ADVERTISEMENT

Hogs vs Heels---- Sunday 19 March 2017---dance lesson number two

We survived but for the most part, Arkansas wanted it more and played harder. That's most disappointing to me.

It is not important if your team wins by 50 or by one the only things that counts is a W...CASE CLOSED...This game is over and done with. Try enjoying it for a change...I know it is hard but u can do it...

Reactions: Heelicious and RP12
The analysts are right, we have the tendency to fall into lulls and not play angry. We don't stay aggressive and that passive nature allows opponents back into games. We probably are the best team when we play the way we did to start and end the game but can we find that for 35-40 mins instead of 20? Playing half the game well is not going to be enough against better teams.

We didnt deserve to win. But the moment was clearly too big for Arkansas. I also wont complain if i never see Nate Britt on the court again

It is not important if your team wins by 50 or by one the only things that counts is a W...CASE CLOSED...This game is over and done with. Try enjoying it for a change...I know it is hard but u can do it...
Exactly agree 100%....UNC 12-0 in the last 3 minutes of the game...that is heart. This team won and we move on. Good Grief.

And for those who were watching the game, Coach Williams played three guards a good chunk of he second half (counting Jackson as a perimeter player) to offset the turnover machine that we had become. Theo played horribly, but at the end of the day we won the game. Celebrate PEEPS. And root like crazy for South Carolina.

Reactions: plm and Sk1310
Locked it down for the last 3 minutes. Need to play with that urgency all the time.

FIFY & I do agree . . . that was a charge on Berry, plain and simple.
Yeah. We had one bad call against us late - the foul called on Justin when the other player grabbed him in full view of the ref who called it. But there were several that went our way.

I expect some blown calls. I just want them to balance out and not determine the outcome in the wee minutes. If I'm a piglet, it doesn't look like it was balanced down the stretch.

Reactions: admiral2480
And it was nice to have some time outs left, unlike Arkansas. Just saying for all who question old Roy.

Reactions: RP12
We didnt deserve to win. But the moment was clearly too big for Arkansas. I also wont complain if i never see Nate Britt on the court again
I thought Nate did fine. He got his pocket picked once or twice, but that's actually a little less than most of our guys. We had 17 TOs overall, and he's only charged with 1 of them.

I don't agree on the no charge call. The Arkansas dude was still moving even in wow motion replay.

Agreed with you in another thread and will do so again! Wasn't even close, and Berry got fouled well before he made contact with moving Arkansas player.

Agreed with you in another thread and will do so again! Wasn't even close, and Berry got fouled well before he made contact with moving Arkansas player.
Refs usually swallow whistles in the NCAAT. We've been on the wrong side of it before and it's sucks but Arkansas still had chances and they fell apart in the last 3 minutes.

Yeah. We had one bad call against us late - the foul called on Justin when the other player grabbed him in full view of the ref who called it. But there were several that went our way.

I expect some blown calls. I just want them to balance out and not determine the outcome in the wee minutes. If I'm a piglet, it doesn't look like it was balanced down the stretch.
Thank you, sir. I loved the fight back and forth all game. Just wish it would have been decided on the court in the end.

If you have a chance to watch the replay again watch number 31 for Arkansas who is mugging Berry on the drive before Berry plows into the other Hog defender. Arkansas played very physical the whole game and the lack of whistles they used successfully to their advantage which they should have.

Anybody who watched this game and thinks The refs gave us the game are just plain idiotic. If anybody tried to give the razorbacks the game, it was Roy by Allowing two double digit positive runs with no timeout, leaving our 2 primary scorers on the bench at the same time for about 5 minutes, etc. if anything, the officiating allowed Arkansas to turn the tide by being the aggressor. You were allowed to play defense with your hands all damn day on dribble penetration. And anybody who thinks the Berry no call was a charge is just plain stupid and you can't argue with stupid. He was fouled literally the whole damn drive and then fouled on the collision. Game over. We have to shoot the ball better to beat anybody moving forward. We also can not afford to have theo play as terribly as he played. We also can't have Nate Britt seeing that many minutes again. We dodged a bullet, or more like an air strike. Can not happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT