Next Year’s Starting QB?

Who will start at QB for us in ‘19?

• Elliott

• Surratt

• Ruder

• Fortin

• Howell

Results are only viewable after voting.
whatever rh, looks to be mostly one person to me but if you read it differently that's ok. i'm just glad he's not the qb anymore

whatever rh, looks to be mostly one person to me but if you read it differently that's ok.
giphy.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
not really, just trying to understand where this anti-chazz talk is coming from. coming out of last season he was undersized for LB but he did put on weight and got up to 230. a little surprised some of the guys who had been playing LB for years couldn't compete with a converted QB but maybe chazz just put in more effort. let the best man play. but if it makes you feel better to nit pick my posts then have fun my friend - you'll get plenty of chances. i am impressed you got rif so quickly though. difference of opinion is a big part of what makes these threads interesting.

i can see how it would be a touchy subject for chazz. any discussion about the move to LB probably brings up thoughts about the failed QB experience. if you can find some unique way to bring it up without bringing the QB experience into play it would be OK, otherwise i would just let it go. i haven't gone back to look at the old posts but i mostly remember people thinking a move to safety, TE or WR would be more likely but not a lot of people saying he would be a pure bust at LB. to me it says as much about our recent LB recruiting/development as it does about chazz. it's definitely a position of need and if chazz can fill that need best then i say great for chazz and great for the team.

I don't think he failed as a QB and I don't think he believes he failed. He was pretty good when healty as a RS frosh. He had one bad partial game at Miami last year under very difficult circumstances, most of which aren't for public consumption at this time.

It's a touchy subject because of how things went down before and after the injury last September. I'll leave it at that for now.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Naysayers about him as a QB? I don't recall anybody asserting that he could not be a sound LB, though I don't recall anyone suggesting it either.

A large number of top level safeties in the old days played QB in HS, and more than a few played QB at least at the start of college. In the NFL, where players are bigger, he might be asked to play S. He has the speed.

He will be 6’3” and 240 lbs next year. That is bigger than most NFL LBers. Let the talk of him playing Safety go.

If you saw Bateman’s comments from the S.C. game, you would have heard him say that Chazz did something that maybe 20 NFL teams have one player that can do. It was a specific coverage that he did.

If you saw Bateman’s comments from the S.C. game, you would have heard him say that Chazz did something that maybe 20 NFL teams have one player that can do. It was a specific coverage that he did.

"He made a play, it was the second quarter (and) it was a 3-by-1 formation, a number three vertical, and he went and grabbed number three and broke the throw to the tight end. That’s a coverage that about 28 of the 32 NFL teams play, and I’d say about 20 of them have a guy that can do that"

https://northcarolina.rivals.com/news/longo-bateman-pressers-notes-quotes

I am suggesting that Ruder is a little better than Howell. I am suggesting that the coaches recruited Howell and have a slight bias toward him that they don't even realize. Both Ruder and Howell are good and potentially excellent

Reactions: Ruder6
we had 3 really good options at QB going into the season and i would have been happy with any of them. what we don't really know is the exact health of the 3. sounds like a couple were a little banged up which may have played to howell's favor. i feel like the coaches are doing what they feel is best and gives us the best chance for a win. but i hope all 3 succeed somehow (for us or someone else)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT