ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes

There is now a lot of talk about the Missouri AD really liking Blake Anderson. Anderson has been good at Arkansas State, but not great.

If you fire an alum who just put together 3 consecutive bowl teams, and you do not make a splash hire, knives will be sharpened to take care of you if your hire isn't better than the alum you fired.

There's a report that the Cowboys top choices are Meyer and Chris Peterson. If true, that would keep Riley at Oklahoma for at least one more year.

Internet filled with talk of Ole Miss near deal with Lane Kiffin.

I think Kiffin wants an SEC West job to try to aggravate Saban as much as possible.

Internet filled with talk of Ole Miss near deal with Lane Kiffin.

I think Kiffin wants an SEC West job to try to aggravate Saban as much as possible.

If he wants a power 5 job, I think there will be better ones available than Ole Miss. It's going to be tough to compete there against Bama, LSU and Georgia.

Looks like fedora missed out on the ole miss job
I think the Fedora talk was a smoke screen by Ole Miss to get people off the scent of Ole Miss trying to snatch Kiffin out from under Arkansas. Many people would assume that Ole Miss be after Fedora because he had coached at Southern Miss and won 1 conference title and then had one the Coastal division once at UNC. But MS people have not forgotten that Fedora left Southern absolutely desolated. He left a team that went 0-12. Ole Miss people also know that while Fedora was on John Rhys Plumlee early, Plumlee was uninterested in Fedora once SEC teams began offering.

My hope for somebody helping UNC with the Fedora pay off is that a school makes him a grossly overpaid OC.

I wonder is Arkansas is now looking at Drinkwitz. He played HS ball at Alma AR, and college at Arkansas Tech. He was an assistant under Gus Malzahn.

I wonder is Arkansas is now looking at Drinkwitz. He played HS ball at Alma AR, and college at Arkansas Tech. He was an assistant under Gus Malzahn.

I read today that Drinkwitz is really the only external candidate left from them. If he turns them down, they may have to settle for promoting a current member of their staff.

Bruce Feldman is now among those who say that Butch Davis is in the running for the Arkansas job.

Butch got screwed by UNC, specifically Holden Thorp, and deserves another shot at a P5 job, in this case his alma mater.

Sam Pittman is back in the news. Reports now are that he indeed is a top candidate for the Arkansas HC job.

A one hit wonder? He hasn’t even shown what he can do as a recruiter

Does he have any connections with Missouri or the area?
Grew up in AR and played at Ark Tech. Assistant at Ark State.

Just 1 year as HC, in a G5 - that shows very little. Hiring him is a fairly big risk. It could pay, or blow up Mizzou football for another decade.

Report that Jeff Scott is leaving Clemson for the USF HC job. If he succeeds in rebuilding USF, certainly if he gets USF ahead of UCF, ACC and SEC programs will be looking at him closely.

If I am running the App St search committee, I definitely want to talk to Matt Canada. He's shown flashes of brilliance as an OC. He did a great job keeping Maryland together was interim (this Mike Locksley Terp team sucked something awful). And there have been reports that he does not want another OC job. He knows NC.

Auburn may target Chad Morris for the OC position
That would be like Leach hiring Morris as OC. Malzahn controls his offense, totally. No OC of his is ever going to do anything Malzahn has not authorized.

Morris might be a nice fit as Mack's OC.

Exactly. Let's keep what we have, and see how much better Sam and that offense will be next year. With some better red zone execution we could be a force on that side of the ball.

Yeah It will be interesting to see how the offense develops next year. I remember reading that Longo struggled with red zone efficiency at Ole Miss, especially against good teams. I hope that changes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT