ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

Back to seriousness, you've seen this right? It could be one of the best marvels movies:
Agreed, but if we are being honest that's not a high bar to jump. The vast majority of Marvel movies are overrated. Not saying they aren't good, but they get way too much hype.

I have, even though I was only a casual follower of wrestling "back in the day." I enjoy them because it's people I remember watching some.

I recorded the A&E KISS documentary. Should be interesting.
the kiss doc great...i was a fan and it still provided stories i didn’t know.

as far as the wrestling, the sean michaels one is crazy.

This is a TV series? It's in its second season.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I think he was fu*king with you.

200.gif

Just finished 6ft under. Don’t know how I missed it when it was released but truly amazing still some 15 yrs later. Easily best series finale of any show I’ve watched. Tks @tarheel0910
Yeah, it's one of the few shows that don't have a let down for the finale. It's a perfect ending. Really, the whole last season is excellent. The only issue I had with the last season is...

that they killed off Nate after he and Brenda got together. I would have preferred they stayed together or at the very least him not leave her while he was in the hospital. It still ended up working for her character development, which I'm sure was the point of all of that.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
anyone watching these wrestling docs on a&e?

I wish I could but I have youtubetv and it doesnt carry a&e. I want to watch them all. Ive been a wrestling fan since '72. My dad and my grandma loved it and I would watch it with them. I met Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase, Tommy Rich, and Dusty Rhodes while I worked at Pinehurst Resort back in 1996. Flair was Fuuuuuuuucked up. Tommy Rich was a prick.

Reactions: gteeitup
This could be awesome if its well done. I loved these books. They are pretty old, but even though they are science fiction, they don't get into technology that much so they hold up well. Unfortunately, it's AppleTV and I'd hate to get yet another subscription. Guess I'll be borrowing my sisters account...

I wish I could but I have youtubetv and it doesnt carry a&e. I want to watch them all. Ive been a wrestling fan since '72. My dad and my grandma loved it and I would watch it with them. I met Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase, Tommy Rich, and Dusty Rhodes while I worked at Pinehurst Resort back in 1996. Flair was Fuuuuuuuucked up. Tommy Rich was a prick.
Black Jack Mulligan or Baron Von Raschke?

Mid-Atlantic-Championship-Wrestling.jpg

My Ric Flair story.

I once sat in a booth at Hyman's in Charleston and realized that Ric Flair had carved his name into it. And there I was, sitting in that very same booth, the one that Ric Flair had carved his name into.

ETA...feel free to ask me what it was like.

My Ric Flair story.

I once sat in a booth at Hyman's in Charleston and realized that Ric Flair had carved his name into it. And there I was, sitting in that very same booth, the one that Ric Flair had carved his name into.

ETA...feel free to ask me what it was like.
I met Ric at Crocodile Rocks in Myrtle years ago. He came in w a plethora of ladies and was more than happy to talk to peeps/take pics. Quite the guy.

Amazon prime has The Tomorrow War playing. Fairly good for an original. Has Chris Pratt starring

Amazon prime has The Tomorrow War playing. Fairly good for an original. Has Chris Pratt starring

I watched it and thought it was pretty bad. The new Tom Clancy flick with Michael B Jordan was a lot better IMO

You must not order online much. Music 2day shipping, and prime movies and tv is a sweet deal

I met Ric at Crocodile Rocks in Myrtle years ago. He came in w a plethora of ladies and was more than happy to talk to peeps/take pics. Quite the guy.
I worked at long John silvers in Asheville in the 80’s. The four horsemen came in every time they were in town. Flair, gene and ole Anderson, lex Luger, and the manager guy. Dusty Rhodes and his son came in a lot as well.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
Anybody watched this doc series:

@WhatTheHeel? @tarheel0910 you might be interested in episode 7 "Wells Fargo was long seen as the "golden child" of banking. But former employees detail the ruthless and fraudulent practices that fueled its growth."

Anyone plan on watching the new Space Jam? I'm going to pass. Based on the reviews, that's probably the best thing to do.

Reactions: Heelicious
Anyone plan on watching the new Space Jam? I'm going to pass. Based on the reviews, that's probably the best thing to do.
No. It seems like few NBA stars have any personality, LeBron being one of those lacking. Now if Barkley was the main character...possibly.

No. It seems like few NBA stars have any personality, LeBron being one of those lacking. Now if Barkley was the main character...possibly.
Absolute hard pass for me. I think it is LeBron (I can't stand him) Damion Lillard, Anthony Davis, maybe some others.

Like you said, probably OK guys, but do any move the needle on personality, wit, humor? nah....

From what I've read, LeBron's acting isn't good and apparently WB was basically using it as a commercial for it's IP.

I believe it. Though really Jordan's acting in the original wasn't GREAT but hey, he's Michael Jordan!

Most athletes just seem wooden when they try acting. I gotta say that wrestlers are probably the biggest exception, possibly because they are always playing a character.

From what I've read, LeBron's acting isn't good and apparently WB was basically using it as a commercial for it's IP.
I actually thought LeBron's acting in Trainwreck wasn't all that bad, with the bar being that I expect any athlete/non-actor to be awful.

But it's different having 10 lines vs. trying to carry a movie so I'm sure he wasn't good in SJ2. I will not be watching this.

“The gloaming” was a nice surprise. Aussie show about a detective returning to his home town to investigate a murder and deal with past horrors from child hood. Also Emma booth stars. If you don’t know who she is you’re missing out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT