ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

@Heelicious hope it doesn’t come down to this, but…

Clearly they got so screwed there on third down, but the call by officials on 4th down was correct. Regardless it should have been a TD on 3rd down. I can't believe you punchi it up the gut four times from the one and can't get one yard. That is ol' Jason Garrett level creativity.

That blown call and a very suspect holding call took 10-14 points off the board for the Cowboys. Shouldn't have been as close as it was.

That said, when Pats went up 21-20, I was convinced somehow Cowboys would find a way to lose. But I love the way this team fought back. Diggs, (and I don't blame him so much on the large pass against him....the safety behind him was atrocious on that play)....
and ALL their WRs and Dak were just lights out all day. That last throw by Dak was quite a throw...on the run, both feet off the turf, threw it about 30 yards in the air, right on the money.

So happy for the win. They have a three+ game lead on rest of the division. I just hope they can stay healthy.

I am going to try to get a ticket to the Cowboys Vikings game on Halloween night. I haven't been to a game in a while, and never in US Bank stadium. If both Cowboys and Vikings play at same level (ie both play their A game or B game or C game) - Cowboys win by two TDs at least.

Reactions: gteeitup
saw this live and it was brutal…my brain has been trying to figure this kickoff stuff out, but it might not be able to be adjusted more than it already has been.

maybe the college rule????
It was a great game. I saw it live, too... Ward went limp!

Yeah and aj green’s route at the end has created so much of a stir that it has fueled his retirement announcement haha…like, that’s his walk-off.
Did he announce a retirement? I didn't know that. I was pulling for the Cardinals, and was like "WTF! DUDE!!!" I thought they mismanaged the clock at the end, too. Oh, well.

A lot of the night games this season have been really good and down-to-the-wire.

Did he announce a retirement? I didn't know that. I was pulling for the Cardinals, and was like "WTF! DUDE!!!" I thought they mismanaged the clock at the end, too. Oh, well.

A lot of the night games this season have been really good and down-to-the-wire.
lol no, but watch the route…he gave up as to say, i’m done.

@gteeitup I went to the Cowboys / Vikings game last night. First half was meh, but the second half, especially the end, was pretty exciting.

I think there were about 20+% Cowboys fans there last night and they were pretty loud in the 4th quarter.

While Cooper Rush got so bailed out by Vikings dropping a few INTs, including that crazy tip / juggle catch by Amari Cooper to keep the last drive alive....he is NOT the answer.

They need to find a better backup. Someone with arm strength and pocket presence. So many of his throws were soft, floating, short, and/or behind the WR. So lucky to get away with one INT because it could've easily been about 5.

When Gallup come back they should see if they can trade one of their WRs #4-6 for a very good backup. Or sign someone like Cam Newton. Even if Cam can't throw deep balls anymore, I am guessing he can move around in the pocket still. Cooper in no way looks like an NFL QB.

@gteeitup I went to the Cowboys / Vikings game last night. First half was meh, but the second half, especially the end, was pretty exciting.

I think there were about 20+% Cowboys fans there last night and they were pretty loud in the 4th quarter.

While Cooper Rush got so bailed out by Vikings dropping a few INTs, including that crazy tip / juggle catch by Amari Cooper to keep the last drive alive....he is NOT the answer.

They need to find a better backup. Someone with arm strength and pocket presence. So many of his throws were soft, floating, short, and/or behind the WR. So lucky to get away with one INT because it could've easily been about 5.

When Gallup come back they should see if they can trade one of their WRs #4-6 for a very good backup. Or sign someone like Cam Newton. Even if Cam can't throw deep balls anymore, I am guessing he can move around in the pocket still. Cooper in no way looks like an NFL QB.
i hear ya, but i’m not sure who else would want to be a backup(if that makes sense)…i didn’t want to pay foles or fitzpatrick, so rush is what he is…the playbook doesn’t change with him so i guess that’s part of the reason the staff likes him…he did cut it loose in the 2nd half, the throw to wilson was a freakin dart.

tomorrow is trade day, so we’ll see…they aren’t going to pay gallup so they could move him or let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick.

that’s awesome that you were able to witness that win…the “coop” chant at the end was loud, even on tv.

• Love
Reactions: Heelicious
i hear ya, but i’m not sure who else would want to be a backup(if that makes sense)…i didn’t want to pay foles or fitzpatrick, so rush is what he is…the playbook doesn’t change with him so i guess that’s part of the reason the staff likes him…he did cut it loose in the 2nd half, the throw to wilson was a freakin dart.

tomorrow is trade day, so we’ll see…they aren’t going to pay gallup so they could move him or let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick.

that’s awesome that you were able to witness that win…the “coop” chant at the end was loud, even on tv.
We had tix way up in the nose bleeds, but we had been in a car for many hours earlier in the day traveling back from out of town. So it was good to stand. We staked out a place in a standing room area in lower concourse, where you could place food and drinks and watch the game, pretty close to the field. We saw the whole field really well. That was an excellent choice for us. Where our actual seats were, the players would have looked like gnats or ants.

You are right and I get and agree with your comments. His throw to Wilson was very nice. And go back and see how Wilson turned Harrison Smith around a couple times on the end of his TD. Just funny how bad he bamboozled him to get in for the score.

I doubt they have better options, I suppose. I hope Dak and Moore and whoever else was in Rush's grill early, about "when you play / throw soft and careful and aim the ball too much, that is when mistakes happen."

He did look better in the second half for sure. I think with Dak, maybe they win by two+ TDs.

It's maybe a moot point anyway. I don't see how Dak isn't out there next week if he keeps getting more healed. The division is about in the bag already barring major injuries, but they have to play considering if they can get home field or even an outside shot at the overall first round bye.

The special teams glitches, like not getting off the field on 4th and 5 which led to a FG...absolutely zero excuse for that. All you have to do is stay onside to get the ball back. How hard can that be. Coaches should've been furious. Usually a mistake like that alone are enough to lose you a game against a decent opponent.

FWIW - nobody ever was saying Coop for Cooper Rush 🤣

I think individual game balls are dumb and disrespecting to everyone else who played hard and well, but if given out, I'd have given them out in this order....

1) Amari - man is he a great route runner, and great focus on catching the ball and getting feet down
2) Micah
3) Cedric Wilson

One other thing....the Vikings fans have psychological trauma generally, expecting something bad to happen to them in the end, because throughout history it has, so many times. A few people around me were sure they were going to lose. The how was all that was in question. In that regard, I felt / feel bad for them as a fan base. They are pretty ticked off / tired of Zimmer and the coordinators, and many want them gone.

Two second day picks? Wtf? That’s an incredible bargain
and i’m not sure they have a 1st for the next ten years lol

eta: i’m thinking the broncos are packaging picks to make at run a qb this off-season…because at 4-4, they’ve all of sudden thrown up the “we’re out” sign?

Last edited:
It's a rental though for just the rest of the season. After that, Miller is an unrestricted free agent. So, you have to put it in that context.
And - I saw the stats somewhere they listed on Von Miller so far this year. They were very mediocre. And he is getting up in age for an NFL player especially coming off an injury.

Still - he does have a chance to do more in LA than Denver, I'm guessing. There are a lot more strong defensive players in LA than Denver, so he likely won't be getting double teamed as much

And - I saw the stats somewhere they listed on Von Miller so far this year. They were very mediocre. And he is getting up in age for an NFL player especially coming off an injury.

Still - he does have a chance to do more in LA than Denver, I'm guessing. There are a lot more strong defensive players in LA than Denver, so he likely won't be getting double teamed as much
Agree completely. With the big fella on the line for the Rams drawing all the double teams, Von Miller may have a bit of a resurgence and make a considerable contribution for the Rams D. It's a win win for both sides as it's pretty clear that the Broncos had no plans to resign him going forward unless it was for a team friendly deal, and they can still do that. The Rams gave up little and get an improved rush for 9 games and playoffs. Today will be interesting if there are any other last minute deals since the deadline is 4:00 pm.

would you have given up a 6th rounder for melvin ingram?…i would’ve in a second.

@Heelicious this guy got released today…i mean, he’s a great dude and it’s a freakin miracle he was even playing and got a 2nd contract, but this is why he can’t do it.

Yah I feel bad for Jaylon because by all accounts he was a good guy but was over the top in some thongs he did on and off the field. He’s set for life so you can’t feel too bad for him. I heard rumors about Dallas signing him back which would be a mistake.

I saw the Cowboys cut the guy who jumped offsides on 4th and 5 on Sunday night. I assume/ hope it wasn’t just because of that play. I hope they have some plans to fill back that slot better.

Aaron Rodgers….WTF YOU DOING?!!!!

son of a….

He tests positive for covid and is out Sunday BUT….

This has revealed the guy evidently lied/mislead to the media about his vax status and was allowed to avoid unvaxxed player protocols all season by the packers. Gonna be interesting to see how the league deals with it.

son of a….

This has revealed the guy evidently lied/mislead to the media about his vax status and was allowed to avoid unvaxxed player protocols all season by the packers. Gonna be interesting to see how the league deals with it.

I’m here for it.

Rodgers is a prick. I hope he takes a ton of heat for it.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

son of a….

also through a huge halloween party, so there’s some conduct detrimental stuff going on.

son of a….

This IS absolutely crazy. I think he used some cloaked, code message like "I've been immunized" or something of the sort. Maybe meaning he already had COVID, and had antibodies, natural immunity?

At any rate, Packer Nation (fans) and the coaches, owners, etc. - even the big dogs in the NFL front office like Goodell - all have to be major pissed. I'm not saying what AaRod did was right or wrong....just that a lot of grief and punishment, fines, scorn is going to pour down on him.

He is borderline a little mental (neurotic?) Just sort of an odd duck - sure marches to his own drum. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think he certainly has to miss the next two games. I wonder if they will tie other player positive test back to him.

...and, I know the thing everyone else cares least about in the world is someone else's fantasy football team....

but in the last week, I lost Derrick Henry, Aaron Rodgers, and Calvin Ridley (who just decided to take time off from football - nice).

I went from projected #1 in our 12 team league - to #8, and that was before AaRod was listed as out. All in a week. Good times!

...and, I know the thing everyone else cares least about in the world is someone else's fantasy football team....

but in the last week, I lost Derrick Henry, Aaron Rodgers, and Calvin Ridley (who just decided to take time off from football - nice).

I went from projected #1 in our 12 team league - to #8, and that was before AaRod was listed as out. All in a week. Good times!

Dude, I’ve lost Russ and Henry. And then thinking I was being clever, I picked up Michael Thomas a few weeks ago and was just waiting on him to get active. Now he’s out for the year due to a setback. I feel you.

• Haha

Brutal

jump on in, the water’s fine

• Haha
the giants reportedly have about twenty players with the covid…no fantasy issues there @Heelicious
For real.

Last Monday Jon Stewart on the MNF Manning cast asked "what exactly are the Giants built for?" That question stumped Eli.

Stewart quipped, "to me it looks like they are built only for eating at Old Country Buffet."

I laughed. I've always thought Stewart was pretty darn funny and likable if he didn't get too political.

For real.

Last Monday Jon Stewart on the MNF Manning cast asked "what exactly are the Giants built for?" That question stumped Eli.

Stewart quipped, "to me it looks like they are built only for eating at Old Country Buffet."

I laughed. I've always thought Stewart was pretty darn funny and likable if he didn't get too political.

Have you ever been to an Old Country Buffet?….ON WEED?

• Haha
For real.

I've got to start watching the Manning boys. I caught a small snippet one night and I wasn't impressed, but I keep hearing good things.

I agree exactly about Jon Stewart. He is thoroughly enjoyable when he isn't being so pointedly political. I saw one of his shows being taped and I was absolutely amazed at how flawlessly the production went. Not a single hiccup.

Some of the funniest stuff on TV was his older show where Stephen Colbert was a 'correspondent', and politics wasn't the only subject. Colbert himself was hilarious as well. I remember one highly edited (for humorous effect) bit where Colbert was trying to get an obviously gay guy to admit that he was gay, and I was ROFL. But today, the hypocrite would be making derogatory jokes about those who might do exactly what he did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT