ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

as long as i have nothing invested in the game, i love it…if dallas is playing, i have to leave it on the broadcast…otherwise, i agree.

why are they off?
Just taking a break. I think they just tried it as a pilot, and didn't know up front how well it would work. I wonder how much these guys are getting paid, compared to say what Tony Romo is making.

I think they said they'd be back week 7.

It is a little distracting in that they get into some story, and you know or hear nothing about the last play that was run, what is going on in the game, etc. It sometimes is a little hard to balance / awkward, with them having a guest on and trying to keep the guest engaged and to comment on the game at the same time, but they seem to do OK at it.

But given the down time in games (I think someone said there is actually <12 minutes of actual live action in a 3+ hour NFL game broadcast), they do a good job of filling.

Reactions: gteeitup
Just taking a break. I think they just tried it as a pilot, and didn't know up front how well it would work. I wonder how much these guys are getting paid, compared to say what Tony Romo is making.

I think they said they'd be back week 7.

It is a little distracting in that they get into some story, and you know or hear nothing about the last play that was run, what is going on in the game, etc. It sometimes is a little hard to balance / awkward, with them having a guest on and trying to keep the guest engaged and to comment on the game at the same time, but they seem to do OK at it.

But given the down time in games (I think someone said there is actually <12 minutes of actual live action in a 3+ hour NFL game broadcast), they do a good job of filling.
I watched the Peyton/Eli broadcast and loved it! They had LeBron James and Nick Saban on with them... and, their DAD! It was much more fun.

I watched the Peyton/Eli broadcast and loved it! They had LeBron James and Nick Saban on with them... and, their DAD! It was much more fun.
No way it was because of Eli. That guy is just dull and awkward. In that new hot sauce commercial he's in, the bottle has more personality than he does. It's painful to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
No way it was because of Eli. That guy is just dull and awkward. In that new hot sauce commercial he's in, the bottle has more personality than he does. It's painful to watch.
I don't know if you're familiar with the black crowes, but it's like watching Chris and rich Robinson commentate. Chris talks all the time, rich Robinson doesn't say a word.

• Haha
@Heelicious the cows offense is unstoppable…can’t wait until they are fully healthy on both sides.
Agreed! Getting Lael Collins back (what a knucklehead!) and then Gallup, too. I am liking their offense a lot.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think maybe the biggest factor stopping them could be McCarthy. He left points on the field by going for two frequently, and missing out. If he just takes the points on extra points, it doesn't come down to a one score game, late.

And I guess McCarthy had Diggs off the field some in the 4th quarter. Two more INTs yesterday, one or more in each game this season, and leads the league. Almost more turnovers than the entire team last year.

The guy is literally playing like the best DB in the league, and is not hurt, not gassed I assume. No way can he be off the field for extended time at that point.

Agreed! Getting Lael Collins back (what a knucklehead!) and then Gallup, too. I am liking their offense a lot.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think maybe the biggest factor stopping them could be McCarthy. He left points on the field by going for two frequently, and missing out. If he just takes the points on extra points, it doesn't come down to a one score game, late.

And I guess McCarthy had Diggs off the field some in the 4th quarter. Two more INTs yesterday, one or more in each game this season, and leads the league. Almost more turnovers than the entire team last year.

The guy is literally playing like the best DB in the league, and is not hurt, not gassed I assume. No way can he be off the field for extended time at that point.
mm and his game management skills are just awful…never knew about it in green bay, but apparently it existed there as well.

mm and his game management skills are just awful…never knew about it in green bay, but apparently it existed there as well.
Oh for sure. Where I work and live there are a lot of Green Bay fans. I know few who really supported MM, and many hated him. I can recall a couple playoff games where the Packers lost and MM caught a ton of heat for being way too cautious, and / or epic mismanagement. Going into prevent, playing not to lose, taking foot off the gas, etc.

One where it took a basic miracle / comedy of errors and mismanagement for Packers to lose out to Seattle - for a trip to the Superbowl.

Last edited:
the chargers uniforms tonight might be the best in all of pro sports.

as the kids today say “nice fit”

@Heelicious cows just released jaylon…they aren’t effing around…time to win.
LOL too funny. I saw part of the Panther game in MGM in Vegas, but had to leave for my flight at halftime. He had one solo tackle for a 3-5 yard gain, and you'd think he just got a sack fumble returned for a TD, the way he was celebrating.

That was the only tackle he had all game. 1 total. Pathetic, for how much he plays. I'd say people could feel sorry for him, and commend him for coming back from his severe foot/leg/nerve injury issues out of college.

But he has brought the scorn on himself with the way he does all this over-the-top celebration even when they are getting beaten badly, his utterly stupid buying for a lot of money, the right to wear #9, his fake hustle style of play, etc.

I wonder if they get out from under any of what they are paying him, and if they can find someone to pick up to replace him. Most of their draft picks and free agency signings are playing really well, though.

@gteeitup do you know why they cut him now? Maybe they had to do it exactly now to avoid paying him big money in 2022. That's what I inferred from the ESPN article, anyway. They couldn't work out a trade. Nobody wanted to pick up his salary. But they could have left him on practice squad or deactivate him week to week. But then maybe they would be locked into paying him in 2022?

Last edited:
LOL too funny. I saw part of the Panther game in MGM in Vegas, but had to leave for my flight at halftime. He had one solo tackle for a 3-5 yard gain, and you'd think he just got a sack fumble returned for a TD, the way he was celebrating.

That was the only tackle he had all game. 1 total. Pathetic, for how much he plays. I'd say people could feel sorry for him, and commend him for coming back from his severe foot/leg/nerve injury issues out of college.

But he has brought the scorn on himself with the way he does all this over-the-top celebration even when they are getting beaten badly, his utterly stupid buying for a lot of money, the right to wear #9, his fake hustle style of play, etc.

I wonder if they get out from under any of what they are paying him, and if they can find someone to pick up to replace him. Most of their draft picks and free agency signings are playing really well, though.

@gteeitup do you know why they cut him now? Maybe they had to do it exactly now to avoid paying him big money in 2022. That's what I inferred from the ESPN article, anyway. They couldn't work out a trade. Nobody wanted to pick up his salary. But they could have left him on practice squad or deactivate him week to week. But then maybe they would be locked into paying him in 2022?
totally agree with your assessment.

they tried to trade him, but no takers for that player at that salary…what i read was 2022 was a guaranteed year even if he’s injured at $9.2 mill…also, dan quinn has literally cut his snaps by 2/3 so my guess is he got in jerry’s ear and said “he can’t play in our system” which is great news because you know how much jerry loves to hold onto aging vets that can’t play.

i hope someone picks him up to offset the $7 mill base the team is on the hook for this year.

also of note, gilmore was just cut from the patriots…i’m dreaming of him landing in dallas, but he’s hurt as well and probably wants $10-$15 mill…smh, they aren’t paying that.

Last edited:
I agree with every word you typed above.

Diggs is a stud, too. Actually their whole secondary has taken a big step up from last year.

Agree entirely on McCarthy as coach. He sort of screwed up the end of first half last night, though it wasn't too egregious. I guess I feel like Kellen Moore is doing OK, but you have to be able to design a play to get a half yard at the goal line. Play action fake and roll Dak out to pass or run....so hard to defend.

I give McCarthy no vote of confidence. He just doesn't do it for me. But I am liking the way they are playing as a team.
As a packer fan a common complaint about McCarthy was that he out coached himself. It seemed like there would constantly be situations where he seemed to think “I know what would make sense to do but they’re thinking I’m gonna do that so I’m gonna do the opposite”

@gteeitup - it looks like the Cheese picked up Jaylon. Does that mean some immediate cap relief for the Cowboys?

I will have to save that epic pic / tweet you shared above, and send it to my Packer friends.

The way things seem to go for the Packers though, Jaylon will now start playing like an all-pro. (Or, maybe he could become a locker room cancer. Who knows?)

@gteeitup - it looks like the Cheese picked up Jaylon. Does that mean some immediate cap relief for the Cowboys?

I will have to save that epic pic / tweet you shared above, and send it to my Packer friends.

The way things seem to go for the Packers though, Jaylon will now start playing like an all-pro. (Or, maybe he could become a locker room cancer. Who knows?)
contract details aren’t out, but whatever he makes for the packers will be deducted from his owed $7.2 mill.

it’s a good place for him if he doesn’t have to do too much.

eta: no cap credit for the $770,000 one year deal…must be contract language.

Last edited:
the nfl would be so much better to just run retro uniforms out there rather than the sh*t these orgs are doing…fans aren’t buying these updated rams/seahawks gear.

Last edited:
the nfl would be so much better to just run retro uniforms out there rather than the sh*t these orgs are doing…fans aren’t buying these updates rams/seahawks gear.
Those all neon greens are so nasty. Hard on the eyes. Who is buying that jersey and wearing it all day?

14483042_web1_Raiders-Jets-Football-2-1-3.jpg

It’s da bares week. For packer and bears fans its like unc vs dook but with alcohol. And like unc vs dook the series is incredibly close although packers have the advantage lately. This never gets old.

I'm taking the silence on Gruden to mean that everybody finds the NFL's hypocrisy and fake outrage laughable and just not worthy of comment? I guess everyone agrees that it's embarrassing that the NFL allows Richard Sherman to play while domestic abuse charges are hanging over him from a violent incident just a few weeks ago yet Gruden gets canceled because of offensive remarks he made in private over a decade ago. Good. Glad we all agree here.

I'm taking the silence on Gruden to mean that everybody finds the NFL's hypocrisy and fake outrage laughable and just not worthy of comment? I guess everyone agrees that it's embarrassing that the NFL allows Richard Sherman to play while domestic abuse charges are hanging over him from a violent incident just a few weeks ago yet Gruden gets canceled because of offensive remarks he made in private over a decade ago. Good. Glad we all agree here.
I was under the impression that he resigned over emails sent to a business account of the former redskins spanning 8 yrs up until 2018 (the end of the scope of the investigation) that made disparaging remarks about blacks, women, and gays. Having said that I agree about the nfl hypocrisy.

I was under the impression that he resigned over emails sent to a business account of the former redskins spanning 8 yrs that made disparaging remarks about blacks, women, and gays. Having said that I agree about the nfl hypocrisy.

He sent PRIVATE emails to his buddy, Bruce Allen, who was the GM of the Redskins at the time. Am I missing your point?

He sent PRIVATE emails to his buddy, Bruce Allen, who was the GM of the Redskins at the time. Am I missing your point?
You seem to be confusing the reaction to the one email sent ten yrs ago and released a couple days ago to the new ones released yesterday sent to various people that span 8 yrs ending in 2018. But like I said I agree with your take on nfl hypocrisy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT