ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

I watched that one a while back. Thought it was pretty good as well. Sucks that it was cancelled. Apparently, there was some talk about doing a film to finish the story, but the writers weren't interested.

I heard they'd already "written" all five seasons. Maybe Amazon will pick it up.

Looking forward to Amazon’s new Jack Reacher series. One book per season w Killing Floor first. Hopefully they get Lee Child’s stories and characters right this go round.

Reactions: Archer2
I heard they'd already "written" all five seasons. Maybe Amazon will pick it up.
Yeah, they had already fleshed out the basics, which is why Netflix asked the writers about the movie. They thought fitting the rest of the story into a movie wouldn't do it justice and passed. Kinda sucks for the fans, but for whatever reason they didn't ask my opinion.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
The flight attendant on HBO is good. A boozy slutty flight attendant played by the blonde from Big Bang theory wakes up next to a dead man after a one night stand and alcohol black out.

Reactions: gteeitup
Finally finished the Wire. Solid A- overall. My thoughts on the finale

I hated the way they ended Omar's story. All that build up and then just have a kid shoot him off screen. Marlo and the attorney getting off was a crappy way to end that storyline, because the whole season was set up around that. Then Mcnulty and Lester get fired without it paying off. I liked how they wrapped up bubbles storyline and setting up Michael to be an Omar type character was a good idea.

Reactions: dadika13
Finally finished the Wire. Solid A- overall. My thoughts on the finale

I hated the way they ended Omar's story. All that build up and then just have a kid shoot him off screen. Marlo and the attorney getting off was a crappy way to end that storyline, because the whole season was set up around that. Then Mcnulty and Lester get fired without it paying off. I liked how they wrapped up bubbles storyline and setting up Michael to be an Omar type character was a good idea.

Agree on Omar, weird way for him to go out. I liked the Marlo storyline when you look at it from the Stringer perspective. Stringer would have given anything to be in the room that Marlo walked out of. I like how they made Michael the new Omar and Dookie the new bubbles. Also like how Chris and Weebay became boys in prison because they are dudes who see the world the same way. Season 5 overall was pretty weak I thought, but coming off seasons 3 and 4 which are incredible they were in a tough spot.

When you're bored in a few years you'll do a rewatch and you'll pick up on shit you didn't the first time. The rewatch is what moved it into my favorite shows category.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Hell yea. It’s tough keeping up with all the back stories. Once you get into it I would suggest a fan site that keeps track of who’s who
I'm trying to figure out which HBO series I want to watch now that I finished up the Wire. I've rewatched the Sopranos and Six Feet Under in the past year.

Formula 1: Drive to Survive is watchable, not amazing, but cool footage and if you aren't that familiar with the sport it's interesting, a little repetitive but decent storyline.

Just watched some Netflix movie my son wanted to see called Space Sweepers. Korean made flick with elements of Guardians of the Galaxy, with touches of Blade Runner.

Really good cgi, and pretty fun movie overall. Went into it without a clue about it and came away impressed.

I'm watching "Exterminate All The Brutes" on HBO. Josh Hartnett looks like Josh Brolin now.

But... uh... this is not for the faint of heart! It's kind of like Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" put to film.

the serpent...holy s
Oh yeah? I've heard good things. May have to check this out.

Anyone watch Snowfall? I hear it getting Wire comparisons and after smugly turning up my nose at the comparison I'm now a bit intrigued.

I’m watching two old shows currently. Curb your enthusiasm and six feet under. I’m in second season of curb and it’s good but dang every episode is the same. He offends someone, then pays for it later on as they meet by coincidence. Six feet has a lot of depth to it. Great characters.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I’m watching two old shows currently. Curb your enthusiasm and six feet under. I’m in second season of curb and it’s good but dang every episode is the same. He offends someone, then pays for it later on as they meet by coincidence. Six feet has a lot of depth to it. Great characters.
Love six feet. It's one of the few great shows that doesn't have a shitty final episode. It's solid throughout.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I've been hoping for someone to show one of my all-time favorite "old shows," Northern Exposure. I can't find it anywhere other than buying it on DVD.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Watched the new Mortal Kombat last night. About what you would expect. Not much plot, just a bunch of fighting. I'd say a 6/10.

Just finished it up. I'll say it was decent, but overrated. I would leave a longer review of the issues, but I'm on my phone and don't want to type all that out.
I’m on season 3 of 6ft under and I am enjoying it. Tks for the reco.

I’d put GOT somewhere in my top 20. Too many story lines for my liking hurts it.

my top 10 in no order ranked by how much I enjoyed them at the time they were being released.

sopranos
Dexter
Lost
Breaking bad
Office
Mash
Twin peaks
The wire
Mad men

I’d put GOT somewhere in my top 20. Too many story lines for my liking hurts it.

my top 10 in no order ranked by how much I enjoyed them at the time they were being released.

sopranos
Dexter
Lost
Breaking bad
Office
Mash
Twin peaks
The wire
Mad men
did you checkout ozarks or did i miss that?

sopranos
Dexter
Lost
Breaking bad
Office
Mash
Twin peaks
The wire
Mad men
Good list but you need to include Deadwood.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT