ADVERTISEMENT

Kessler coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Un huh, except you apparently.
Funny thing is, what you and your ilk don't seem to get is that as a fan I win either way with this, huh?... unlike y'know, someone who is enough of a loser to troll other boards.
Hopefully @heelent will see you out. Buh-bye.

Yawn. Hope to see you back on the Bunker soon, bud.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree! I just don’t think he will enter..I think he would have done it by now..hopefully we do something and fast
I'm with you honestly if we get Aidoo I would hold the line and wait for next class at this point all the good transfers have been snatched up unless Mark Williams from dook enters... and there was a Rumer he was transferring but I have no source on that just their boards

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If Garcia enters the portal we should throw our all into him. He was expected to enter but then it got muddy with Shaka smart
I'm with you honestly if we get Aidoo I would hold the line and wait for next class at this point all the good transfers have been snatched up unless Mark Williams from dook enters... and there was a Rumer he was transferring but I have no source on that just their boards
Gonzaga big man transfer shows great promise I hope we reach out to him. Last decent big I believe

I
If Garcia enters the portal we should throw our all into him. He was expected to enter but then it got muddy with Shaka smart
I am a huge Dawson Garcia fan and I may be the one responsible for all the talk about him in the forums ( even though he has never entered the portal) I started a thread about him back in February two weeks before UNC played Marquette. At this point, with Shaka in place for 3 weeks now, I don't see Garcia entering the portal.
However, if he does? He should be priority#1#2#3 because he is in my opinion the best stretch 4 in the country. He would be a better 4 man at UNC than the guy that just jumped ship.
Wish he was an option.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and CJBlue
Don't blame the kid how many of 7s would have gone against our mom if in the same situation.

If your 18 and let your mom make your major life decisions then you need to go back and live at home .. or marry your mothers clone. Lose lose either way ... sometimes you only get one chance to do something stupid. Good luck with that 3 point thing Walker .. it needs work.

I can't imagine why any serious, promising, up-n-coming would really consider UNC now that the HOF head coach is gone.

I think Davis is going to struggle for a while, getting the "big names." I hope he can get results from the lesser talent that he'll actually get.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I can't imagine why any serious, promising, up-n-coming would really consider UNC now that the HOF head coach is gone.

I think Davis is going to struggle for a while, getting the "big names." I hope he can get results from the lesser talent that he'll actually get.
I definitely get what you are saying but the Carolina name still holds weight and will still get big time players attention. It will be up to Hubert to close the deal.

I think next year will be an indicator of things to come. Without Aidoo or anyone else from the portal, next year is not looking too good. If Hubert can have a somewhat successful season with the players he has currently I think it could open things up going forward.

On the other hand, if next year is brutal, things could snowball quickly in the wrong direction. After the last two seasons, some would already say the snowball is gaining snow.

It won’t be the last time Hubert throws everything at a recruit and still comes up short. It happens to every coach. On to the next one.

High risk, high reward. That was an interesting play right out of the gate. Unfortunately, it didn’t pan out and now there is a ton of work to do.

Starting 4, backup 5, high level shooter.

1,500 players in portal. We need 3.

It won’t be the last time Hubert throws everything at a recruit and still comes up short. It happens to every coach. On to the next one.

High risk, high reward. That was an interesting play right out of the gate. Unfortunately, it didn’t pan out and now there is a ton of work to do.

1,500 players, but not 1,500 good players. I mean realistically, how many good players are still left out there at position of need? Then, how many of those do we actually have a chance at?

Reactions: uncfootball-

It’s kind of a shame that HD used part of his introductory press conference to plead with an 18 year old that he needs to come back to UNC. I would’ve preferred he not go public with that, just because of the possibility of what happened. Now we’re on to the next and it’ll be interesting to see if Aidoo is receptive. Regardless, HD is taking too long to fill out his staff and that needs to be done to help recruit.

I
I am a huge Dawson Garcia fan and I may be the one responsible for all the talk about him in the forums ( even though he has never entered the portal) I started a thread about him back in February two weeks before UNC played Marquette. At this point, with Shaka in place for 3 weeks now, I don't see Garcia entering the portal.
However, if he does? He should be priority#1#2#3 because he is in my opinion the best stretch 4 in the country. He would be a better 4 man at UNC than the guy that just jumped ship.
Wish he was an option.
Garcia declared for the NBA draft, yesterday

Reactions: bobcrane14
It’s kind of a shame that HD used part of his introductory press conference to plead with an 18 year old that he needs to come back to UNC. I would’ve preferred he not go public with that, just because of the possibility of what happened. Now we’re on to the next and it’ll be interesting to see if Aidoo is receptive. Regardless, HD is taking too long to fill out his staff and that needs to be done to help recruit.
Yeah I don't understand the staff thing. It makes me think a lot of UNC people are turning him down. It's possible that he's realized that he should hire the best person, not the best UNC person.

Reactions: Heelicious
Yeah I don't understand the staff thing. It makes me think a lot of UNC people are turning him down. It's possible that he's realized that he should hire the best person, not the best UNC person.
Absolutely! I get the whole "family" thing, but the short answer should be "Who will help Davis the most" and if that answer is from outside the family then that's what you do

Kessler will be playing with freshman Jabari Smith (6'10 PF ranked #5). A lot of us here were interested in Smith but iirc UNC was too late to the party. Auburn also (probably) returns a couple of front line starters at 6'8 and 6'10.

Sounds like Auburn could be the new best front line in college basketball. Or the best front line logjam.

Kessler and Smith doubtless expect to start. I wonder how this year's starters feel about that?

Maybe our coach wasn't going to take an entitled family telling Roy how to play. Maybe your coach was willing to take orders from daddy and mommy Kessler.

Who gives a shyte? He's at Auburn now. I suspect it won't mean much to either program. Y'all ain't winning anything significant with him and we aren't without him.

200w.gif
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT