ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

going to PNC Arena pfor my second Pfizer tomorrow because.....

...wait for it...

....nothing could be wiser, than to get my second Pfizer in the... mo-o-or-ning.

Reactions: Grayhead
the 2nd moderna has been no joke for me...still feeling the soreness everywhere, mild headache, and fog.

literally feels like i was in a skiing accident.

the 2nd moderna has been no joke for me...still feeling the soreness everywhere, mild headache, and fog.

literally feels like i was in a skiing accident.
I talked to an old friend yesterday who went the Moderna route and he said pretty much the same thing, except he emphasized chills. He said the chills were crazy bad. My first Pfizer shot had no noticeable effect at all. Makes me wonder in my layman's mind if the Moderna vaccine might be more effective. I know what the trials say about the efficacy, but to me a vaccine that stimulates a strong response has to be more effective, since that's what its purpose is.

Anyway remember what they say...what doesn't kill you just makes you feel like shit.

I talked to an old friend yesterday who went the Moderna route and he said pretty much the same thing, except he emphasized chills. He said the chills were crazy bad. My first Pfizer shot had no noticeable effect at all. Makes me wonder in my layman's mind if the Moderna vaccine might be more effective. I know what the trials say about the efficacy, but to me a vaccine that stimulates a strong response has to be more effective, since that's what its purpose is.

Anyway remember what they say...what doesn't kill you just makes you feel like shit.
God will never give you more than you can handle

but it’s amazing what you can handle

yep, same info i’ve been hearing.

i know three people my age who had pfizer and just had a sore injection site.

yep, same info i’ve been hearing.

i know three people my age who had pfizer and just had a sore injection site.
I maybe spoke too soon. Got my second Pfizer around ten this morning, starting to feel like crap now (5:00). Stiff, sore neck, just run down feeling. Hot. Like I want to go home and turn the A/C down to 55.

Oh well. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess.

My moderna was 10:30a yesterday, this AM I felt a slight fog, tiny head-ache and a few lower back aches. Not too distracting or limiting though. But I slept like shit since i'm a roller and my arm hurts every time it moves. I'm not reaching for tylenol, but a nap would be nice.

I maybe spoke too soon. Got my second Pfizer around ten this morning, starting to feel like crap now (5:00). Stiff, sore neck, just run down feeling. Hot. Like I want to go home and turn the A/C down to 55.

Oh well. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess.
rest up...drink water

Ted Nugent probably isn't as skeptical of Covid 19 as he was a few weeks ago.

Reactions: blazers
Up here just opened up for everyone 16 and older eligible for the vaccine. I'm happy that we're at the stage where if you die from Covid it's 100% on you for being an idiot.

Reactions: carolinablue34
You mean everyone 16 and over is an idiot.
Well, yeah, just in general I'd say that's true for 95% of the population.

But now, we can have concrete proof that they are an idiot if they came up with some BS excuse for not getting the vaccine (microchips, big bad pharma industry is out to poison all of us, blood clots in 6 out of 6 million people which is actually below the average number of blood clots found in humans just simply for being alive, etc.). Obviously that small population with legit medical conditions where their doctor says they cannot get the vaccine do not apply, but for everyone else, yeah if you get CV and die because you turned down a vaccine then you're an idiot.

But now, we can have concrete proof that they are an idiot if they came up with some BS excuse for not getting the vaccine (microchips, big bad pharma industry is out to poison all of us, blood clots in 6 out of 6 million people which is actually below the average number of blood clots found in humans just simply for being alive, etc.). Obviously that small population with legit medical conditions where their doctor says they cannot get the vaccine do not apply, but for everyone else, yeah if you get CV and die because you turned down a vaccine then you're an idiot.
I don't really agree with that. Obviously if you don't get it because of some conspiracy theory then that's kind of dumb, but I think worrying about it being rushed out the door without normal testing is a legit concern.

I don't really agree with that. Obviously if you don't get it because of some conspiracy theory then that's kind of dumb, but I think worrying about it being rushed out the door without normal testing is a legit concern.
I don't, at all.

Aside from some fringe doctors, 99% of the medical community feels this vaccine is completely safe and even more effective than they originally imagined. Talk to most pharmacists who are familiar with how the clinical trials are conducted with vaccines and they will tell you no corners were cut.

Also, we're past the point of "I'm afraid on the reaction to a large amount of people." We've been vaccinating people for 6 months now and there are like 50 issues out of 50 million people. That's lower than any vaccine and much lower than the vaccine you had to get to go away to college. If you study anything about vaccines, you'll also find that reactions after 6 months just don't happen. So what's the fear?

Data shows it's extremely safe...a HELL of a lot safer than the data on if you get CV. Not sure what the debate is besides people being stubborn and reading shit from fringe people/sources.

I don't, at all.

Aside from some fringe doctors, 99% of the medical community feels this vaccine is completely safe and even more effective than they originally imagined. Talk to most pharmacists who are familiar with how the clinical trials are conducted with vaccines and they will tell you no corners were cut.

Also, we're past the point of "I'm afraid on the reaction to a large amount of people." We've been vaccinating people for 6 months now and there are like 50 issues out of 50 million people. That's lower than any vaccine and much lower than the vaccine you had to get to go away to college. If you study anything about vaccines, you'll also find that reactions after 6 months just don't happen. So what's the fear?

Data shows it's extremely safe...a HELL of a lot safer than the data on if you get CV. Not sure what the debate is besides people being stubborn and reading shit from fringe people/sources.
I agree that everything we know says it's safe. The issue is the amount of data. We normally have years worth of data, not a few months. If just a few months is ok, then why does the government normally require more for other vaccines?

Reactions: gunslingerdick

He survived cat scratch fever, he can handle the chyna virus.

He survived cat scratch fever, he can handle the chyna virus.
tenor.gif

I agree that everything we know says it's safe. The issue is the amount of data. We normally have years worth of data, not a few months. If just a few months is ok, then why does the government normally require more for other vaccines?
I understand that concern and that's definitely a real question...from what I've read/heard, it's a few reasons:

- It's not necessarily the data portion that slows up a vaccine being available, it's research, development, FDA priority list, manufacturing...all before it reaches even phase 1 of a clinical trial.
- Because of that, $10 billion in federal funds were given to pharma companies to develop and mobilize the vaccine to cut out most of those issues and they got the FDA to put this to the top of their list for the emergency authorization review.
- Pharma companies went all hands on deck. Normally you've got like 5% of the team working on one vaccine. My friend who works at J&J said their R&D team worked on nothing else for the past year.
- It took only 4 days from approval to first vaccine. That's unhead of. It's usually like 2 years because they have to spend billions in manufacturing it but they actually manufactured it in hopes that it would be approved. Cart before the horse and took a HUGE gamble that it wouldn't be wasted.

To me, the facts in favor of this vaccine FAR outweigh any concerns when you look at it this way.

Wait wait wait...did Ted Nugent really think he was immune to Covid-19 because he didn't catch the first 18 instances of the virus? No one told him the 19 is for the year it was named? Back to the discussion on idiots...

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Wait wait wait...did Ted Nugent really think he was immune to Covid-19 because he didn't catch the first 18 instances of the virus? No one told him the 19 is for the year it was named? Back to the discussion on idiots...
he thought cat scratch fever would provide immunity.

@tarheel0910

He wanted to know why there were no lockdowns for Covid 1-18.

• Haha
Reactions: dadika13
My moderna was 10:30a yesterday, this AM I felt a slight fog, tiny head-ache and a few lower back aches. Not too distracting or limiting though. But I slept like shit since i'm a roller and my arm hurts every time it moves. I'm not reaching for tylenol, but a nap would be nice.
is it possible that the slight fog has been there all along? Har har.
he thought cat scratch fever would provide immunity.
I had cat scratch fever once, and I've never been anywhere near Ted Nugent. Go figure.

I understand why masks are necessary for crowded spaces, stores, large gatherings, etc. But to mandate them outside where you're least likely to get it is stupid. My own state still has that mandate though not everyone follows it.

Starting this Sunday, two weeks after my first shot, I'm not wearing it outside anymore. There's this stupid unsaid pressure to pull it up when you walk by someone which I hate. Lol no one's getting covid when you walk by someone for half a second.

What if you don't get the vaccine and don't die of COVID? Are those people smart? And what about those that get the vaccine and die of something else? Smart or idiot? Just curious.

Do you live to be a pure contrarian? lol

I was just wanting to know how @dadika13 views people that don't subscribe to the same standards he does.

For the record, there's a better chance that Carolina fires Hubert and hires Jeff Capel to coach than there is of me getting the vaccine. And if I don't end up dying from COVID, then I guess I played my cards right.

I was just wanting to know how @dadika13 views people that don't subscribe to the same standards he does.

For the record, there's a better chance that Carolina fires Hubert and hires Jeff Capel to coach than there is of me getting the vaccine. And if I don't end up dying from COVID, then I guess I played my cards right.
You're so hardcore.

There, you got what you're looking for with every poast you make on OOTB.

Lol can't say I'm surprised. You fit well into that category of Republican men refusing to get the shot for no justifiable reason at all other than to be a pain in the ass/do the opposite of Democrats and Independents.

Lol can't say I'm surprised. You fit well into that category of Republican men refusing to get the shot for no justifiable reason at all other than to be a pain in the ass/do the opposite of Democrats and Independents.

Lol How are other people’s choices a “pain in the ass” to you or anyone else?

You fit well into that category of not minding your own affairs and worrying about other people’s choices.

Reactions: toophly1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT