ADVERTISEMENT

Comey . .

Normally I'd agree with you. But if he's impeached under suspicion of collusion with a foreign state (treason) then pardoning him would be political suicide for Pence. If he manages to hang on until 2018 there will be so many people ready to see him gone that liberals may actually show up in the midterms for once.
I will be glad to wager any amount you'd like.

He's not going to be indicted. He's not going to be impeached. He's certainly not going to jail. The government structure we have in place protects itself. It may give the appearance of being at-odds to the masses, but that's more like watching a sporting match of some kind. The system knows how to maintain self-preservation.

Liberals may show up for mid-terms. I dunno, don't really care. But, Donald Trump will never be impeached.

I will be glad to wager any amount you'd like.

He's not going to be indicted. He's not going to be impeached. He's certainly not going to jail. The government structure we have in place protects itself. It may give the appearance of being at-odds to the masses, but that's more like watching a sporting match of some kind. The system knows how to maintain self-preservation.

Liberals may show up for mid-terms. I dunno, don't really care. But, Donald Trump will never be impeached.

Would you have said the same about Nixon or Clinton? Spying on your political opponents in a hotel room, or getting a blowjob in the oval office (and lying about it) is far less damning than colluding with a foreign state (especially Russia).

I think you already know that I completely agree with your point about how the plutocrats and political class insulate themselves. But Trump is a threat. He's getting people riled up, which is not something the elites you speak of like. They like calm, placated workers that are convinced they can't ask for higher wages because it'll bankrupt the company. Because... "economics"

Would you have said the same about Nixon or Clinton? Spying on your political opponents in a hotel room, or getting a blowjob in the oval office (and lying about it) is far less damning than colluding with a foreign state (especially Russia).

I think you already know that I completely agree with your point about how the plutocrats and political class insulate themselves. But Trump is a threat. He's getting people riled up, which is not something the elites you speak of like. They like calm, placated workers that are convinced they can't ask for higher wages because it'll bankrupt the company. Because... "economics"
I don't care WHAT they do, they're protected.

If you want to use the position that Trump is not what the elites like or want, I'm still not convinced. The institutions that actually own and run this place don't take chances. To me, Trump fits their mold better than most. He's like that Aryan model that the Nazis used to exemplify their "Master Race." I'm not saying Trump is a Nazi. I'm saying he is the epitome of the "elites" who own and run things. The biggest problem Trump has is he cannot keep his immature mouth shut. His twitter feed addiction is his worst enemy. So... I will concede that one caveat. His ego and mouth might hang him on some level. But, I still don't believe it means impeachment or anything major. He's such a spoiled whore. He has to add stupid, juvenile commentary to what he does in the White House.

Truth is; he already got what he really wanted. He wanted to win the election. He did it! I think all he ever wanted to do was win the election.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
We're going to have to agree to disagree on the principle of our perspectives just being completely opposite one another. Sometimes, I honestly think you and a few others would criticize a fish for swimming.

Now, thats bullshit. It isn't a matter of perspective, it's a matter of fact. You said he's going after the political establishment in DC. Well the political establishment is made up of lobbyists. Apparently his strategy for "opposing" them is to put more of them in positions of power than any president in the history of this country.

Pull your head out of your ass. You can't spin a president hiring more lobbyists into "taking on the establishment." At least not without being made fun of extensively.

If anyone doubts the theory of evolution by natural selection, or that we share 99.9% of our genetic material with chimps, just take one long look at how Trump supporters behave. Get one drunk on the beach and they'll even start beating their chests.

Now, thats bullshit. It isn't a matter of perspective, it's a matter of fact. You said he's going after the political establishment in DC. Well the political establishment is made up of lobbyists. Apparently his strategy for "opposing" them is to put more of them in positions of power than any president in the history of this country.

Pull your head out of your ass. You can't spin a president hiring more lobbyists into "taking on the establishment." At least not without being made fun of extensively.

If anyone doubts the theory of evolution by natural selection, or that we share 99.9% of our genetic material with chimps, just take one long look at how Trump supporters behave. Get one drunk on the beach and they'll even start beating their chests.

Trump supports? oops

Oops like that typo? Yeah... I'm not tribalistic about my politics. I can give you a ten page tirade on the regressive "left" that actually isn't liberal or progressive at all. The difference between you and I is that you will never criticize Trump or anyone else you think is "on your team."

I'm glad that you learned how to use the search function on youtube btw. Congrats. Should I start digging up some Alex Jones? That guy has more support amongst the Trump base than pretty much anyone else in the entire media.

Trump even added fu#$ing Info Wars to the White House press core. There is no parallel for this kind of stupid.

giphy.gif

Not without getting laughed at. We still have social norms to work with. If somebody says something stupid, then just laugh at them until they catch on. lol
I don't think laughing, or criticizing, or anything else matters. If they can justify it, then the consequences are irrelevant.

I've even seen Trump supporters, recently, content to settle with just enjoying what they perceive as their political opposition's dislike. I see that on both 'sides." Even they know that their "side" is full of shit and the outcome will not bode well for them, personally. But, like when UNC fans take joy in Kentucky losing, or dook losing, the same occurs for political variables. "I know this sucks, but at least they look miserable. I can take comfort in that." Whatever works, I guess.

Oops like that typo? Yeah... I'm not tribalistic about my politics. I can give you a ten page tirade on the regressive "left" that actually isn't liberal or progressive at all. The difference between you and I is that you will never criticize Trump or anyone else you think is "on your team."

I'm glad that you learned how to use the search function on youtube btw. Congrats. Should I start digging up some Alex Jones? That guy has more support amongst the Trump base than pretty much anyone else in the entire media.

Trump even added fu#$ing Info Wars to the White House press core. There is no parallel for this kind of stupid.
Have at it if you must. I don't follow or listen to the guy. Nor do I listen to Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity etc. Trump will sit down for an interview with ABC, NBC and about anyone else unlike the Liberal politicians who only venture into friendly territory.

I've even seen Trump supporters, recently, content to settle with just enjoying what they perceive as their political opposition's dislike. I see that on both 'sides." Even they know that their "side" is full of shit and the outcome will not bode well for them, personally. But, like when UNC fans take joy in Kentucky losing, or dook losing, the same occurs for political variables. "I know this sucks, but at least they look miserable. I can take comfort in that." Whatever works, I guess.

I won't lie...I have enjoyed that. But I'm a realist. Yeah, Trump is an idiot and has done a ton of shit that's pretty embarrassing and maybe even crooked. But again, I feel good about my choice back in November. The country was going rapidly in a direction I didn't like. Trump's Presidency has ended that. Now, we might be going in another direction that could end badly but here's to hoping it will take some time for it to happen. But illegal immigration is down. That's a big deal to me. All Trumps bluster in this area has been somewhat effective. The message has been sent that we're not just going to overlook people sneaking into the country. I'm pleased with that.

I won't lie...I have enjoyed that. But I'm a realist. Yeah, Trump is an idiot and has done a ton of shit that's pretty embarrassing and maybe even crooked. But again, I feel good about my choice back in November. The country was going rapidly in a direction I didn't like. Trump's Presidency has ended that. Now, we might be going in another direction that could end badly but here's to hoping it will take some time for it to happen. But illegal immigration is down. That's a big deal to me. All Trumps bluster in this area has been somewhat effective. The message has been sent that we're not just going to overlook people sneaking into the country. I'm pleased with that.
Like=Immigration points

@tarheel0910 You don't see the humor in the fact that Boy probably has a Bernie poster hanging in his room?
I put him on ignore. Got tired of the endless string of personal attacks. Judging by some of these posts, I'm guessing nothing has changed. I might have to take him off of ignore just to see his response to this post though.

I put him on ignore. Got tired of the endless string of personal attacks. Judging by some of these posts, I'm guessing nothing has changed. I might have to take him off of ignore just to see his response to this post though.
You are correct. He just called me a Nazi lol. I may have to do the same as you with him.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Probably shouldn't quote a personal attack then act like you have an issue with them. I've been subjected to more ad hominem attacks here than any other poster and it probably isn't even close. I assumed those were the rules we were playing by. I'm not going to take shit and then not dish it back out.

No wasn't a crack, I figured you really are a Bernie fan.

I am a Bernie supporter. Proud of it. When you try to make that a subject for humor it obviously becomes a crack. Which is fine. But don't try to act like that wasn't what you were doing whenever I return fire. Now I don't even want to insult you anymore because I just feel sorry for you. Oh well... It was fun while it lasted.

I am a Bernie supporter. Proud of it. When you try to make that a subject for humor it obviously becomes a crack. Which is fine. But don't try to act like that wasn't what you were doing whenever I return fire. Now I don't even want to insult you anymore because I just feel sorry for you. Oh well... It was fun while it lasted.
Just go get some free stuff.

But again, I feel good about my choice back in November. The country was going rapidly in a direction I didn't like. Trump's Presidency has ended that.

All true. The best part is that his opposition still hasn't even realized this. They seem convinced that it must have been the Russians that turned the election. Or Comey's comments in regards to Hillary. Or an overwhelming population of racists and bigots in the USA. Or aliens. Or anything other than people who aren't in a minority group feeling like they're being kicked to the curb in favor of making sure nobody's feelings get hurt.

They lost an unlosable election. And they're refusing to learn from it. History may repeat itself if they continue to be so hardheaded "progressive".

Reactions: nctransplant
They lost an unlosable election. And they're refusing to learn from it. History may repeat itself if they continue to be so hardheaded "progressive".

I'm all for them showing themselves like this. Colors have never been truer, and four years of this will hopefully be enough for those closer to the center to realize the disaster they are flirting with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT