ADVERTISEMENT

Marquette vs UNC game thread—-Thursday 17 March 2022

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Put on your dancing shoes because March Madness is here and it is time to turn up the band….

Carolina has some unhappy history with Marquette starting with the 1977 loss in the Championship when Butch Lee and his teammates stopped the walking wounded of: Phil Ford, Walter Davis and Tommy LaGarde to last year when Dawson Garcia lead his team to a unexpected easy win over the Tar Heels at the Dean Dome…

It has been a long year with BOTH the Coach and players being constantly put under the microscope in regards to decision making and play on the court but thru it all including the loss of the first two players in off the bench in Harris and Garcia which left a very thin bench the team has gradually got better..

The iron five of: Bacot, Black, Manek, Davis and Love have incredibly played heavy minutes without getting injuries and have been the backbone of a squad winning 12 of their last 15 games.

Today marks a new chance for this years team to continue to make history and I expect the upperclassmen of: Manek, Black and Bacot to lead the team by example to a first round win…

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Watching early action between Norfolk St and Baylor and the bears might be missing three starters but they still look very impressive especially on defense and they are very quick offensively. They play with a lot of confidence but they are fouling a bunch…

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Watching early action between Norfolk St and Baylor and the bears might be missing three starters but they still look very impressive especially on defense and they are very quick offensively. They play with a lot of confidence but they are fouling a bunch…
I think they are only missing 2 and 1 is questionable to return any day now. From what I gathered reading about them at least. They supposedly are way more athletic than last year but not as good shooters.

We need to be crashing the boards on the offensive end, and be stronger at the rim. Love hit some early shots, but needs to be more selective. Their 3 balls are too wide open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT