ADVERTISEMENT

Garrison Brooks...

Joel Berry doesn't need to avg 34pts/gm to make up for JJ.
I'm not sure where you got that.
Presumably he was adding JJ's number to Berry's number.

If Berry "becomes" JJ (for scoring purposes), then someone needs to "become" Berry.

Ditto, if Theo becomes JJ, then someone needs to produce Theo's numbers.

Now if Brandon becomes Theo, that's easier, because Brandon didn't score much.

If Jalek becomes Nate, then that's easy because Jalek didn't score at all last year. ;) Whereas if 7th becomes Nate, then someone has to pick up 7th's numbers. Which should be more than easy for Jalek.

So . . . the bottom line is that Theo needs to score around 13 of Justin's points. Then Kenny and Brandon have to combine to pick up the rest of JJ's points, plus make up for Theo.

Easy peasy.

Interesting thread...

We lose Meeks, Justin Jackson, Hicks, and Nate...Of course that is going to have us struggle to replace all of that, with or with out Knox, Berry, or Tony. IDK if we get Knox or not, I have never been that guy that believed we would, hope we can but will believe if when I see him commit. I do hope there is sanity in the world and we get Joel & Tony back.

Tony will have to take a huge leap forward to ease the loss of Meeks, many seem to assume that as a easier thing than I do, he can but I am not ready to assume he will as fact. I do think Huffman has to come on strong as a frosh, I think he can but not looking for a lot of scoring from him, more a physical presence with a good motor that will work to defend and hit the boards.

Love what Luke gave us this season but not going to lie, just not comfortable with him starting at the 4, like him much more coming off the bench. Knox would make that easier to deal with.

I am expecting huge leaps forward from 7th & BRob, Looking for Kenny to steady up his jump shooting, and Theo will be Theo. If Joel is back, it may be hard to keep PT from Jalek and he could start at the 2, no Joel Jalek is our PG.

I do think we will struggle some early but Roy will cobble together a solid team in the end and we will become a solid group, maybe elite 8 level, don't see us any further than that this tie around.

Nobody makes up anybody's points unless somebody steps up and makes up for the rebounds we lose with losing Meeks, Hicks, JJ, and Nate. 21.5 rebounds will be very difficult to make up. Unless the field goal percentage as a team goes up considerably from the 46% this past year we will need every bit as many rebounds as we got last year. Each one of those rebounds represents a possession with an opportunity to score points.

SMU is emerging as a candidate for Brooks , Iowa State has also offered and KU sniffing around(I guess to replace Bragg).

SMU is emerging as a candidate for Brooks , Iowa State has also offered and KU sniffing around(I guess to replace Bragg).
There's plenty of schools interested, but is Garrison interested in plenty of schools?

I have NEVER seen Tillmon play, so let me first say that... I did hear though he's very overrated! That's hear say though?...

I have NEVER seen Tillmon play, so let me first say that... I did hear though he's very overrated! That's hear say though?...

I don't think so. Runs the floor pretty well, good defensive presence. Jump shot needs work.

Any body know what Brooks tweet was about when he said "Today is the day I follow my intuitions"

Twitter buzz says Tilmon to Mizzou isn't a done deal , UNC and KU making push. At least that's what I've read cause I don't tweet.

Do you have that tweet? I knew KU was looking around, but I hadn't heard we were making any pushes.

Any body know what Brooks tweet was about when he said "Today is the day I follow my intuitions"

I imagine nobody but Brooks knows.

Exciting Times. Is this what it's like to be in play during the Late Signing Period? Very hectic. Nice to see Roy capitalizing on it though.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I'd rather have Bradley back than Berry if we must choose. Simply due to the depth and recruits coming in at both positions. Obviously a senior Berry would be awesome.

I'd rather have Bradley back than Berry if we must choose. Simply due to the depth and recruits coming in at both positions. Obviously a senior Berry would be awesome.
Either would be a huge loss. Both have a lot to gain by coming back. The team would certainly change more without Berry. We'd see a lot more Theo at 4 small ball without Bradley.

Either would be a huge loss. Both have a lot to gain by coming back. The team would certainly change more without Berry. We'd see a lot more Theo at 4 small ball without Bradley.

Yeah but with Theo at the 4 and who at the 5? It's a frightening proposition. At least with Bradley we have a legitimate acc big man anchoring the middle. I could even see Theo playing some point forward and bringing the ball up, he's probably our best passer even with Berry included.

Bite your tongue!
Seriously, I get it, aircraft carriers ($1 to Al McGuire) like Tony are hard to come by, but JB is a very, very special player, and folks might be surprised at the team deficiencies he can help overcome.

Bite your tongue!
Seriously, I get it, aircraft carriers ($1 to Al McGuire) like Tony are hard to come by, but JB is a very, very special player, and folks might be surprised at the team deficiencies he can help overcome.

I agree lol I just think we have more depth at guard. I pray we get them both back with some Knox magic and another FF/Championship run ready.

Would love to see Berry return, so he could be justly honored on Senior day as one of the Premier Tar Heel Seniors to have ever played 4 years at Carolina......As for Bradley, he's got some talent for a big guy, but he has still not matured enough to make any kind of impact at the next level IMO because he needs to learn to be more assertive, and get tougher, and finish stronger with the basketball....With him starting and getting more time on the floor next season for the Tar Heels, we could see him blossom into a really dominate post player inside, which is something that is unlikely if he leaves for the NBA because he will ride the pine quite a bit in his first year in the league, much like Brandan Wright did when he left as a Freshman....He and Berry together puts Carolina once again in the national spotlight, and will help transition the two incoming bigs and Felton at the PG/SG positioin....I like others expect both Robinson and Woods to be a lot more productive next season as both were turnover prone this past year...Think we already know what to expect from Pinson and Maye, and hope they both can be more productive offensively from the perimeter next year....Do agree with others in this thread that offensive rebounding was a big advantage for this year's team, and should once again be a priority for next year's team as well....

Reactions: darrell.shives
I think Garrison is head, heart, and guts ALL for Carolina.
Bottom line is this one's bout to get interesting... Roy and/or staff will likely be visiting this week.... whatever their feeling is on Knox may or may not have a bearing as to if a re-offer is forthcoming, but if it is, I highly suspect Garrison would jump on it. Everything seems to have gone quiet on the Auburn end --- assuming they're conceding him to UNC? We shall see soon enuff...

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Bottom line is this one's bout to get interesting... Roy and/or staff will likely be visiting this week.... whatever their feeling is on Knox may or may not have a bearing as to if a re-offer is forthcoming, but if it is, I highly suspect Garrison would jump on it. Everything seems to have gone quiet on the Auburn end --- assuming they're conceding him to UNC? We shall see soon enuff...
Have you heard anything about Tilmon? Or is the thought that Brooks is a bigger priority?

The word from recruiting gurus is there is no indication that UNC is in play with Tilmon. Mizzou hoops coaches feel very confident of landing Tilmon and Mark Smith and there was no mention of Knox.

Have you heard anything about Tilmon? Or is the thought that Brooks is a bigger priority?
Personally, I have never been overly impressed with Tilmon... hope the staff feels the same way. But to answer your question I haven't seen anything credible saying they're interested.

Ehh give me Brooks 4* huge upside runs the floor as well if not better than tilmon. Tilmon is more refined but not by much. Just my opinion, but I want brooks

I haven't a clue about Tilmon. We offered him early. It looked like he was going to be a quick commit. Then he committed to Illinois instead.

Basically he was just a disappointing blip on the radar. But just because he was only a blip doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good choice.

I've always wished we had landed Brooks. But realistically, if you are going to bet on which player is more likely to pan out, Tilmon's ranking tilts the odds in his favor.

As for chemistry, what's the reason people think Tilmon might cause chemistry problems? Both are oath breakers. But both are also young and could well have been pressured to make their previous decisions. If either of them really wants to be here, then that's the guy I want.

If Bradley leaves and Brooks signs, Brooks will start at the 5. Personally, I think Bradley is gone. ESPN surveyed the NBA GM's and Bradley was rated the 23rd best prospect. Hope I'm wrong about Bradley, but you folks should prepare yourselves for his exit. NBA drafts on potential and there are few "true" centers in the NBA. Word is that Bradley's team is going around Roy and doing their own research. My hope is that he declares and does not sign with an agent. Then go to the combine and see what happens. JJ did that last year.

What's wrong with a OAD for a reserve on a national title team? I would think this will help Roy recruit OAD's in the future.

Ehh give me Brooks 4* huge upside runs the floor as well if not better than tilmon. Tilmon is more refined but not by much. Just my opinion, but I want brooks

Couldn't agree more. Brice Johnson versus Tatum/substitute 5* here.

It's not an option but Tilmon by a mile. Experts say Tilmon got great hands. Tilmon composite #30 vs. Brooks composite #128 'nuff said. If people think Brooks is a comparison to Brice Johnson they are gonna be disappointed. Brice was rated in the top 50 because of his elite explosiveness and terrific touch.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT