ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a joke that has gotten its own legs?

imajericho

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Pittsburgh
I saw a joke before that Davis and Love were fighting over the same girl, and it was what was causing the issues with the team.

However, I see now people on Facebook stating this as a fact, with supposedly inside sources, and that they are fighting over the women's team PG.

This is just a stupid joke people ran with to troll right? That sounds ridiculous.

Are you sure?

McPherson_Kayla_WBB_23.jpg

I have to believe it's a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: GACMAN
Whilst I won’t discount the possibility, I can’t grasp how the starting backcourt for UNC would be fighting over one girl!!!

This is like the only two kids in a candy shop fighting over one gummy bear!….. both of these guys can walk around campus and choose almost any girl they want.

You’re probably right, but I’m guessing it went over a lot of heads
I got it. Wish I didn't though.

Back to the original Facebook rumor, I rewatched RJ and Love's interactions from Wake. They still do their intricate pregame handshake, still help each other up, and no one was cheering harder after RJ's clutch 3s than Caleb Love.

The lesson everyone should have learned around 2015 or 2016... get off Facebook. It's a cesspool of lies and misinformation and often bigotry.

Whilst I won’t discount the possibility, I can’t grasp how the starting backcourt for UNC would be fighting over one girl!!!

This is like the only two kids in a candy shop fighting over one gummy bear!….. both of these guys can walk around campus and choose almost any girl they want.
Doesn't matter... if they both want that one gummy bear, they both want it. And, I really don't think that scenario is equal to two guys wanting the same girl on a college campus.

They are used instead of "lies" because the word lie implies intention. While misinformation is often just spread by people who are too dumb to realize they are being used as a pawn to spread a lie.

Rumor? Gossip, scuttlebutt?

Mis (dis)information are nauseatingly overused in today’s political discourse. Let’s all do our part to avoid those words, especially when we’re talking about something as insignificant as the romances of 20 year old basketball players. To even call it just “information” is probably being generous.

Reactions: GACMAN and tmatheny
If the rumors are accurate and Caleb Love hooked up with RJ Davis’ girlfriend, well at least Love was finally able to score and RJ truly can’t defend anything. It does explain a lot though.

Confucius say, “Bait trap with bearded biscuit. Catch man every time.”

E67347-C8-44-AC-4-E02-A16-F-528-E52-A51-C2-D.jpg

I think this is a positive sign. Time will tell if the Tar Heels have another magical run in them:

She is hot! I cant blame either of the boys for getting with Deja. But if that's RJs girl and she hooked up with Caleb, RJ should be more mad at her than at Caleb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT