ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2023-24

Something no one is mentioning is that belichek has great respect for mcarthy. He was very vocal in his disapproval of Green Bay getting rid of him. If McCarthy leaves for any other reason other than resigning I don’t think belichek gives them a sniff.

It’s crazy how much disrespect McCarthy gets. The dude AVERAGED going 10-6 at green bay in 13 seasons with 9 playoff appearances. At Dallas he’s AVERAGED going 10-6 as well over four seasons. That’s 17 seasons averaging 10-6. That’s pretty damn strong. All I heard at Green Bay and at Dallas is that he’s not fiery enough and his teams come out flat at times. If I’m the panthers I’m on the phone in a second if he leaves.

for me, with mccarthy, it’s game day decisions, clock management, and details…the pre-snap penalties to me are about details…throwing the ball vs detroit at the end, that’s inexcusable…it hasn’t stopped for three years.

the qb is an entirely different problem…he cannot handle big moments…up by 20 or down by 20 he’s a fantasy football dream…in a big moment, he’s not good.

for me, with mccarthy, it’s game day decisions, clock management, and details…the pre-snap penalties to me are about details…throwing the ball vs detroit at the end, that’s inexcusable…it hasn’t stopped for three years.

the qb is an entirely different problem…he cannot handle big moments…up by 20 or down by 20 he’s a fantasy football dream…in a big moment, he’s not good.
Yes and it’s also true that avging 10-6 is just not good enough for either fan bases without deep playoff runs to go along with it. He’s not a great coach. But he’s not a bad one either. There’s numerous teams that have had bad coaches for a while that could use him.

It’s depressing to see these mock drafts showing the commanders taking maye
He's going to end up with the same problems Sam had. Good news for him is that it won't matter if he sucks because first round picks always get three years to make it work. I just hope Sam gets traded to a better situation instead of sitting on the bench in Washington.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
i still don’t understand two calls in this game, but the lack of discipline from the ravens was unbelievable.

the kelce shit before the game was a bitch move…get in someone’s face that you’re up against, not the kicker.

thought he learned that the nfl is like a bottle of red, just let it breathe, it tells its own story…a lot of extra, unnecessary stuff.
but the sports audience has been purposely expanded for commercial reasons to include many who tune in just to hear somebody jaw. The game itself is almost lost anymore.

Reactions: gteeitup
Lions helped them out by not kicking a FG to go up 17, didn’t make it on 4th down and swung the momentum

i would absolutely love to play for a coach like campbell…they were 15/20 on 4th & 3 or shorter, which is incredible.

he believes in his players and his approach…the players lost that game.

Reactions: Heelicious
The niners evidently did not know about the overtime rules change and that explains why they made the huge blunder of taking the ball first. Not that that’s the reason they lost but it did put them at a huge disadvantage. There’s absolutely no upside to taking the ball first UNLESS you’re thinking it’s the old rules.

The niners evidently did not know about the overtime rules change and that explains why they made the huge blunder of taking the ball first. Not that that’s the reason they lost but it did put them at a huge disadvantage. There’s absolutely no upside to taking the ball first UNLESS you’re thinking it’s the old rules.
Eh, I don't think it was a big deal. Romo was right when he was talking about it could be helpful to rest the defense, because a gassed D isn't going to stop the chiefs. If he puts his defense on the field first and the chiefs win, everyone would talk about how dumb it was not to rest his defense.

shanahan says “we wanted the ball third”…like, what!?!?

his players come out in the post and say they didn’t know the rule change, meanwhile reid drilled his team for scenarios like this for two weeks…now i’m wondering if the 49ers would’ve gone for two to win it if they matched td’s.

shanahan says “we wanted the ball third”…like, what!?!?

his players come out in the post and say they didn’t know the rule change, meanwhile reid drilled his team for scenarios like this for two weeks…now i’m wondering if the 49ers would’ve gone for two to win it if they matched td’s.
you can't be serious. I was going to rib @heelmanwilm for suggesting that they didn't know the rule change. I thought he was joking. How could this possibly be?

This might top Carrol's pass play for coaching blunders.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
you can't be serious. I was going to rib @heelmanwilm for suggesting that they didn't know the rule change. I thought he was joking. How could this possibly be?

This might top Carrol's pass play for coaching blunders.
Yep if u choose to take the ball first there’s three things gonna happen

Don’t score, which obviously isn’t good. And your Opponent now knows a fg wins

FG, now you’re opponent knows what they have to do and will use all four downs since punting is basically forfeiting

TD, once again your opponent knows what they have to do and will once again use all four downs

@tarheel0910 raised a good point about resting the defense but still I can’t help but think they didn’t know the change.

Reactions: bluetoe
i watch the draft every year, kinda nerdy about it.

not really keyed in where drake goes, but if he doesn’t go 3rd to new england he could fall out of the top 10.

i’m really curious about walker and gray…i see walker in the 3rd and gray in the 4th…really deep draft for wr, probably four elite…very top heavy for lb’s, maybe none in the 1st…peyton wilson would be a first round pick but his shoulders are made of glass…gray might go ahead of him.

good luck to all the tar heels this week.

Reactions: Heels Noir

not really keyed in where drake goes, but if he doesn’t go 3rd to new england he could fall out of the top 10.

i’m really curious about walker and gray…i see walker in the 3rd and gray in the 4th…really deep draft for wr, probably four elite…very top heavy for lb’s, maybe none in the 1st…peyton wilson would be a first round pick but his shoulders are made of glass…gray might go ahead of him.

Drake is sporting Carolina blue Jordans with his suit. The shoes match the tie. Sweet.

Reactions: gteeitup

then please explain how it has become such an extravaganza with a throng some thousands of people strong milling around pointlessly. Dumbest thing I've seen since @Heels Noir's last post. whatever that might have been.

And yes, good luck to the Heels involved.

then please explain how it has become such an extravaganza with a throng some thousands of people strong milling around pointlessly. Dumbest thing I've seen since @Heels Noir's last post. whatever that might have been.

And yes, good luck to the Heels involved.
why people go to the event is another thing…i don’t know why people still go to malls, but they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluetoe
Dumbest thing I've seen since @Heels Noir's last post.
The NFL draft's newest sponsor:
images

@bluetoe tonight there’s a sea of people just standing there waiting for a team to pick?…what in total fukks!??!?!?

i need a bathroom, a bar, some popcorn or pistachios, a couch and some breathing space…they’re packed in like the stones are about to show up for a set…f that!!

eta: nfl network just said 275,000 people were there last night…omg no

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT