ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs NC State game thread Sunday 19 February 2023

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Not much else to say except it is time to show up and play like there is no tomorrow. Regardless of what lineup changes and what offensive changes have been input in the last 5 days Carolina with their back to the door 🚪 must play their best game of the season. State likes to play fast and play a tough aggressive defense which played right into Carolina’s hands at Chapel Hill as the Tar Heels lived and won from the free throw line and I would expect the Wolfpack defenders in front of a loud sold out arena to be aggressive again which should lead to another parade to the charity stripe.

Defense WILL INDEED decide this contest as the Wolfpack will start 4 players who average double digits per contest and they cannot not even have a average game from the floor.

Terquavron Smith leads the way averaging 18.3 and Black must find away to hold him down like he did the first time they met. Smith to put it mildly can take over a game either driving or bombing but he does have a tendency to gun.

Jarkel Jorner is a big time three point shooter and his 16.1 scoring average shows that. Love will probably get him. DJ Burns is like a big time Bull in a China shop. Bacot MUST FORCED him to go right because he is deadly going to his left…

Turnovers must be kept to a minimum because State lives and dies with the points they get from their defensive pressure.

Finally the big three of Bacot,Davis and Love must again carry the majority of the offense and any kind of scoring from Black and Johnson will be a bonus.

Got to play like a animal trapped in a corner with no place to go but as we all know a trapped animal are the most dangerous when cornered so let the cards fall as they may..

It's NC State. 2 free wins almost every year. And I'm sure this win will fully take us off the bubble. Even though it shouldn't.

Black slam on a great pass from Love 9-8 but Morsell scores after a Love turnover but Love down the middle makes up for the mistake with a hoop of his own. 11-10. It is race horse basketball 🏀 so far. I for one am surprised that Nance is starting yet again after Coach Davis hinted all week there would be changes. Burns now with his first foul.

Attack me all you want but I cannot wait for Caleb Love to go wherever he's going to go. You know what you get when you leave Caleb love on the floor in hopes that he heats up? A 16 and 10 record!

After rewatching the first 5 minutes: Pete gets wide open and nobody gets him the ball. Then they get him the ball when he's got 23 in his grill so he has to pass.

Bacot slam on a nice pass from Black then Clark a three and Morsell a wide open bomb after a careless turnover by Trimble. Davis fouled by Smith cans two free throws 16-15 as Nickel v comes in

5 turnovers already. A different type of lineup for Carolina at the tv break of: Trimble, Davis, Nickel, Johnson and Nance in the middle.

Nance getting at least one walk called against him each game is probably the most reliable trait this team has.

pete nance sucks lol. just give him his degree and let Puff and Washington have his minutes
As frustrating as he has been, I put the blame on Hubert for continuing to misuse him. He’s a 5. Always been a 5. But he’s being asked to operate from the perimeter in. He looks terrible doing it because that’s not who he is.

Can’t believe all the hype when Nance decided to attend UNC. Compare that hype to the very little he has to offer and it really is amazing.

Reactions: DaSheed
I swear I hate blaming refs cause the team ain’t good but man alll freaking year it seemed those 50/50 calls all have gone against UNC this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT