ADVERTISEMENT

Loved the throwback unis

AtlasShrugged

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2004
Loved seeing the throwback uniforms versus GT. Any chance they will ever get rid of the argyle and go back to the block blue with the foot on a permanent basis?

I agree, I hate the argyle crap. The throwbacks are great except for the North Carolina lettering on the front of the jersey.

I am a creature of habit and whatever works stay with it. I wore a UNC championship t shirt for the last game and since we won I will be wearing it again. Will not let the wife wash it and will continue it until it no longer gets us a W. Also will be watching on the same tv with the same UNC sippy cup at my side. Everything stays the same as long as we win. So, the team should do the same and wear those jerseys as well. I do draw the line on my underwear however so please don't worry.

75 if you aren't going to wash the t-shirt at least air it out or hit it with some Febreeze. I know I tend to sweat the close ones.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

75 if you aren't going to wash the t-shirt at least air it out or hit it with some Febreeze. I know I tend to sweat the close ones.
Thankfully it was a blow out and I didn't have to sweat during that game but you have a valid point moving on.

The Argyle was something Dean loved and was very proud of the design. That being said the jerseys from yesterday are my favorite.

I prefer the throwbacks with the tarred foot on the shorts. I never knew Dean Smith liked the argyle.

I think it would be more respectful of Dean Smith to not have a permanent DES on the uniform. That man was one of the most humble human beings ever. It would be a disservice to his personal legacy to single him out on the uniform. There are countless memorials already in place. If you want to honor Dean Smith, then follow his lead, do the right thing without expecting recognition for doing it.

Originally posted by ROYANDDEAN:
The Argyle was something Dean loved and was very proud of the design. That being said the jerseys from yesterday are my favorite.
Spot on with the Argyle by Alexander Julian being a Dean Smith addition. Personally the Argyll is all I've ever known since the beginning of my gunship in the mid 90's. With that said, I would have no qualms what so ever if the Heels decided to don Saturday's attire more frequently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT