ADVERTISEMENT

Is Mr. Floyd's Death Being Used To Change All Of Society?

I am not commenting either way on whether what they're doing is right or wrong. I'm simply saying that the beast has been awoken. Race in America will only get worse from this point forward, like I knew it would.

Oh yeah I agree with you...one side wasn't just going to sit back.

Also, I tie my hooks and lures on my line by using a very similar knot.

And I've never considered the way I've tied my fishing gear to be a noose. To me, it's a slip knot. And it only becomes a noose when it is used to hang a person - of any color.
I can see using a loop knot on your lures but why in hell would you use one for a hook?

as far as i know, no one has ever floated the idea of naming a national holiday after John Brown or called him "the most important public figure" of his generation.
Let's name a national holiday after John Brown. After all, he was the most important public figure of his generation.

Absolutely! That's affirmative! He, and whatever he has brought into American politics and culture, was needed! It was practically begged-for!
Yep. Trump gave closet racists permission to come out of the shadows and proudly display their values, such as they are.

Which, in turn, results in fun threads like this.

People aren't denying that he had a criminal past. What they're disgusted with is the state of law enforcement that should NEVER be doing what they are doing. It's become an institutional rot. Of course they were caught doing it to a criminal. That's their job! You and your buddies look like fools because you're choosing to focus on the criminal rather than the crimes of the law enforcement. Law enforcement are not supposed to commit crimes while they claim to be protecting and stopping crimes.
Strum expects perfection from law enforcement. I’m sure he’s never f’d up guitar repair, and he’s especially ‘perfect’ when someone’s pointing a gun at him.

Strum expects perfection from law enforcement. I’m sure he’s never f’d up guitar repair, and he’s especially ‘perfect’ when someone’s pointing a gun at him.
I don't "repair" guitars much. You have me confused with someone else. I fvcked-up enough guitars to know that I have to take them to someone who does know how to repair them.

If you have family or friends in Minneapolis, you need to tell them to get out of there before they release the information that there isn't sufficient evidence to take it to trial.

Gonna be quite a few businesses burning down and assaults being committed in the ensuing peaceful protests.

Even the raccoons need to get the hell out of town before the peaceful protesters direct their ire at those oppressive masked mammals.

I was going to use that quote from Forrest Gump about racoons, but I don't think that type of thing is allowed anymore.

people are worse than sheep. They will NEVER learn to not let the sensation-creating media lead them around by the nose, and then jump to conclusions based on the scant fraction of pertinent context provided...and THEN fail to realize that the majority of rioting and destruction that follows an incident is not born of sincere and justifiable and reasonable anger, but rather of the simple opportunity to express general hostility, lack of respect for law and order, and common criminality. I fvcking hate people.

Even the raccoons need to get the hell out of town before the peaceful protesters direct their ire at those oppressive masked mammals.

so these are lives that the BLM movement says matter? Really? Well then sign me up I guess, if they say it's the right thing to do. I'm all about doing the right thing, including the promotion of animal cruelty and carrying around baseball bats as a form of protest.

Reactions: chickenhunter
So, the question is, has the death of George Floyd caused a potential societal change on all levels? It seems to at least be potentially at play in many, many situations. My point is that though this may indeed be a watershed moment, it should not necessarily be the beginning of a total societal change, on every level. We had many, many things going in the proper direction. Please know that I simply believe that not all was lost when George Floyd was alive and not all is lost now. It is time for our leaders to now still lead without everything being referred to one's race. I support Black Lives Matter. However, I do not support everything in all of society now being subject to charges of being racist if they do not absolutely change in some fashion. Again, not all was wrong then and not all is wrong now. For me personally I happen to believe in racial inclusion, on all levels. We are doing many things properly as a society, on the whole. Yes we can always do more. Yes we will do more, I do believe. Please have a great day and a great week...
[/QUOTEWould love to add something to your post but I know everyone would get mad with me so I’m a leave it alone

Society was changing before, but Floyd's death seems to be a real tipping point. I've been listening to "Nice White Parents", a popular podcast from the group that did Serial.

In listening, what's notable to me is how far some of the democrats have moved, particularly on race issues. It's not just that we disagree on how to reach the same goal, it's that our goals are fundamentally different. They seemed to be focused on equity, while republicans and moderates focus on equality. Again and again this idea of equity comes up. It's not enough that all are treated equally, it's necessary that outcomes themselves are the same.

Focusing on equity is an implicit rejection of the Civil Rights Movement. In order to live in a truly equitable society, people must not be treated the same. Discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, etc is required to achieve utopia.

As is typical, California is leading the charge. Proposition 16 is on the ballot this year, and it's purpose is to repeal Proposition 209. Prop 209 prevents the state from discriminating against, or granting preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting. This is a rejection of the principles of equality, and it's being spearheaded by liberals.

Last edited:
QUOTEWould love to add something to your post but I know everyone would get mad with me so I’m a leave it alone

Obviously you haven't been around OOTB that long. We all love to hate and glad to be mad

Society was changing before, but Floyd's death seems to be a real tipping point. I've been listening to "Nice White Parents", a popular podcast from the group that did Serial.

In listening, what's notable to me is how far some of the democrats have moved, particularly on race issues. It's not just that we disagree on how to reach the same goal, it's that our goals our fundamentally different. They seemed to be focused on equity, while republicans and moderates focus on equality. Again and again this idea of equity comes up. It's not enough that all are treated equally, it's necessary that outcomes themselves are the same.

Focusing on equity is an implicit rejection of the Civil Rights Movement. In order to live in a truly equitable society, people must not be treated the same. Discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, etc is required to achieve utopia.

As is typical, California is leading the charge. Proposition 16 is on the ballot this year, and it's purpose is to repeal Proposition 209. Prop 209 prevents the state from discriminating against, or granting preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting. This is a rejection of the principles and equality, and it's being spearheaded by liberals.
"It's not just that we disagree on how to reach the same goal, it's that our goals our fundamentally different."

which is why there is a divide; and I'm glad there is, with your observations being correct. Spot on top to bottom, must have been a great podcast.

And the rapidity of the changes is scary. It's like every time you get a milkbone within a foot of their mouths, they take the milkbone and half your arm with it. And we play hell getting our arms back.

Making everyone equal is communism. Giving everyone equal opportunity is the opposite, and is what we are supposed to be about. Liberals are commie larvae. There is no compromise with them, only gradual capitulation. That in a nutshell is why I support Trump....he is the resistance.

which is why there is a divide; and I'm glad there is, with your observations being correct. Spot on top to bottom, must have been a great podcast.

The podcast was typical liberal whinging, but it was illuminating.

I try to make a habit of consuming media written by liberals, for liberals. They are far more honest when they assume they are among the faithful.

I try to make a habit of consuming media written by liberals, for liberals. They are far more honest when they assume they are among the faithful.
You're a "liberal", too, my friend.

If you have family or friends in Minneapolis, you need to tell them to get out of there before they release the information that there isn't sufficient evidence to take it to trial.
I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. I have for 25+ years. Am looking to move to SD from this f'd up state. Yes, people can say SD is redneckville, fine, but that is where I am from and have family still. People are a lot more free and have more common sense, with way smarter more competent political leaders. I have aging parents that don't have anyone close to care for them there. And no state income taxes.

Since possibly i can do my corporate office job from home, moving to SD may be a real option. And we home school our last kid in the house, and while he is only a sophomore in high school, he has basically almost completed his high school classes and can start college classes. We've met with a realtor in Sioux Falls, SD and here in Minneapolis, MN - to sell here and buy there.

The governor of Minnesota and the mayor of Minneapolis - hard to describe two worse leaders. And I literally can't imagine - nothing like anything I've seen in my life....all the rioting, looting, domestic terrorism, etc over the George Floyd death.....then another black guy recently killed someone in a parking lot, then killed himself. Cops nowhere near him. "Never mind - let's start up the riots again as if a cop or white person killed him, and literally destroy all of downtown Minneapolis - again".

Then the governor has had the most insane unfounded lockdown rules - fact free, science free, statistic free - of anywhere in the nation.

Minneapolis is a ghost town, like a hollowed out Detroit, with nobody going down there - police have been so demonized and persecuted - they've pulled way back. Crime rates, murder up 50-150% since last year.

And almost every bar, restaurant, store - some that have been in place for nearly 100 years - have had to close, go out of business forever. It is sick and sad. The city is dead. Nobody I know has any reason to go there. Not for work, to eat/drink, not to shop, no pro sports, etc. Not sure how it comes back to life. It seems same is happening in NYC, Chicago, etc. People are moving to the burbs and country where they feel safer and are not as much under the control of woke petty power-drunk POS tyrants like we have in this city / state.

One other thing on George Floyd - I called it his death, and not his killing because of this: not sure how much this has made national news, but the unbiased govt office coroner's report showed Floyd to have three times a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system when he died. Along with a very high dose of meth. A terrible combo. The coroner said if Floyd were found in an apartment or car, dead it would have been coded as a fentanyl OD instantly.

If you watch the cop's body cam tape, you can see Floyd saying he can't breathe , and that he is claustrophobic, while in his car before the cops even touch him. High as a kite and talking crazy incoherencies. Could the cops have done something different? Yes -they should have had paremedics arrive sooner. Or done something to try to help him breathe. But the coroner has found little or no damage to Floyd's neck or chest or breathing due to cop action.

I'm just saying people who say "prepare for next riots" are right - because there is no way in hell any cop is getting convicted on the George Floyd death, especially with the moron AG here amping it up to 2nd degree (ie-conscious intent) murder. They're all gonna walk, the city (what's left of it) will get burned and looted again. Good times. I want out.

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. I have for 25+ years. Am looking to move to SD from this f'd up state. Yes, people can say SD is redneckville, fine, but that is where I am from and have family still. People are a lot more free and have more common sense, with way smarter more competent political leaders. I have aging parents that don't have anyone close to care for them there. And no state income taxes.

Since possibly i can do my corporate office job from home, moving to SD may be a real option. And we home school our last kid in the house, and while he is only a sophomore in high school, he has basically almost completed his high school classes and can start college classes. We've met with a realtor in Sioux Falls, SD and here in Minneapolis, MN - to sell here and buy there.

The governor of Minnesota and the mayor of Minneapolis - hard to describe two worse leaders. And I literally can't imagine - nothing like anything I've seen in my life....all the rioting, looting, domestic terrorism, etc over the George Floyd death.....then another black guy recently killed someone in a parking lot, then killed himself. Cops nowhere near him. "Never mind - let's start up the riots again as if a cop or white person killed him, and literally destroy all of downtown Minneapolis - again".

Then the governor has had the most insane unfounded lockdown rules - fact free, science free, statistic free - of anywhere in the nation.

Minneapolis is a ghost town, like a hollowed out Detroit, with nobody going down there - police have been so demonized and persecuted - they've pulled way back. Crime rates, murder up 50-150% since last year.

And almost every bar, restaurant, store - some that have been in place for nearly 100 years - have had to close, go out of business forever. It is sick and sad. The city is dead. Nobody I know has any reason to go there. Not for work, to eat/drink, not to shop, no pro sports, etc. Not sure how it comes back to life. It seems same is happening in NYC, Chicago, etc. People are moving to the burbs and country where they feel safer and are not as much under the control of woke petty power-drunk POS tyrants like we have in this city / state.

One other thing on George Floyd - I called it his death, and not his killing because of this: not sure how much this has made national news, but the unbiased govt office coroner's report showed Floyd to have three times a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system when he died. Along with a very high dose of meth. A terrible combo. The coroner said if Floyd were found in an apartment or car, dead it would have been coded as a fentanyl OD instantly.

If you watch the cop's body cam tape, you can see Floyd saying he can't breathe , and that he is claustrophobic, while in his car before the cops even touch him. High as a kite and talking crazy incoherencies. Could the cops have done something different? Yes -they should have had paremedics arrive sooner. Or done something to try to help him breathe. But the coroner has found little or no damage to Floyd's neck or chest or breathing due to cop action.

I'm just saying people who say "prepare for next riots" are right - because there is no way in hell any cop is getting convicted on the George Floyd death, especially with the moron AG here amping it up to 2nd degree (ie-conscious intent) murder. They're all gonna walk, the city (what's left of it) will get burned and looted again. Good times. I want out.
Sorry to hear you have to leave because of of all that bullshit and good luck selling the house. I truly hope you can find a buyer.

Reactions: Old_School59

How do you stand that cold???

heelmanwil chuckles at your description of the destruction of your part of America. He says 'America isn't being destroyed' as he shakes his head condescendingly at your apparent hyperbole. He also apparently thinks that Minneapolis and other stricken areas isn't part of America.

I also read an alternate medical (coroner maybe) report, possibly the one you are referring to, that plainly stated that Floyd did NOT die of asphyxiation, but rather because of those drugs he had in his body. But the official report is asphyxiation. Hmmm. You don't think overwhelming public and probably official pressure influenced that finding do you?

We are becoming a third world type of nation right before our eyes and we can't see it. Not in terms of wealth, at least not yet, but in terms of the mob driving political expediency which has us backing up closer and closer to the brink.

Please for the love of God and country, vote for Trump.

Reactions: Old_School59

I don't do podcasts but occasionally I'll tune in NPR as I'm driving here and there. I listen to it as long as I can because it generally is well-constructed and presented in exactly the manner all things of interest should be....they delve into much detail and usually try to provide an explanation for all the situations they present.

Of course the problem is that the relentless thrust of most everything they do is extreme empathy for the poor and the female and the anything that they consider isn't top dead center of the well-off chart. Poor Xabadu in his remote village in some country not the U.S. stubbed his toe and then a spider bit it and he might lose it because the nearest medical presence is 300 miles away and the family of thirteen kids has only pig slop to eat in their tin lean-to nestled into a hog wallow and why isn't some government entity stepping up to help the poor kid...kind of thing.

It's depressing enough hearing about our own problems without that icing on the pity cake. I can usually stand about ten minutes of it. But you gain a good understanding of the liberal thought process (and lack thereof) by listening to them...and Rush Limbaugh of course.:p

Thanks to people who responded to my post on this thread. I’ve been super busy at work so I don’t get to visit radar or OOTB as much as in past. And the woke sports about BLM and systemic racism and their fact free take on masks and COVID have driven me (and millions more like me) away almost entirely from pro sports.

My post response above wasn’t for sympathy or a “woe is me” take. I’ll be absolutely all right and am at a point where I need to work almost no more and still be ok wherever I live.

Bit my post was intended for others to think of the huge masses of people less fortunate than me that live in Minneapolis / St Paul or MN or any other large metro who are either having their businesses or communities destroyed; or they are under more risk of riots and ongoing violence with no law and order response - and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. They are helpless captive victims set to be impoverished or slaughtered or violently abused - absolutely through no fault of their own.

I will be very surprised if many more of these people do not rise up and vote for law and order and a restoration of some normalcy and safety....

and I think many more also will rise up and vote for opening their businesses and continuing their livelihoods, continuing back to school, living life as what used to be normal - willing to take on what minuscule Covid risk they might face, as a trade off for feeding their family, paying for other mental and physical health needs, and getting back to living life as normal / before - instead of succumbing to this overhyped hysteria fear porn by media and pols.

what was I thinking, wishing harm on these fine citizens and peaceful protesters and heros to uncboy10, who are only interested in expressing concern that police might treat them like the excrement that they are.

People aren't denying that he had a criminal past. What they're disgusted with is the state of law enforcement that should NEVER be doing what they are doing. It's become an institutional rot. Of course they were caught doing it to a criminal. That's their job! You and your buddies look like fools because you're choosing to focus on the criminal rather than the crimes of the law enforcement. Law enforcement are not supposed to commit crimes while they claim to be protecting and stopping crimes.
God forbid decent people should focus their angst on criminals and anti-social behavior instead of those who are entrusted with keeping the dregs at bay and who might occasionally overstep while doing so.

Amazing how stupid people can become when the hysteria sets in.

what was I thinking, wishing harm on these fine citizens and peaceful protesters and heros to uncboy10, who are only interested in expressing concern that police might treat them like the excrement that they are.

God forbid decent people should focus their angst on criminals and anti-social behavior instead of those who are entrusted with keeping the dregs at bay and who might occasionally overstep while doing so.

Amazing how stupid people can become when the hysteria sets in.

Yes clearly they're my heroes, which is why I called them idiots.

raw

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT