ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2023-24

probable sb matchup tonight.

@Heelicious not sure dallas can match these teams, health wise and physically…i think the eagles are cooked, so the 5th seed is ok.
Yep SF / Bal Super Bowl seems most likely. A rematch of a past sb but with much different teams. Upsets COULD happen along the way but the other afc and most nfc teams look incomplete, like a mess.

Crazy weekend for the Boys! Last night they played not well and were lucky to win. Their offense is a mess - one player one dimensional. No run game. Mm is worst clock manager ever. And officials botched game huge for BOTH teams. Helluva job, guys!

What a funny imploding dumpster fire Philly is. Embarrassing cave. I love it.

That said I wouldn’t put it past dalllas to lose even with so much on the line next week. They HAVE to treat it like one step below an nfc championship game. It’s that big especially for this team. Two home games against lower teams and avoiding sf - when Dallas has been so much better at home - can’t be overstated.

Yep SF / Bal Super Bowl seems most likely. A rematch of a past sb but with much different teams. Upsets COULD happen along the way but the other afc and most nfc teams look incomplete, like a mess.

Crazy weekend for the Boys! Last night they played not well and were lucky to win. Their offense is a mess - one player one dimensional. No run game. Mm is worst clock manager ever. And officials botched game huge for BOTH teams. Helluva job, guys!

That said I wouldn’t put it past dalllas to lose even with so much on the line next week. They HAVE to treat it like one step below an nfc championship game. It’s that big especially for this team. Two home games against lower teams and avoiding sf - when Dallas has been so much better at home - can’t be overstated.
it's confusing trying to sort out the half-explanations I've heard, but it looks like the Lions actually won that game save for the refs bungling....assuming Dallas wasn't going to come back with 23 seconds left.

Seems like the right thing, the sporting thing to do would be for the Cowboys to forfeit the game to the Lions. I expect Jerry Jones to make the announcement any time now.

Reactions: Heelicious
it's confusing trying to sort out the half-explanations I've heard, but it looks like the Lions actually won that game save for the refs bungling....assuming Dallas wasn't going to come back with 23 seconds left.

Seems like the right thing, the sporting thing to do would be for the Cowboys to forfeit the game to the Lions. I expect Jerry Jones to make the announcement any time now.
@bluetoe well let’s just say the officials didn’t have a banner night in that game. Lots of the confusion was of the Lions intentional making - sending 3 Lions linemen to report as eligible at same time, and then it wasn’t reported to Dallas team and over the speakers correctly.

But there was a bigger more egregious penalty just a few minutes earlier where a Dallas player got called for a 15 yard penalty for tripping when clearly the Detroit player was the one who was guilty of (attempted) tripping.

a 30 yard f up swing by a horrendous (receipts on video) call. These refs are going to get like a life sentence demotion. Won’t sniff the playoffs. If called right - this tripping penalty moves the ball to first down inside Detroit 15 and cowboys run out the clock ( around / under two minutes when this occurred). And none of the last drive and 2 pt conversion happens. At all

Reactions: bluetoe
@bluetoe well let’s just say the officials didn’t have a banner night in that game. Lots of the confusion was of the Lions intentional making - sending 3 Lions linemen to report as eligible at same time, and then it wasn’t reported to Dallas team and over the speakers correctly.

But there was a bigger more egregious penalty just a few minutes earlier where a Dallas player got called for a 15 yard penalty for tripping when clearly the Detroit player was the one who was guilty of (attempted) tripping.

a 30 yard f up swing by a horrendous (receipts on video) call. These refs are going to get like a life sentence demotion. Won’t sniff the playoffs. If called right - this tripping penalty moves the ball to first down inside Detroit 15 and cowboys run out the clock ( around / under two minutes when this occurred). And none of the last drive and 2 pt conversion happens. At all
I knew there was a tripping penalty but I missed it and any replay and much of the discussion. Maybe I can find it on youtube.

There's too much at stake both pro and college to keep allowing these officials to incompetently influence games. I'm not throwing stones, I know for the most part they're doing a job that I wouldn't have for love nor money. But the PTB in both cases could take it more seriously and stop kowtowing to the commercial interests, and do some training...physical training...and establish a competent and effective, not laboriously mind-numbing, review procedure.

Above all else, do something about PI. It's such a joke at this point I almost don't even care to watch.

I've seen several mock drafts that have Drake Maye going to Washington. I guess Sam has not convinced anyone in DC that he's an NFL starter.

I've seen several mock drafts that have Drake Maye going to Washington. I guess Sam has not convinced anyone in DC that he's an NFL starter.
Sam is currently playing on the NFL version of UNC football. Bad coaching, horrible line play and bad defense. Hope he goes somewhere he can start behind a decent line with an average D. Give him that and he can easily get a team to the playoffs.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

did you see the tripping call on dallas with two minutes left, but it was lions player that actually stuck his leg out to trip the tight end 89…the game would’ve been over had they called that correctly…as for the “ineligible” penalty i don’t know what the ref heard, but the announcement was for 70 to be eligible according to reports…not to mention the fact that detroit tries to trick opposing teams by sending multiple linemen to a ref which i guess confuses opponents about who is eligible…it’s a great idea, but if the official doesn’t acknowledge it, then it backfires.

the officials are really bad and something needs to be done other than preventing them from working a playoff game.

did you see the tripping call on dallas with two minutes left, but it was lions player that actually stuck his leg out to trip the tight end 89…the game would’ve been over had they called that correctly…as for the “ineligible” penalty i don’t know what the ref heard, but the announcement was for 70 to be eligible according to reports…not to mention the fact that detroit tries to trick opposing teams by sending multiple linemen to a ref which i guess confuses opponents about who is eligible…it’s a great idea, but if the official doesn’t acknowledge it, then it backfires.

the officials are really bad and something needs to be done other than preventing them from working a playoff game.
that tripping thing, I don't believe that actually happened.

Reactions: gteeitup
not a bears fan, but trade the 1st overall, draft harrison jr and brock bowers, you’re set for a rebuild if you add around that.

I have no use for Tepper or for what the Panthers are with him as owner. But people are calling for a million dollar fine? I think the actual is 300K. He threw a drink on a guy. Big frigging deal. Of course he shouldn't have done it but in a sane world the fan gets 100 bucks for dry cleaning and two tickets to Disney World and Tepper says 'hey, sorry'.

The fine should go straight to some charity. All that being said, this is hilarious...true or otherwise...

Tepper apology

Check out the 'character committee'. LOL.

Last edited:
I have no use for Tepper or for what the Panthers are with him as owner. But people are calling for a million dollar fine? I think the actual is 300K. He threw a drink on a guy. Big frigging deal. Of course he shouldn't have done it but in a sane world the fan gets 100 bucks for dry cleaning and two tickets to Disney World and Tepper says 'hey, sorry'.

The fine should go straight to some charity. All that being said, this is hilarious...true or otherwise...

Tepper apology

Check out the 'character committee'. LOL.
holy s that’s hilarious

that was my favorite qb coming out, but for him to get them to the playoffs in that conference is awesome…and their weapons were out, wow.

that was my favorite qb coming out, but for him to get them to the playoffs in that conference is awesome…and their weapons were out, wow.
I had stroud on my fantasy league after Fields and Deshawn Watson were duds.

He’s the real deal. In hindsight looks like a better pick than Bryce young. Who knows? Most of the Panthers team is weak, undermanned. But Bryce has quite a ways to go to catch up to the start Stroud has gotten off to.

when they went after Young I just shook my head in disgust. When they went after him like they did, I knew I would just have to wait for the next ownership change to pull for the Panthers again.

they better be ready…the rams are hot af right now.
Right. Maybe more balanced team - and I don’t know about Rams defense but Lions defense is pretty sketchy.

what I’m hoping for, though: Rams Bucs and Boys this weekend Boys get TB in Dallas next week and rams upset niners. The cowboys need to beat rams to go to the bowl. Not a given but would be best path for cowboys at home.

Right. Maybe more balanced team - and I don’t know about Rams defense but Lions defense is pretty sketchy.

what I’m hoping for, though: Rams Bucs and Boys this weekend Boys get TB in Dallas next week and rams upset niners. The cowboys need to beat rams to go to the bowl. Not a given but would be best path for cowboys at home.
agree re: cowboys path…and the eagles are without aj brown and hurts hasn’t thrown a ball all week because of a dislocated finger…the nfl playoffs are the best.

agree re: cowboys path…and the eagles are without aj brown and hurts hasn’t thrown a ball all week because of a dislocated finger…the nfl playoffs are the best.
I’m nervous about the cowboys tomorrow but so much seems to be in their favor in this one. If in Green Bay I’d pick Green Bay to win. It is super cold and snowy there. But I just think Dak has heard enough about not getting it done that he will be locked in. Should be a big day against a bad GB defense. They should be able to get to Love pretty often too. Just need to not get gashed by GB run which isn’t great either.

I think best bets of the week are kc in the cold - and to your point - how is Philly favored on the road with no aj brown and maybe a 10-30% Hurts?

To me it’d be a coin flip or slight tb edge even if those two were healthy. Not one team worse than Philly the last 6 weeks. None.

They are being favored based on what they did (eeked by, fooled people) in first 11 weeks. But their d can't stop a nosebleed.

to me, this is worse tonight…i’m for not canceling/moving any of it, but why only buffalo?…those folks are used to that s.
Something about wanting police to be able to help with a blizzard and 60+ mph wind instead of making sure there aren't any streakers at the game.

Playing football in the cold is absolutely f*cking miserable. My fingers hurt just watching this shitshow

@gteeitup the boys finding new creative ways to be even bigger shit shows in playoffs than in previous years which really doesn’t seem possible.

But this means that MM DQ have to be gone. And don’t sign Dak. He doesn’t deserve big money. Let him walk. You could get 40 better qbs to do better in the playoffs.

After about 50 years of watching them, if they don’t clean house tomorrow I am done with them period

Reactions: HEELS1984
@gteeitup the boys finding new creative ways to be even bigger shit shows in playoffs than in previous years which really doesn’t seem possible.

But this means that MM DQ have to be gone. And don’t sign Dak. He doesn’t deserve big money. Let him walk. You could get 40 better qbs to do better in the playoffs.

After about 50 years of watching them, if they don’t clean house tomorrow I am done with them period
while i agree with your points, if they don’t extend 4 he counts like $60 million on the cap because he signed a 4yr deal when most sign 5+…not to mention there are like 10 free agents on the team that they need to make decisions on…the problem with that is they don’t even have seven draft picks this year because of the gilmore and cooks trades…they have to win it this year or they should rebuild.

i have never seen an org this talented in separate years within about a 15 yr span to shit the bed this much.

i don’t even think its ownership anymore…there was a play where #23 pushed lamb in the back on the other side of the field at the end of the play as if showing “i’m here all day”…that’s an attitude thing, dallas just doesn’t do that.

• Love
while i agree with your points, if they don’t extend 4 he counts like $60 million on the cap because he signed a 4yr deal when most sign 5+…not to mention there are like 10 free agents on the team that they need to make decisions on…the problem with that is they don’t even have seven draft picks this year because of the gilmore and cooks trades…they have to win it this year or they should rebuild.

i have never seen an org this talented in separate years within about a 15 yr span to shit the bed this much.

i don’t even think its ownership anymore…there was a play where #23 pushed lamb in the back on the other side of the field at the end of the play as if showing “i’m here all day”…that’s an attitude thing, dallas just doesn’t do that.
Agree with all you said here. I saw that play too. From the beginning, some young unproven mediocre team punking the cowboys at every turn and they just roll over and take it. No fire no toughness no fight at all. Like they were sleepwalking. Both side of the ball looked like they’d never played before. In what should have been biggest game in a couple years - at home to get to another home game. What a fking epic cave. That alone needs to get MM and DQ fired

I have visions of the D C cheerleaders cleaning my house.

As a packer fan I haven’t enjoyed a playoff game that much since Favre and Reggie white beat the niners. Having said that I fully expect the niners to kick the packers’ asses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT