ADVERTISEMENT

Is Mr. Floyd's Death Being Used To Change All Of Society?

I get it. You’re trolling now. Just say that you don’t want to discuss this with me anymore because you can’t stand that I point out some things that are inconvenient to your beliefs. That way I won’t bother with you and you won’t need to try diversion tactic after diversion tactic.

You're rambling on. Stay focused now.

You said you won't let him become a beacon of light (idol) in the black community. I quoted this.

You then said you can't force someone to be an idol.

I'm genuinely curious as to which part of your double speak is the accurate piece.

So you support immortalizing someone that pistol whipped a pregnant woman?

I k ew you were a phone and full of shit. But I wasn’t sure about you being a piece of shit. It has been confirmed.
I haven't immortalized anyone. Your anger and triggered-ness is taking a terrible toll on you.

I will do my best to remind people that they’re celebrating and creating lies about a criminal.

Cool - look forward to seeing you on the news down at the protests doing your best to remind people of this, let me know how that works out for you.

I don’t particularly like you. So you’d be doing me a huge favor if you just went away. And if you like me as much as you say you do, you’ll do that for me.
I don't like you that much, no. Sorry. We all have our limits.

Back peddling now?
I think you've created something that isn't there.

George Floyd is immortalized no matter what I say or do. All I've done is help you eagerly demonstrate that it's more important to focus on Floyd's criminal past than the police's inhumane treatment of him when he was arrested. That's all you're doing.

So just for my own clarification, are you going to kill yourself or not?
f8041daaf99c83669f7cc6fe5ff7c2e4.jpg

Relax over there - you're a little fired up, you just quoted me 3 minutes ago and gotta actually work at least a little bit every now and then.

Have at it man - I'd love to hear your stories if you go down there and try to talk about George Floyd being a criminal.

In all seriousness, most people protesting things in general are incredibly uninformed so you'd be banging your head against the wall. I lived on Wall St during Occupy Wall Street and tried to talk to a few of them about their goals for the sit in at the park. No one gave me anything close to a coherent answer.

Lol. No, let me correct you.

You’ve done nothing. At all. Don’t flatter yourself. If it wasn’t you making stupid statements it would be someone else here who I’d have to correct.
And???

I'm still waiting for you to correct me.

Vote Cletus! Campaign slogan: "Black people: Who gives a shit?"

If you were running for a Mississippi Senate seat in 1870 you'd be a shoe in.
Or applying for a police officer position in any big city in the north.

You know what this board needed? Another thread of old white guys talking about what they think black people think.

Pin that post everywhere! Old, mostly southern born-and-raised white guys, at that.

Every person I've heard speak about this killing said it was a disgrace, everyone! Literally nobody is denying that. But it's not wrong to point out that this guy who's being martyrized is anything but a good guy. It's not wrong to point out that he's a career criminal who had meth, cocaine, and fentanyl in his system.Those facts are just as true as the fact that he was wrongfully killed. So let's paint an accurate picture here.

It's also a fact that twice as many unarmed white citizens than black citizens were killed by LEO's in 2019, according to the Washington Post. So let's not make this a racial issue when it's a issue of excessive force by a LEO. Floyd was killed because Chauvin was a power hungry POS, not due to his race.

Again, less than 1% of the black citizens killed yearly are killed by cops. When a killing is unjustified, punish the cops involved to the fullest. As I said, make all cops wear cameras at all times for complete transparency. But let's not blow every incident totally out of proportion and act like it's an everyday occurrence instead of an isolated event.

And let's not let anarchist groups like Antifa and BLM hold our country hostage to their divisive agendas.

Every person I've heard speak about this killing said it was a disgrace, everyone! Literally nobody is denying that. But it's not wrong to point out that this guy who's being martyrized is anything but a good guy. It's not wrong to point out that he's a career criminal who had meth, cocaine, and fentanyl in his system.Those facts are just as true as the fact that he was wrongfully killed. So let's paint an accurate picture here.

It's also a fact that twice as many unarmed white citizens than black citizens were killed by LEO's in 2019, according to the Washington Post. So let's not make this a racial issue when it's a issue of excessive force by a LEO. Floyd was killed because Chauvin was a power hungry POS, not due to his race.

Again, less than 1% of the black citizens killed yearly are killed by cops. When a killing is unjustified, punish the cops involved to the fullest. As I said, make all cops wear cameras at all times for complete transparency. But let's not blow every incident totally out of proportion and act like it's an everyday occurrence instead of an isolated event.

And let's not let anarchist groups like Antifa and BLM hold our country hostage to their divisive agendas.

100% fantastic @Archer2

Floyd just happens to be the person, or the flashpoint this time. It's sort of transcended HIM, if you will.

I'm trying to think of others to compare him to. John Brown, who raided Harper's Ferry, is an example. He was a failure at nearly everything he did. He formed a band of people to raid the armory in Harper's Ferry to incite a slave rebellion. It failed, too. He was convicted and hanged for treason. But, it was the spark that led to the Civil War. Brown, himself, is kind of a footnote.

I don't see Black Lives Matter as a anarchist group. This "Antifa" organization is too shady for my liking. I don't trust it.

Blowing it out of proportion is subjective. And, apparently, it was needed because it's happening.

Floyd just happens to be the person, or the flashpoint this time. It's sort of transcended HIM, if you will.

I'm trying to think of others to compare him to. John Brown, who raided Harper's Ferry, is an example. He was a failure at nearly everything he did. He formed a band of people to raid the armory in Harper's Ferry to incite a slave rebellion. It failed, too. He was convicted and hanged for treason. But, it was the spark that led to the Civil War. Brown, himself, is kind of a footnote.

as far as i know, no one has ever floated the idea of naming a national holiday after John Brown or called him "the most important public figure" of his generation.

Maybe it was “a” spark, but it certainly wasn’t the spark. I’d have it down much further on my list of sparks that led to the Civil War.

Brown was just some dude who had an idea and did it without thinking at all on how to execute it properly.

I don't see Black Lives Matter as a anarchist group. This "Antifa" organization is too shady for my liking. I don't trust it.

Blowing it out of proportion is subjective. And, apparently, it was needed because it's happening.
...much like Trump, it was needed because it’s happening.

Reactions: Terror Beard
Maybe it was “a” spark, but it certainly wasn’t the spark. I’d have it down much further on my list of sparks that led to the Civil War.

Brown was just some dude who had an idea and did it without thinking at all on how to execute it properly.
I always liked Herman Melville's name for Brown- "The Meteor of the war."

i'm a 42 year old white guy, born and raised in the south. my daughter is black .. my brother in law is black ... my nephew is black ... my niece is half black ... my step dad is black. i spend 200 days a year in a 3rd world country that is 99.9% black. i GUARANTEE you i have far more informed opinions and expertise in this area of race relations than your sorry bleeding heart can even begin to have.

but keep on stereotyping ... the action that liberals SAY they hate the most.
Sorry I missed this earlier. Thanks for sharing that you have all of these people you're related to that are black. Have them join in the discussion here and share their perspectives and attitudes so we can better understand.

Your contributions here don't convince me that you are far more informed or that you have any more expertise than anyone else.

Acting morally outraged at the deaths of a minuscule number of black Americans killed by LEO’s, while acting completely unconcerned about the killing of hundreds more every year, just because those hundreds weren’t killed by LEO’s, is the epitome of hypocrisy. It is selective outrage. BLM should change their name to CBLM, Certain Black Lives Matter.

The bigger issue is why black Americans are killing themselves in record numbers. Is it socioeconomic? Is it cultural? Is it a bit of both? Most likely. But that issue is taboo, too hot to openly discuss. And that’s a shame because addressing that issue would do much more to reduce black homicides than dwelling on the 1% caused by LEO’s, not to say they shouldn’t be addressed as well.

All Lives Matter! If you think it’s racist to say that, then you are the racist. That should be the least offensive thing you could say, something all of us should agree on.

Last edited:
Acting morally outraged at the deaths of a minuscule number of black Americans killed by LEO’s, while acting completely unconcerned about the killing of hundreds more every year, just because those hundreds weren’t killed by LEO’s, is the epitome of hypocrisy. It is selective outrage. BLM should change their name to CBLM, Certain Black Lives Matter.

The bigger issue is why black Americans are killing themselves in record numbers. Is it socioeconomic? Is it cultural? Is it a bit of both? Most likely. But that issue is taboo, too hot to openly discuss. And that’s a shame because addressing that issue would do much more to reduce black homicides than dwelling on the 1% caused by LEO’s, not to say they shouldn’t be addressed as well.

All Lives Matter! If you think it’s racist to say that, then you are the racist. That should be the least offensive thing you could say, something all of us should agree on.
i think it's actually a very complex issue that is being addressed using a hammer. It's not like ALL black people have identical, universal experiences and attitudes about American society. I know I have heard black celebrities like Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman state that the system is rigged, but it's not rigged like many people assume, or think. From what I could tell, they will say that American society offers all people a chance. Your level of commitment is a lot more important than your ethnicity. Also, your upbringing- having both parents as positive influences- helps, and matters, as do genetics!

I think America's police/law enforcement institutions have come to look, act, and conduct themselves more like military, or para-military organizations. I don't think that's something we want or need, as a society.

You might run into problems with "All Lives Matter" for more reasons than just race. "All" is pretty vague. I would be inclined to agree with you that saying "All Lives Matters" is not racist aat all. I believe that they all should. But, it doesn't take very long before there are unique circumstances that force us to rethink that. And, it seems like we have still not recognized all of us as equals, so the All Lives Matter label isn't genuine, maybe. I dunno.

Plenty of people try to talk about the socioeconomic issues that lead to high crime rates in minority neighborhoods. Usually the response is that they should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Sorry I missed this earlier. Thanks for sharing that you have all of these people you're related to that are black. Have them join in the discussion here and share their perspectives and attitudes so we can better understand.

Your contributions here don't convince me that you are far more informed or that you have any more expertise than anyone else.
Are you over your fear of blacks already? Are you the right white guy to tell us other white guys how to better understand blacks? You'll forgive us then if we don't take your contributions seriously either. Unless of course George Carlin can help you get your message across.

Why do you feel the need at this point to point that out, who is fighting you on this?

If you show up at a hospital for an emergency heart transplant does the doctor go "well this isn't about your heart, all hearts matter."

Like, when you see someone raising money for breast cancer do you yell "ALL CANCER MATTERS!"

And that's exactly how black society has said they see racism, as a cancer.

This isn't about you Arch. This isn't about any of us. Thinking that Black Lives Matter means that white lives don't is the incorrect way to view this. I haven't heard one black leader in the past few weeks say that any other life doesn't matter. They are simply saying that they want issues in society toward the black community corrected, not at the expense of the white, hispanic, asian, etc. community.

But I'm sure if a "Old Southern White Guys Matter" campaign started you'd be on the front line. So why can't they defend their own race against injustices?

So, the question is, has the death of George Floyd caused a potential societal change on all levels? It seems to at least be potentially at play in many, many situations. My point is that though this may indeed be a watershed moment, it should not necessarily be the beginning of a total societal change, on every level. We had many, many things going in the proper direction. Please know that I simply believe that not all was lost when George Floyd was alive and not all is lost now. It is time for our leaders to now still lead without everything being referred to one's race. I support Black Lives Matter. However, I do not support everything in all of society now being subject to charges of being racist if they do not absolutely change in some fashion. Again, not all was wrong then and not all is wrong now. For me personally I happen to believe in racial inclusion, on all levels. We are doing many things properly as a society, on the whole. Yes we can always do more. Yes we will do more, I do believe. Please have a great day and a great week...

"Blowing it out of proportion is subjective. And, apparently, it was needed because it's happening"

the mindlessness in this paragraph is mind-boggling. I guess Floyd's killing also was needed because it happened. What an idiot.

Are you over your fear of blacks already? Are you the right white guy to tell us other white guys how to better understand blacks? You'll forgive us then if we don't take your contributions seriously either. Unless of course George Carlin can help you get your message across.
Hmmm... lemme see...

"Blowing it out of proportion is subjective. And, apparently, it was needed because it's happening"

the mindlessness in this paragraph is mind-boggling. I guess Floyd's killing also was needed because it happened. What an idiot.
Mindboggling is flattering to me.

But to go along with this thought process, you'd have to first believe that blacks are not treated equally within the law and policy of this country. And I don't believe that.

But why don't you believe that? I'm genuinely curious.

I find it hard to believe that black people are just making this up. That my friend is making up the 3 times cops have asked him what he's "doing in this neighborhood" or "where ya headed son" when he's literally been filling his tank up or in the gas station store. He says you'll never know the feeling of being looked up and down when you enter a store. They did none of this to the dozens of white people in the store.

I don't know man, why are they wasting their time protesting something that they don't think exists? There are really smart, really rational black people who have numerous first-hand experiences to where they weren't treated equally.

Why do you think they are making it up?

We should listen to him. He told us that he had a black girlfriend.
Well, see... that's another falsehood. Why are you projecting?

I have shared that experience. But, it doesn't make me any more, or less, qualified to comment on the situation. I have had several black girlfriends. I only lived with one. And, since we're offering our "black credentials" in detail, her family (especially her father) were hardcore republicans! She was about as liberal as they come. But, her mom and dad were very conservative. They lived in a pretty affluent neighborhood near Stone Mountain, where she grew up.

I don't spend 75% of the year in third world countries, helping the 99.99% black people there.

So... big fukking deal.

Not all black folks have the same experiences. Just like your black friends say this has happened, mine say that kind of stuff never has happened to them. So if it's not happening to them all, then I'm going to assume they are isolated events. There are really smart black folks that have agreed with my feelings. I can poast some videos if you like. But you and I both know how that will go. Those who agree will love them and say, "see, I told you so." And those that don't agree will attempt to discredit the speaker.

"Making it up" is a strong phrase to use. I might say that blacks have been conditioned to believe these great injustices are prevalent because of learned helplessness. Blacks before them felt the same way. However, they were more right. Blacks before them felt the same way, and they were more right than the generation that came after them. I guess what I'm saying is that "they're out to get us" has become part of the culture of the black community. At one time, it was a legit claim. It is not any longer. But this notion is a sense of pride for the black community. Many wear it as a badge of honor. In fact, if you are black and you haven't been mistreated by police or whites in general, you're considered an Uncle Tom in many circles. I believe many blacks absolutely love to perpetuate this perception because (1) it allows them to claim victim hood status without (2) really feeling the brunt of it like their forefathers did.

We just disagree and I just don't get how a middle aged southern white guy can assume so many things about how black people actually feel. You're making some huge assumptions on something you have no first-hand knowledge about and basically calling people liars/frauds. And I'd argue your black friends having no experience of being treated differently is the isolated event.

P. S. White people in the 60s said the same thing. Man, these blacks are don't have it bad, the ones in the 30s had it bad. While I agree with you that racism has gotten better generation to generation, does that mean it's still not a "legit claim"? I go back to the point that it's really hard to believe that all these people, some of which are really rational and intelligent are just "conditioned" and it's not actually happening to them.

So the black folks that disagree with you are what? Liars? Frauds? Uncle Toms?

No, as I mentioned, I think those who haven't experienced any type of prejudice are the isolated incidents. Most rational black people would consider them fortunate and probably want to buy real estate to where they live and where they travel.

Meanwhile:

And in reality:

Hard to feel that Trump is trying to unite the country he's supposed to be leading.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT