ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2023-24

I will freely admit that that is a lot of what I loved about football. I've always favored the defensive side of the line. BUT...when I first became a fan when I was a kid, there was a difference. The players were probably meaner and tougher and definitely had less humanity about them, but they weren't as athletic. When money started raining down, more athletic players who wouldn't have risked their necks before, then started signing up. There was plenty of nastiness before, but that's when the insanely ferocious hits started taking place.

As much as I loved the violence of it, I don't mind seeing it toned down some. Nice having video though, isn't it?

i can’t figure out dallas or the chargers…they should be forcing people to quit…they literally have everything.

howell looked okay today, but he’s not getting any help up front and rivera keeps making dumb decisions…they should’ve gone for two to win the game.

lastly, i can’t wait for the swelce-tay trav, break-up song lol.

rip dick butkus
I wonder if he'll donate his brain to see how much CTE deposits are in his brain tissue. When I heard the comparison to clogging up plumbing pipes with cement, I said man, that's all I need to hear.

I wonder if he'll donate his brain to see how much CTE deposits are in his brain tissue. When I heard the comparison to clogging up plumbing pipes with cement, I said man, that's all I need to hear.
so he’s been very clear and very cognizant of the everyday things on social media as of the last year, so that’ll be interesting to see…but judging from the highlights the nfl puts out, he should be the test case because violence was his game…he was 80, posted regularly(if it was indeed him and not a rep) and he was still going to games.

sadly, my friend who played safety at scarolina and later in the nfl had to quit his sports talk radio job because of it…he’s still sounds great and still has a normal life, but he “cannot be consistent” as he says.

Reactions: strummingram
MV5BMTAwMTExNzY3MzleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDgyMTU0MjQ@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Heelicious
watching this game with the next gen stats/graphics…it obvious howell doesn’t have time, but the routes up until now have been shit…the bears i believe have the worst pass rush win rate, which again, speaks volumes about the washington protection.

howell is not seeing anything breaking or he’s going for the first option…is he playing scared, maybe…just looks like his first read is his only play.

He had another solid game. That D hasn't been as good as advertised.
I'll take the one INT if you can get those other lasers. Not to mention at least 2 major drops. Dyami dropped a TD pass and Logan Thomas dropped close to a touchdown pass.

the nyg have two starting offensive linemen from carolina and both cannot block.

i know one is starting for another guy, but “ why do you draft guys that show they can’t pass protect???

Media is starting to turn on Sam because of the sacks. Might actually be a good thing because he's shown enough that someone would trade to get him as a starter. He clearly has the ability to do that behind a good line.

Media is starting to turn on Sam because of the sacks. Might actually be a good thing because he's shown enough that someone would trade to get him as a starter. He clearly has the ability to do that behind a good line.
He's been sacked the 2nd most in the league behind the Houston Texans QB.

It's pretty sad how far Washington has fallen, and keeps falling.

He's been sacked the 2nd most in the league behind the Houston Texans QB.

It's pretty sad how far Washington has fallen, and keeps falling.
Some of that is on him, but it's mostly the OL. Sam can be coached to get rid of it quicker. He's essentially a rookie. He just needs a little more experience. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would love to have Sam right now.

Some of that is on him, but it's mostly the OL. Sam can be coached to get rid of it quicker. He's essentially a rookie. He just needs a little more experience. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would love to have Sam right now.
I also believe that to be true, but then you have to understand that that has been a work in need of progress for a long time. I used to bitch about the lack of coaching in that respect when he was still with us. There's a lot to be overcome there.

i hope he can get better at it, but just not sure sam can learn pocket awareness to chase those ghosts away…the closest comp for me was always baker mayfield with better arm strength…has baker gotten over it?…he had a good line in cleveland and then what since?…tampa is okay, but the panthers?

rivera is basically gone so we’ll see where they go next.

I also believe that to be true, but then you have to understand that that has been a work in need of progress for a long time. I used to bitch about the lack of coaching in that respect when he was still with us. There's a lot to be overcome there.
It would be nice to see him traded to a better staff. Somewhere like the Patriots. My concern is the new owners clean house and the next coach wants to start fresh with his own QB. Hopefully they would trade him away instead of benching him.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that he's basically a rookie. He's making rookie mistakes and needs time to correct them.

Reactions: bluetoe
Sam with a great game today, unfortunately he plays on a team that resembles UNC's defense.
Had one costly INT. But... the refs were robbing Washington the whole damn game, too.

Sam did look really good today. He wasn't getting sacked all the time!

Had one costly INT. But... the refs were robbing Washington the whole damn game, too.

Sam did look really good today. He wasn't getting sacked all the time!
It's amazing what not having someone constantly tracking you down can do for your performance.

Sam with a great game today, unfortunately he plays on a team that resembles UNC's defense.
I watched the highlights on youtube. He lit it up with a near perfect completion percentage until late in the game, and he still finished with a good number, and four TD's (one (?) int). On the plays that were shown, he was getting pretty decent protection, which bears out the theory that lack of protection is what has been degrading his performance. Maybe that will shut the naysayers up for a while.

I watched the highlights on youtube. He lit it up with a near perfect completion percentage until late in the game, and he still finished with a good number, and four TD's (one (?) int). On the plays that were shown, he was getting pretty decent protection, which bears out the theory that lack of protection is what has been degrading his performance. Maybe that will shut the naysayers up for a while.
His perforce has been solid before today, with the exception of that four interception game. If he were a rookie people would have him in the mix for ROY.

His perforce has been solid before today, with the exception of that four interception game. If he were a rookie people would have him in the mix for ROY.
he has a QBR of 46. I wouldn't look for a POY award just yet either. His passer rating is decent, 90.

Sam just closed out the second half of the Patriots game with one of the worst interceptions in the history of the game. I have no idea what he was even remotely thinking. In the end zone, straight to a patriot. Brain fart.

Sam just closed out the second half of the Patriots game with one of the worst interceptions in the history of the game. I have no idea what he was even remotely thinking. In the end zone, straight to a patriot. Brain fart.
did you see that dime he just through?

looked like two receivers were in the same area, but it’s still a td for your team.

looked like two receivers were in the same area, but it’s still a td for your team.
Yes, I did. A lot of his receivers dropped some of the better passes he throws. But that interception before the half was just a head scratcher, to say the least

They also called a roughing the passer on Washington, when the Patriots were third and 11, and it was nothing more than a QB sack. And they gave him roughing the passer. I can barely watch NFL football anymore.

Yes, I did. A lot of his receivers dropped some of the better passes he throws. But that interception before the half was just a head scratcher, to say the least
e.g. Diami had a TD go through his hands. Not the easiest catch to make ever, but entirely catchable.

The int. was a shame if there ever was one, Sam had been nailing it up until then.

Ended up bouncing back and having a decent game. That's what you want to see from a young QB when they make a mistake.

I only watch it so I can see Sam, and I want him succeed.
I think he's definitely doing that at a pretty high level all things considered. Not saying he's playing like a top 5 QB, but when you take into account he's basically a rookie playing behind that OL, with a D that is suspect then he's doing pretty good.

Reactions: strummingram
I think he's definitely doing that at a pretty high level all things considered. Not saying he's playing like a top 5 QB, but when you take into account he's basically a rookie playing behind that OL, with a D that is suspect then he's doing pretty good.
I am, admittedly, not an evaluator of football talent. But, I do wonder if Drake is ready for the NFL. I probably should have put this on the football discussion board instead of NFL. But it does apply.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT