ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

“tell me your secrets” is pretty good. About a serial killers gf in witness protection with the victims’ families trying to track her down.

I rewatched the sopranos a few months ago. It was just as good as I remembered and the ending was just as bad as I remembered.

Can't decide how I feel about the ending. On one hand, it was kinda genius how they set it up. Pretty sure my heart rate was at a solid 140bpm by the time Meadow finally gets her damn car parked.

Reactions: gteeitup
Watched Behind Her Eyes on Netflix. Pretty good - interesting twist at the end.

"I See You" movie on prime was better than I expected. The first 30 minutes had me wondering wth was happening, but it made sense after that. And had a few good twists.

However, Helen Hunt really looks like she had some poor work done on her face. Just odd looking.

Can't decide how I feel about the ending. On one hand, it was kinda genius how they set it up. Pretty sure my heart rate was at a solid 140bpm by the time Meadow finally gets her damn car parked.
it was the only ending that wouldn't have pissed most people off because of what might have happened. Leaving what happened to the imagination was the best way to go. In my mind, Meadow drank too much wine and got naked and danced on a table. AJ stabbed Tony to death with a steak knife, while he was sitting on the toilet in the restroom, taking over the biz right there on the spot. And Holy Mother of God, you can imagine what happened when Carmela saw Father Phil beckoning her to the unattended coatroom. Fantastic ending, IMO.

it was the only ending that wouldn't have pissed most people off because of what might have happened. Leaving what happened to the imagination was the best way to go. In my mind, Meadow drank too much wine and got naked and danced on a table. AJ stabbed Tony to death with a steak knife, while he was sitting on the toilet in the restroom, taking over the biz right there on the spot. And Holy Mother of God, you can imagine what happened when Carmela saw Father Phil beckoning her to the unattended coatroom. Fantastic ending, IMO.

I don’t think it was intended as a cliffhanger. Each time someone walks into the diner the bell goes off then we see them from Tony’s POV. The last ‘cut’ is his POV too if ya catch my drift

Meadow dancing naked on a table might have actually been the ending that pissed the fewest people off.

Reactions: bluetoe

i obsessed over this for days...then each time i re-watch the series, i do more research for some meaning...david chase sets it up well.

looking forward to the prequel this fall.

i obsessed over this for days...then each time i re-watch the series, i do more research for some meaning...david chase sets it up well.

looking forward to the prequel this fall.

If I had watched it blind with no idea where it ends, I would’ve had no idea the series was about to end. It seemed like it was still building and could’ve gone on another several seasons.

I’m sure the prequel will be really good. I’m glad I finally watched it, can’t believe it took me this long.

If I had watched it blind with no idea where it ends, I would’ve had no idea the series was about to end. It seemed like it was still building and could’ve gone on another several seasons.

I’m sure the prequel will be really good. I’m glad I finally watched it, can’t believe it took me this long.
to me it was like an athlete retiring in his prime. He lets down a few fans but then he doesn't suffer the humiliation of a deteriorating contribution. I have no problem with getting out before you have to jump the shark.

LegalRigidIguana-max-1mb.gif

I don’t think it was intended as a cliffhanger. Each time someone walks into the diner the bell goes off then we see them from Tony’s POV. The last ‘cut’ is his POV too if ya catch my drift

Meadow dancing naked on a table might have actually been the ending that pissed the fewest people off.
I'm not someone who needs to find 'meaning' in everything. Some things just are and I've learned to deal just fine with the lack of answers. That's why I like the kind of ending that invokes any number of indefinite possibilities. The imagination can do its best work, and nothing I've ever run across can beat my imagination.

All that being said, all I have settled on as the gist of the ending is that the specter of imminent (and ultimate) death...and not necessarily death itself...is the defining trait of Tony's chosen life.

But even imminent death takes a back seat to Meadow naked on a table.

I watched it on your recommendation and was completely surprised by the ending. Completely. I did enjoy it though.

I looked a bit online and apparently there are easter eggs dropped throughout the earlier episodes. Mannerisms that he does in the flash backs are the same that she does in the present. Her training almost like a man. Some others. It was well done.

I don't know if it's on Netflix, but I finally got to see 1917. That was awesome. It's sort of a Saving Private Ryan for World War I.

Sam Mendes really puts us on the Western Front.

Last edited:
I looked a bit online and apparently there are easter eggs dropped throughout the earlier episodes. Mannerisms that he does in the flash backs are the same that she does in the present. Her training almost like a man. Some others. It was well done.

My wife called it when the addict cooked for them. Then we started looking for it and it made sense. She also claims Louise entered a pigeon at the end to save herself. That would explain the weird scene at the end with the pigeon In the flat with a green feather. (Color of her aura)

Reactions: dadika13
after episode 1, felt the same tbh...kept going and it got better.

i don’t like chris elliott anyway, so that was hard to overcome.
yeah, elliott gets annoying quickly

I usually think Levy & OHara are reasonably funny, but like you said after the 1st episode I wasn't feeling it, so I moved on.

It’s comic genius. The gay son is hilarious. The only thing I don’t like is the Chris Elliott character. I’ve never thought he was funny. He plays the same guy in everything.

I can't remember his character's name, David? But yeah, Dan Levy's character is one of the best on any show, period--especially the banter with Stevie. Alexis should be annoying to me, but somehow is funny.

The plot isn't new (though the setting is,) but I thought they did a great job of making the evolution of the family members believable.

yeah, elliott gets annoying quickly

I usually think Levy & OHara are reasonably funny, but like you said after the 1st episode I wasn't feeling it, so I moved on.

O'Hara is kind of annoyingly over-the-top in this.

I'm just glad to see someone mention a comedy. You all have been watching some serious stuff.

I am about to finish a series I never caught the first time around, The 4400. I'm enjoying it. It's almost 15 years old now. When this finishes, I'm anxiously awaiting the next season of Upload and the final season of Vikings.

I can't remember his character's name, David? But yeah, Dan Levy's character is one of the best on any show, period--especially the banter with Stevie. Alexis should be annoying to me, but somehow is funny.

The plot isn't new (though the setting is,) but I thought they did a great job of making the evolution of the family members believable.
Alexis’s legs are worth the time to watch...

half way through it. I can’t remember enough of the first one to see a difference yet except maybe the music and mood of it?
There's quite a few difference, but the basic plot is the same. Snyder's is so much better. I will admit that I'm biased, though. Going to give it a second watch today.

if you like prank stuff and eric andre, his new movie is being released on netflix this friday...it’s called bad trip and the clips look hilarious.

I started to watch the wire on HBO max. Not sure if I should say finish or rewatch. I saw the first two seasons, but didn't watch beyond that. Can't remember why I stopped.

I started to watch the wire on HBO max. Not sure if I should say finish or rewatch. I saw the first two seasons, but didn't watch beyond that. Can't remember why I stopped.
I finally got around to getting HBO, so I need to check this show. It's main writer is the same dude that did Homicide, which was really good for a network TV show.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I finally got around to getting HBO, so I need to check this show. It's main writer is the same dude that did Homicide, which was really good for a network TV show.
I ditched HBO when I went to streaming instead of cable. Picked it back up last week to watch the Snyder cut. I'll probably keep it through 2021 because of the same day premiere that they are doing.

digging into last chance u: basketball on netflix and it’s kinda relevant right now.

it was great for football, glad they did one for basketball.

Just finished Season 2 of The OA. I really enjoyed the series but was disappointed partway through to learn (via IMDB) that the show was cancelled before it could shoot a conclusion so it just sort of "stops."

Just finished Season 2 of The OA. I really enjoyed the series but was disappointed partway through to learn (via IMDB) that the show was cancelled before it could shoot a conclusion so it just sort of "stops."
I watched that one a while back. Thought it was pretty good as well. Sucks that it was cancelled. Apparently, there was some talk about doing a film to finish the story, but the writers weren't interested.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?

I’m one of those that thinks The Wire is the best show in TV History.

Season 2 is rough on first watch. However, I think season 3 is the best season by far.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I’m one of those that thinks The Wire is the best show in TV History.

Season 2 is rough on first watch. However, I think season 3 is the best season by far.
I'm starting season four right now. It's definitely good, but saying it's the best is a stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT