannot be the new standard. That on a good year with breaks they squeak in and go home first weekend.

We should get back to being a top 4 seed (top 16 team) most every year, and often a 1 or 2 seed. That has to be the standard. Why can’t we get back to where Kansas UCLA etc are?

because we are the only blue blood who will
hire a JV coach and not get the best coach on the market, that’s why.

I don’t think anyone wants to hear any “aw shucks we competed hard and were close and had some injuries and bad breaks etc”.

BS. The product and the effort on the court from the players and from every coach starting with HD was mostly sht for most of the year. It cannot be the new standard. That on a good year with breaks they squeak in and go home first weekend.

program has been in decline since winning the natty over Gonzaga. caught lightning in a bottle last year which was an illusion. this isn’t a one year Hubert thing, it started a few years b4 that.

caleb love beat durham with the shot is forever etched…mando suffering an ankle in title game is etched.

they both ended k’s career in durham and in the f4, etched.

it’s time now to move on…would like to have mando back, which is likely, but that’s it.

caleb love beat durham with the shot is forever etched…mando suffering an ankle in title game is etched.

they both ended k’s career in durham and in the f4, etched.

it’s time now to move on…would like to have mando back, which is likely, but that’s it.
Mando and RJ I hope are back.

I suppose Trimble but he needs to become at least an average shooter.

Jalen Washington needs to step up and get better on both ends. Same for Nickel.

Who knows what Dunn and Styles are thinking? But if each of these players stays the same or goes backward, we are screwed next year and every year til Hub is gone.

I remember regularly seeing frosh and sophs and thinking “we didn’t go as far as we liked this year, but each of these guys are gong to make medium to large steps forward as players over the summer. Shooting, defense, knowledge of how to play right in the offense, strength, playing together as a team”.

If they all come back each with 0% improvement - or even regressing, - I’m out.

What could be more discouraging and depressing and soul crushing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT