ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

nope. That's not it. If you're on Twitter, check out a post from PoliMath (@politicalmath) today. Compares states of HI and TX. HI is for all intents and purposes fully vaccinated. 99.9% of 65+ years old vaxxed. Only 13% of anyone over 12 years old unvaxxed.

TX has 31% of those over age 12 unvaxxed.

The infection rate charts look nearly identical for TX and HI over time including up through end of August 2021.

This is not to say people should not get vaxxed, the thread states clearly that getting vaxxed does help prevent / reduce hospitalizations, severity of symptoms, deaths....

but the vaccinations haven't really impacted infections, cases, spread.

Which just supports what you and others have said, that getting vaxxed is a good idea to prevent getting really sick, especially for those who are high risk. But the US / other countries are going to need to recalibrate. Not think that "if we just got 100% vaxx rate (or even 90% vaxx rate - both are not realistic expectations) -we'd have no more infections, cases, hospitalizations, deaths." That has statistically proven to be untrue.

The best path IMO is to encourage vaccinations and to educate society on how to live with the existence of the virus, get on with living life.... not act like its a crippling plague, where we can't move on with normal life until it is eradicated. It never will be, just like the common cold or the flu.

Like you said, it should be treated much like the flu going forward, IMO.

There's another factor I think some people miss. On the whole this country is really unhealthy. The amount of overweight and morbidly obese fat asses, chain smokers, junkies, etc. are numerous and plenty of them didn't get the shot in places like Alabama or Mississippi.

Meanwhile, the town I currently reside in MA is about 80% vaccinated with fewer than 50-100 cases a day and they just instituted another indoor mask mandate. How the hell does that make sense?

It's ironic really. The regions of this country that need the vaccine the most won't get it and have no restrictions, the most vaccinated areas are freaking out again over the delta variant. I sometimes wonder if I'm living in the goddamn Twilight Zone.

Last edited:
There's another factor I think some people miss. On the whole this country is really unhealthy. The amount of overweight and morbidly obese fat asses, chain smokers, junkies, etc. are numerous and plenty of them didn't get the shot in places like Alabama or Mississippi.

Meanwhile, the town I live reside in MA is about 80% vaccinated with fewer than 50-100 cases a day and they just instituted another indoor mask mandate. How the hell does that make sense?

It's ironic really. The regions of this country that need the vaccine the most won't get it and have no restrictions, the most vaccinated areas are freaking out again over the delta variant. I sometimes wonder if I'm living in the goddamn Twilight Zone.
Vermont is a prime example of how to do it.

And, I agree... this country is loaded with very unhealthy people.

There's another factor I think some people miss. On the whole this country is really unhealthy. The amount of overweight and morbidly obese fat asses, chain smokers, junkies, etc.

38091f20-265b-4cf4-9d1b-2d54f00baf02_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: uncboy10

Meanwhile, the town I live reside in MA is about 80% vaccinated with fewer than 50-100 cases a day and they just instituted another indoor mask mandate. How the hell does that make sense?

You are very right about this. Whether it is the 20 pounds on average each person has put on since the pandemic - or a graphic I saw today I couldn’t believe. It showed the obesity rate by state in 1980 then a same obesity by state chart in 2020.
How depressing! Every state was under 15% in 1980. Every state was over 25% in 2020, with many states well over 35%

Obese was defined as BMI of 30 or higher

No ones asking you to work security at maga rallies

I don't even get what I assume is your attempt at humor. I don't plan on working security at any rallies.

What I'm speaking to is that several people have acknowledged that a large percentage of Americans are obese and unhealthy. And many are screaming about getting the vaccine to "protect others" and "don't be selfish" and "social responsibility" and other nonsense. If fat people aren't worried about taking care of themselves, why should I shoulder that burden? Why would I feel compelled to get a vaccine - which I don't want - for someone else's benefit when many of those someone elses don't give a shit about their own health until it's COVID time?

I don't even get what I assume is your attempt at humor. I don't plan on working security at any rallies.

What I'm speaking to is that several people have acknowledged that a large percentage of Americans are obese and unhealthy. And many are screaming about getting the vaccine to "protect others" and "don't be selfish" and "social responsibility" and other nonsense. If fat people aren't worried about taking care of themselves, why should I shoulder that burden? Why would I feel compelled to get a vaccine - which I don't want - for someone else's benefit when many of those someone elses don't give a shit about their own health until it's COVID time?
It’s a joke man. And don’t worry, when it comes to exerting the least bit of effort out of compassion or consideration for your fellow man no one expects anything from you I can assure you. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: carolinablue34
It’s a joke man. And don’t worry, when it comes to exerting the least bit of effort out of compassion or consideration for your fellow man no one expects anything from you I can assure you. Lol
you didn't need to point out to him that it was intended as a joke. He understood your joke for what it was intended to be, a deflection from his very valid point. As to your continued deflection above, how is it that you insist on trying to make others feel more concerned for their fellow man than their fellow man feels for himself? Why isn't it enough that one cares for himself and places no burden on others? Or is it just that you can't abide someone not agreeing with you?

I happen to think that this country was better off, and a generally fairer place, before we started making everyone more and more responsible for everyone else individually. I understand that vaccination is sort of a mixed bag of freedom and responsibility and maybe concern for yada yada, but his point is more valid than your derision.

you didn't need to point out to him that it was intended as a joke. He understood your joke for what it was intended to be, a deflection from his very valid point. As to your continued deflection above, how is it that you insist on trying to make others feel more concerned for their fellow man than their fellow man feels for himself? Why isn't it enough that one cares for himself and places no burden on others? Or is it just that you can't abide someone not agreeing with you?

I happen to think that this country was better off, and a generally fairer place, before we started making everyone more and more responsible for everyone else individually. I understand that vaccination is sort of a mixed bag of freedom and responsibility and maybe concern for yada yada, but his point is more valid than your derision.
He constantly points out regarding covid that he doesn’t care. My derision is only acknowledging what he repeatedly says.

but I take issue with it being a “valid point”. Refuting public health mandates on the premise that people don’t deserve the protection if they’re unhealthy is ridiculous. I get what he and you are saying, why help those who won’t help themselves, but when it comes to public health you can’t just discard policies designed to protect the public cause people are making bad choices. If that’s the case why have health laws and such?

Reactions: carolinablue34
He constantly points out regarding covid that he doesn’t care. My derision is only acknowledging what he repeatedly says.

but I take issue with it being a “valid point”. Refuting public health mandates on the premise that people don’t deserve the protection if they’re unhealthy is ridiculous. I get what he and you are saying, why help those who won’t help themselves, but when it comes to public health you can’t just discard policies designed to protect the public cause people are making bad choices. If that’s the case why have health laws and such?
that's why I stated that I understood vaccination to be a less cut and dry subject. And I don't think it's fair to say that he doesn't care when what he's objecting to is being coerced into participating in something that in his POV maybe benefits others while going against his own grain.

There are areas that common sense requires us to understand are for the benefit of all as a country, such as national defense. Then there are other areas where we are being shepherded more and more into being responsible for everyone's little boo boos when they don't care enough to take care of themselves in that regard. Why should they, when they know Big Momma is going to make it all better? I'm a grownup, a responsible adult...I need less Big Momma, not more. Of course there need to be health laws that serve to benefit all, but I'm not for looking out for those who don't look out for themselves, which is the singular point he was making here..

Reactions: heelmanwilm
that's why I stated that I understood vaccination to be a less cut and dry subject. And I don't think it's fair to say that he doesn't care when what he's objecting to is being coerced into participating in something that in his POV maybe benefits others while going against his own grain.

There are areas that common sense requires us to understand are for the benefit of all as a country, such as national defense. Then there are other areas where we are being shepherded more and more into being responsible for everyone's little boo boos when they don't care enough to take care of themselves in that regard. Why should they, when they know Big Momma is going to make it all better? I'm a grownup, a responsible adult...I need less Big Momma, not more. Of course there need to be health laws that serve to benefit all, but I'm not for looking out for those who don't look out for themselves, which is the singular point he was making here..
No I say he doesn’t care cause he has said himself he doesn’t. Care. I agree with everything else u say

Reactions: bluetoe
I don’t agree with this vaccine mandate for companies with more than 100 people. I wish everyone would vaxx. I feel it’s the best way to get back to somewhat normal…but forcing it doesn’t feel right
I can already see the lawsuits piling up. Especially in states with laws against mandates.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I don’t agree with this vaccine mandate for companies with more than 100 people. I wish everyone would vaxx. I feel it’s the best way to get back to somewhat normal…but forcing it doesn’t feel right
It's going to make everything worse, that's for sure.

I think we'll hit 750,000 deaths before it finally subsides, maybe more.

Some of the scariest and most illogical mandates I’ve heard in my time as an American citizen.

Take this vaccine so I can be protected even though I have taken the vaccine. Some solid logic there. Oh and even though you’re vaccinated make sure you mask up anyway. Oh and if you don’t you’re fired.

“15 days to slow the spread.”

Reactions: Heelicious
Looks like Biden is trying everything he can to make vaccines mandatory for the country without making them mandatory.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics/joe-biden-covid-speech/index.html
"The Defense Production Act, a wartime measure used to compel companies to manufacture essential supplies, will be evoked to accelerate the production of rapid tests"

Holy shit why has this ^ taken so long?

Also, if my taxes pay your salary and benes then you should get the shot now that it passed approval. Military requires like 17 vaccines, the mailman can get some too.

As for private industry, I like it - you don't want to get a shot, then prove you are not a spreader by taking this test. Our economy needs to put this behind us, testing and vaccines can help.

Last edited:
"The Defense Production Act, a wartime measure used to compel companies to manufacture essential supplies, will be evoked to accelerate the production of rapid tests"

Holy shit why has this ^ taken so long?

Also, if my taxes pay your salary and benes then you should get the shot now that it passed approval. Military requires like 17 vaccines, the mailman can get some too.

As for private industry, I like it - you don't want to get a shot, then prove you are not a spreader by taking this test. Our economy needs to put this behind us, testing and vaccines can help.
This is arguably the dumbest post in the history of the internet.

So without a single shred of evidence or data point you want people to be fired or fined for not taking a vaccine. Amazing logic.

Show me the data that suggests anyone dies bc of an unvaccinated infection vs a vaccinated infection. Let’s start there and then go to the rest of the moronic justification you pontificated.

one of the things I despise most about the dem way of doing things is enacting crap through private concerns. If you insist on mandating, mandate. That way, the general populace can see what bullshit you are. Don't take the back door approach and have companies do your dirty work.

Reactions: Heelicious
The government does not have the right to require anybody to get the vaccine, on the other hand the government and private business do have the right to require one to do certain things.

Show me the data that suggests anyone dies bc of an unvaccinated infection vs a vaccinated infection. Let’s start there and then go to the rest of the moronic justification you pontificated.
So you want to see death rates of vaxx vs not? Or should we just skip that and talk about microchips?

Note that deaths are one concern, economy and hospitalizations/health infrastructure another. A better question might be: show me vaccines will improve the econ.

So you want to see death rates of vaxx vs not? Or should we just skip that and talk about microchips?

Note that deaths are one concern, economy and hospitalizations/health infrastructure another. A better question might be: show me vaccines will improve the econ.
This response is almost as moronic as the original post. It’s so dumb that I am not even sure how to respond.

So let’s start here. Answer a simple question. If the vaccines are effective as they tell you they are, and I’m vaccinated, why do you care what someone else does?

This is arguably the dumbest post in the history of the internet.

So without a single shred of evidence or data point you want people to be fired or fined for not taking a vaccine. Amazing logic.

Nearly all current covid hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated people. It’s not being moronic to consider that when deciding to be vaxxed or not. There’s no denying the fact that being vaxxed reduces the risk of being hospitalized and or dying. The only way around that is to claim all the hospitals are lying about their covid patients. If you’re dumb enough to believe that then you have bigger problems than covid anyway. Having said that I don’t support forced vaxxing and idgaf what you do regarding it.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Nearly all current covid hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated people. It’s not being moronic to consider that when deciding to be vaxxed or not. There’s no denying the fact that being vaxxed reduces the risk of being hospitalized and or dying. The only way around that is to claim all the hospitals are lying about their covid patients. If you’re dumb enough to believe that then you have bigger problems than covid anyway. Having said that I don’t support forced vaxxing.

But we're assuming all hospital staff are vaxxed. So why do they care if they have to treat unvaccinated patients. They're protected, right?

Why do vaccinated people care if others refuse the shot?

But we're assuming all hospital staff are vaxxed. So why do they care if they have to treat unvaccinated patients. They're protected, right?

Why do vaccinated people care if others refuse the shot?
I don’t understand why the fact that mostly unvaxxed people are being hospitalized and dying means we’re assuming all hospital staff are vaccinated. But I care because I want to see herd immunity and a return to somewhat normal. But that’s just me.

I don’t understand why the fact that mostly unvaxxed people are being hospitalized and dying means we’re assuming all hospital staff are vaccinated. But I care because I want to see herd immunity and a return to somewhat normal. But that’s just me.

Help me out here...if the vax protects you from getting it, then why do you need herd immunity? Who and why are we waiting on? Why can't vaxxed people be happy to be protected and leave unvaxxed people to either die or live rolling the dice?

Unless you don't believe the vax works...

This response is almost as moronic as the original post. It’s so dumb that I am not even sure how to respond.

So let’s start here. Answer a simple question. If the vaccines are effective as they tell you they are, and I’m vaccinated, why do you care what someone else does?
cuz i care about my economy, "health" of healthcare systems, and long-covid in unvaccinated kids.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
Americans are mandated to be vaxxed. Yet 1000's of illegals pouring over our border and released all over the country and an estimated 20% have the Shanghai Shrivers. Makes perfect sense.

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
Why can't vaxxed people be happy to be protected and leave unvaxxed people to either die or live rolling the dice?
It's pretty much the exact same things we've been saying since Spring 2020 about this thing. I care about the economy, "health" of healthcare systems, and illness in people - at this stage, specifically long-covid in unvaccinated kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: gteeitup
Help me out here...if the vax protects you from getting it, then why do you need herd immunity? Who and why are we waiting on? Why can't vaxxed people be happy to be protected and leave unvaxxed people to either die or live rolling the dice?

Unless you don't believe the vax works...
Vaccines help achieve herd immunity. I don’t just care about myself. I want covid gone and a return to normal. Herd immunity does that ftmp. I don’t want you to go through what my sister did. I don’t want that for anyone. I want everyone to be healthy and live long lives. But I also realize it’s a free country and it’s not right to force decisions about that on people. So yes I want you to be vaxxed. But if you don’t want to be that’s your business.

Sorry, let me pick up all my shit and move so I can follow the goal posts. If you are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn’t?

Answer that and I’ll go along with the rest of this moronic logic.
Why do we care if you speed? Do heroin? Run in traffic? Wear a seat belt? Cook pork thoroughly? Geeze dude why is it so unfathomable to consider the possibility that people care for their fellow man and the public welfare? Is that a bad thing?

Reactions: gteeitup
Sorry, let me pick up all my shit and move so I can follow the goal posts. If you are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn’t?

Answer that and I’ll go along with the rest of this moronic logic.
This is the second time you've asked this exact question, my answer above about economy, healthcare system and long-covid in kids still applies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT