ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

I think so many feel like they are being played, like lab rats being poked, by the mask medical experts / intelligentsia.

First from people like Fauci/ Birx / WHO / CDC: "masks don't work. Don't wear them". Then it shifted to "masks work. Always wear them." Then admission by any true scientist that most masks or face coverings absolutely can't stop the small microns from passing through the mask. All the masks really can stop is if someone has liquid spit or saliva leaving your mouth or nose.

And then, its been proven to be only transmittable by adult humans with symptoms. Not spreadable by kids or by asymptomatic adults.

Now - we're back to "wear two masks or maybe three - we'll update you on the correct number, based on how we feel week to week. Science! "

Was it Fauci or CDC or WHO who told Biden to say recently "nothing we do can stop the trajectory of the virus". Viruses gonna virus - which is the most accurate, scientific thing these "experts" have said yet.

They see these same experts blatantly and openly defy their own rules and mandates on mask wearing and lockdowns - which is so hypocritical - and again leads to people thinking they are owned sheep, with rules applying to them, but not to their master overlords.

I think people would be more willing to wear the masks if they knew there was a defined end in sight. Once this passes, then we can go back to mask free. Now the "experts" are saying, "nope. Continue to wear masks indefinitely - even if you've had COVID, recovered, and built up immunity. Even if you've had two doses of the vaccine. Enjoy - masks now, masks FOREVER MFERS!!!!" WTF?!

This control game, not based in science, but seemingly to many- is based in control, dehumanization, submission of animals, sheep - in their experiment - is what makes people defiant I think.

Obviously the virus is real. Nothing in any of the data in any state showing when mask mandates have gone in place - with even 95+% mask wearing compliance, have made a difference. In our state of MN, we have super high mask wearing compliance. The COVID cases spiked upward well after mandates were in place. Closely following nationwide second outbreak pattern, with no variation due to high mask wearing. Wearing the masks did nothing to mitigate, or reduce the spike, compared to more open, mask free states. MN over-tested in the state, and used a way too high cycle count in testing, leading to extremely high false positives, but recently that has been rectified - a story for a different day.

Is the 90% capacity higher than normal? I've seen data and stories saying hospitals need to be at 85-95% of capacity to make money. I don't think the 90% of capacity is such a problem. Nationwide, hospitalizations and deaths from (not "with") COVID have plummeted.

Again - I think you'd see mask wearing by the ones who don't wear them - if there were some clearer proof/ statistical evidence that they work and make a difference in reducing serious cases (there isn't) - and if the authorities could give a defined measure - if reached - where we could go back to normal, mask free (they won't).

FYI - by basically every measure, the more populous, older inhabitants in open FL / DeSantis have fared better then locked down, masked up, fkd up NY under Cuomo's regime.
Too long, I only got as far as this part, which you have wrong:
"And then, its been proven to be only transmittable by adult humans with symptoms. Not spreadable by kids or by asymptomatic adults."

Asymptomatic people do spread it, kids spread it too.

A few things
- Science evolves, the learning is fast in some ways (vaccine creation) and slow in others. Understanding of this virus is still changing.

They are just now confirming that viral load, regardless of symptoms, is a key in spreading. This seems obvious, but it is a critical thing to know since they can target treatments at viral load (rather than purely severity of symptoms, for example) to thwart spread.

I think it is fine to be skeptical, but not obtuse. Pandemics suck, illness (hospitalization-wise) is going to happen, so economic impact is going to happen, so you shouldn't downplay them from the outset.

- The messaging from CDC, WHO, etc has been pretty shitty during all this. But the CDC was handicapped by politics (orange florida man).

- The virus was not taken seriously enough from the beginning by our federal gov. There should've been centralized, organized studying of the virus, rather than leaving everything up to states, industry and universities alone without coordination. We'd have better tests and tools by now if we'd done that, rather than 450,000 dead with flooded hospitals.

That was interesting. Did you notice how the vapors flow from his mouth when he had nothing on his face, and then how the vapors are minimized when ANYTHING was on his face? Now, you could argue the overall effectiveness of the masks. But, it's pretty obvious that the vapors are less abundant with masks on the face. And, those are escaping vapors. If you are also wearing a mask, how much of what he exhaled are you inhaling from him? If neither of you have masks, it's a helluva lot more, and more direct. So, you see? Masks DO WORK! They're not foolproof and perfect, but it slows the spread.

That was interesting. Did you notice how the vapors flow from his mouth when he had nothing on his face, and then how the vapors are minimized when ANYTHING was on his face? Now, you could argue the overall effectiveness of the masks. But, it's pretty obvious that the vapors are less abundant with masks on the face. And, those are escaping vapors. If you are also wearing a mask, how much of what he exhaled are you inhaling from him? If neither of you have masks, it's a helluva lot more, and more direct. So, you see? Masks DO WORK! They're not foolproof and perfect, but it slows the spread.

Then I think you should wear one if you want to wear one. No one is stopping you.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
This is an interesting take on the Coronavirus pandemic by 2 accomplished authors. It questions the testing and data used to justify our current countermeasures among other things. It’s good to read information on both sides of the equation. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between.

This is an interesting take on the Coronavirus pandemic by 2 accomplished authors. It questions the testing and data used to justify our current countermeasures among other things. It’s good to read information on both sides of the equation. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between.
You linked a 160 page book from June 2020, is there a summary somewhere?

The testing definitely sucks, the tests have sensitivity issues, and the ability for governments to roll-out reliable testing for "community surveillance" as well as for patient/clinical diagnosis has sucked.

What do they say about countermeasures which was interesting?

You linked a 160 page book from June 2020, is there a summary somewhere?

The testing definitely sucks, the tests have sensitivity issues, and the ability for governments to roll-out reliable testing for "community surveillance" as well as for patient/clinical diagnosis has sucked.

What do they say about countermeasures which was interesting?
I decided to google that book and the authors.
A few things jumped out that kinda discredit them:
- comparisons to flu. wtf.

- claiming Sweden's response was better. Sweden's deaths per capita is way higher than nordic neighbors and their economy has sucked as badly as everybody else's.

- Claims that governments were over-counting deaths. Nuff said (see "excess mortality" across the globe).

- stuff about suicide potential. Economic impacts from the pandemic took place prior to restaurants being shut-down or "lockdowns". Based on hospitalizations, it is obvious that covid19 makes people sick, and stuff like this is going to hinder the economy whether you have partial-capacity restaurants and mask mandates or not. And so far, in many countries, suicide hasn't jumped from 2019 in the general population.

Holy shit! Scientific community (majority) agrees outdoors spread is incredibly rare, so how can a body of people at a University come to this conclusion? Surely that is some type of typo, or accident.

Last edited:
^So apparently that was just for a particular dorm which had a ton of positives and they're basically wanting kids to not leave their dorm rooms, to keep them out of elevators, hallways, stairways, etc. So at least this isn't something campus-wide

so you saw LESS vapors with the mask than without? were you only focused on his mouth ... did you see the large amount of vapors escaping from the sides and below his eyes? i dont see any difference in the AMOUNT of vapors only the direction that they went ... meaning you're screwed if you're standing beside someone as opposed to directly in front of them. which makes the morons wearing a mask in their car (or on a bus, etc) look like an even bigger moron - you're basically breathing DIRECTLY onto the person beside you.

Holy shit! Scientific community (majority) agrees outdoors spread is incredibly rare, so how can a body of people at a University come to this conclusion? Surely that is some type of typo, or accident.

it's Berkeley - they havent been "people" in nearly 60 years. lets link a study done by psych ward patients next!!

libtards trust science when it benefits them to trust science and/or when the government tells them to trust science. it's a new class of Americans called "sheeple."
Aside for the letters, what's the difference between trusting science and trusting a scientist? What do you think people mean when referring to "trust science" vs "trust this scientist"?

The people who don’t understand that masks catch water particles that carry smaller particles like COVID are going after Biden for his intelligence.

I suppose life would be terribly boring without irony

You're just a sheep, dude.

With a big ole pair of sheep balls

9797461.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: carolinablue34
The people who don’t understand that masks catch water particles that carry smaller particles like COVID are going after Biden for his intelligence.

I suppose life would be terribly boring without irony

So wouldnt the mask catch those smaller particles and keep them from entering someone wearing the mask?

Reactions: bleeduncblue
So wouldnt the mask catch those smaller particles and keep them from entering someone wearing the mask?

Then you would have particles all over the outside of your mask to take home. And on your face, your clothes, or anywhere else. The idea is for everyone to wear a mask to catch the particles on the way out so that less of them get spread around in the first place. As much as I would like to be nice, this has been explained 50 times on this board so anybody who doesn't understand it at this point is a f*cking moron.

Then you would have particles all over the outside of your mask to take home. And on your face, your clothes, or anywhere else. The idea is for everyone to wear a mask to catch the particles on the way out so that less of them get spread around in the first place. As much as I would like to be nice, this has been explained 50 times on this board so anybody who doesn't understand it at this point is a f*cking moron.

Ok.. so since you have the answers help with two others. Why does the basketball team sit 6 feet apart after exchanging sweat on the court? Why do you have to wear the mask into and out of the restaurant but at the table is safe?

Next time you have surgery, tell the doctor he's a sheep for wearing his mask during the operation!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT