ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

What the f*ck do either of those examples have to do with the effectiveness of masks? But fine, I’ll bite.

Its really not that hard. The players stay spread out on the bench for optics. Managing those optics helps keep things like basketball going. It’s a token gesture that indicates that they acknowledge the pandemic. And it has virtually no impact on the game so f*ck it.

The combination of social distancing and masks is an effective combo. When you walk to your table you pass other people’s tables. Once you’re seated, there are usually not other tables within 6-8 feet. Unless you go to some redneck shithole where they think COVID is a liberal plot to take control of the populace by making them wear masks.
I know you think you're demonstrating superior common sense here, but taking your explanation into account...wouldn't the reverse be true? What is allowing the players of a sport to swap bodily fluids for going on forty minutes say about dedication to derailing the spread of a virus? I mean, you know, the optics of it.

a few counties in NC (libtard led Durham being one of them) find themselves in a pickle in regards to sending the kids back to school this spring. it's looking like Governor Pooper is (thankfully) going to pass the bill requiring all public schools to open back up and offer both Plan A and Plan C ... but a few districts like Durham had already stated that they're not going back in person this year.

funny how the same people who have trusted the government throughout the plandemic to tell them what is safe/not safe are now fighting mad and calling the government stupid for sending the kids back. hypocrite much???

a few counties in NC (libtard led Durham being one of them) find themselves in a pickle in regards to sending the kids back to school this spring. it's looking like Governor Pooper is (thankfully) going to pass the bill requiring all public schools to open back up and offer both Plan A and Plan C ... but a few districts like Durham had already stated that they're not going back in person this year.

funny how the same people who have trusted the government throughout the plandemic to tell them what is safe/not safe are now fighting mad and calling the government stupid for sending the kids back. hypocrite much???
Governor Pooper? Ohhhhh... pooper... replacing Cooper! Cooper-pooper! Ha-ha!

That is really funny.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

"trusted the government throughout..." - How many people do you think were trusting Trump, governors and CDC in 2020?

Reactions: dadika13
Sounds like good news. April seems really optimistic, but it looks like we're closer to the end than the beginning.

Vaccines were initially super difficult to get up here but in the last 2 weeks or so they've really opened up. All of my friend's parents are vaccinated. I have my second dose on Thursday. I think March is the month where they need to push to get anyone who wants a vaccine able to get one.

With April-May warmer weather, vaccines being readily available, and herd immunity I think this summer should start to resemble something normal.

Vaccines were initially super difficult to get up here but in the last 2 weeks or so they've really opened up. All of my friend's parents are vaccinated. I have my second dose on Thursday. I think March is the month where they need to push to get anyone who wants a vaccine able to get one.

With April-May warmer weather, vaccines being readily available, and herd immunity I think this summer should start to resemble something normal.
That would be nice, but I think it won't start to look and feel like normal until closer to the end of the year (assuming the numbers in that article are accurate). The government, especially in the blue states, will respond slowly and won't just lift restrictions fast.

Death rates are dropping even faster than case positivity and positive-case counts. The disease didn't suddenly become less severe, so one explanation is that hospitals aren't overloaded and thus patients are getting better care.

Death rates are dropping even faster than case positivity and positive-case counts. The disease didn't suddenly become less severe, so one explanation is that hospitals aren't overloaded and thus patients are getting better care.
I thought I heard that the new variants are more easily transmittable but also less severe for those that catch it - which, if true, would be another explanation for this.

I thought I heard that the new variants are more easily transmittable but also less severe for those that catch it - which, if true, would be another explanation for this.
Good point about variants. They were saying the variant from Britain was a little more severe though.

Says nursing homes are mostly vaccinated, and patients in hospitals are getting better care:

Did George Conway save this tweet from Trump so he could hope to use it one day or was he just looking through Trump tweets three days ago and just happened to run across it?

Last edited:
Did George Conway save this tweet from Trump so he could hope to use it one day or was he just looking through Trump tweets three days ago and just happened to run across it?

TDS effects so many in this country.

Hey George:
giphy.gif

Reactions: uncfootball-
After learning that Trump told Bob Woodward in early Feb that the disease was severe, serious and airborne, Conway probably saved it off as a reminder of how Trump intentionally downplayed the matter (partly cuz Trump wanted to keep the stock market more healthy than the US population).

After learning that Trump told Bob Woodward in early Feb that the disease was severe, serious and airborne, Conway probably saved it off as a reminder of how Trump intentionally downplayed the matter (partly cuz Trump wanted to keep the stock market more healthy than the US population).

So your vote is he saved it and hoped he could use it one day to get attention.

Well I’ll just say this. If Florida man had just stuck to a message of social distancing and mask wearing and led by example at the White House and rallies, in other words simply go along with what his own emergency response team and the consensus of scientists and experts around the globe was telling him, he would still be president.

Well I’ll just say this. If Florida man had just stuck to a message of social distancing and mask wearing and led by example at the White House and rallies, in other words simply go along with what his own emergency response team and the consensus of scientists and experts around the globe was telling him, he would still be president.
Where's the fun in that? it was necessary to maintain a division and to get more attention to himself. And, if he had done something like that, he would have been somebody else. Trump could have been a doctor you know.

Where's the fun in that? it was necessary to maintain a division and to get more attention to himself. And, if he had done something like that, he would have been somebody else. Trump could have been a doctor you know.

Actually, that wasn't his thinking. His thinking was simply that he knew his supporters - MAGA - weren't on board with the select science that was being reported and the subsequent lockdowns that put many of them out of work. And he had promised to speak for them. So he did. But it's alright, you can still disagree with his thinking and hate him if you want.

Reactions: uncfootball-
NEWSFLASH: Trump is no longer President. I repeat, Donald Trump is no longer President of the U.S. He can't hurt you anymore.

Here's your blanky and your boo-boo bear, please stop crying.

LOL, I thought TDS was only a temporary affliction.

NEWSFLASH: Trump is no longer President. I repeat, Donald Trump is no longer President of the U.S. He can't hurt you anymore.

We're referring to a year ago when Covid-19 was just beginning and Trump was president. He was aware of the seriousness of the virus and chose to keep quiet, and even downplay the severity. It cost him reelection.

We're referring to a year ago when Covid-19 was just beginning and Trump was president. He was aware of the seriousness of the virus and chose to keep quiet, and even downplay the severity. It cost him reelection.

that's the point, genius. It was a year ago and you still have it on the brain and you still can't stop talking about him. You have been permanently deranged by Donald Trump. You are easily the most susceptible person I have ever encountered.

Trump and Trumpism is part trainwreck, part comedy of errors, part fascinating and part sad. You can't look away. The shock and entertainment value isn't going away soon. Get used to it and next time don't elect a clown who wants to be a mob-boss dictator.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT