ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina vs South Carolina

Clemson will lay down a beat-down in Cootlumbia in November for sure. But if you guys beat them on 31 August they will be like walking Zombies for much of the rest of the season and Clemson's beat-down on them will be even worse. They just absolutely believe they are much better than UNC because, well, they are the Gamecocks (Gamecoots), and they are SEC. Their 28-0 loss to UVA is ancient history I guess.

Yeah their season could really hinge on our game with them.

Baked-BBQ-Chicken-1-small-1.jpg
!

I as all unc fans are wanting a win against the chickens for all of the very obvious reasons; but most importantly I am sick and tired of hearing how weak the ACC is and it really only has one real team in it. So I would like a win against the almighty and powerful sec or should I say nfl triple a division conference. Tired of hearing the local radio station say it’s the All Cupcakes Conference so dang it guys step up to the challenge (this goes for all the teams too).

Reactions: Archer2
scar in a nutshell: john roche spitting on dean smith and racist mvp over charlie scott , narcissistic jerks lou holtz and steve spurrious, ridiculously claiming to be "the" carolina (# of national championships is irrelevent in their idiot brains), etc etc. for a long long time scar has been a magnet for very bad and/or very stupid people.
jimmy remembers what they are like.
put me down for a big NO on annual games.

Good Morning Tar heels. Looking forward to a good spirited game as we kick off the season in Charlotte renewing an old ACC rivalry.

I can only imagine that you guys are brimming with excitement with Mack Brown coming back. When thinking about it, it kind of reminds me of our 2004 season ending brawl with Clemson, and then getting a shot in the arm beginning the Steve Spurrier era at USC!

As with any coaching change there will be several unknowns, however what can you tell us about your team? Any key starters that are returning, any key losses, what about impact recruits that you expect to be factors for the team?

Appears that you guys had some difficult losses last year, but as we know past results do not necessarily determine the future. (Think Lou Holtz 0-11 to 8-4 the very next season with a lot of the same players)

How do you see this game going? What type of improvements are you hoping to see? What kind of scheme is Mack going to run offensively and defensively? How does your current personnel fit into these schemes? What about special teams?

Just trying to get some real conversations going about this game, and find out what we are up against in an opening game where anything can happen. Muschamp was a former head coach in waiting under Mack while at Texas so they know each other well. It also appears that you have a couple of our former coaches on your staff, including our former head coach Sparky Woods ('89 -'93) who oversaw our transition into the SEC in the 1992 football season.

Feel free to join in on the conversation as we try to get some sort of analysis on this game.

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/breaking-down-unc-what-are-you-hoping-to-see.301784/

Last edited:
jimmy remembers what they are like.
put me down for a big NO on annual games.
If SoCar were in the ACC, I think an annual neutral site game in Charlotte would be great for everyone involved. But there is not much upside for UNC in an annual game vs. SoCar, and because SoCar must play Clemson annually, an annual series with UNC also would not be good for SoCar.

I would love it if we could arrange to play an SEC team roughly every other year.

If SoCar were in the ACC, I think an annual neutral site game in Charlotte would be great for everyone involved. But there is not much upside for UNC in an annual game vs. SoCar, and because SoCar must play Clemson annually, an annual series with UNC also would not be good for SoCar.

I would love it if we could arrange to play an SEC team roughly every other year.

May not be good for them but I would say good for us....I mean it’s the sec for gosh darn sakes

He can be streaky, but the SCAR qb might be the second best qb we face this yr behind Trevor Lawrence. SCAR qb had 500 yards of passing in their Clemson game last yr. And SCAR has crap tons of talent at DL. They were really banged up with injuries when UVA beat them and their best WR skipped the bowl.

The QB was really bad in that bowl... so hopefully that version shows up rather than the one who lit up Clemson.

Their qb reminds me a lot of m Williams in that he will do good in between the 20s and then throw an idiotic int when least expected.

Who will be the starting QB for yall? Honestly talent wise, I don't think UNC is far behind sc, but the QB situation is what worries me with yall.

Until last year's bowl game, sc has come to play for games in Charlotte. I expect SC to win a 2 score game, but I hope I'm wrong. Get after Bentley early and he'll start going full Kenny Rogers, gambling all over the field.

Who will be the starting QB for yall? Honestly talent wise, I don't think UNC is far behind sc, but the QB situation is what worries me with yall.

Until last year's bowl game, sc has come to play for games in Charlotte. I expect SC to win a 2 score game, but I hope I'm wrong. Get after Bentley early and he'll start going full Kenny Rogers, gambling all over the field.
As for QB, I don’t think the staff even knows at this point. Whoever it is, he’ll be green as a Granny Smith apple, having played little to none. But all three candidates are quite talented. So, we have a huge question mark there.

As for getting after Bentley, our DC supposedly blitzes a lot and from everywhere. So I expect us to try to get pressure on him. I think we’ll try to establish the run in order to take a little pressure off of our inexperienced QB’s. If we can’t run the ball, things could get tough for them.

My gut feeling for some time has been that we win this game. 34 days and counting.

Reactions: EppsTiger615
I as all unc fans are wanting a win against the chickens for all of the very obvious reasons; but most importantly I am sick and tired of hearing how weak the ACC is and it really only has one real team in it. So I would like a win against the almighty and powerful sec or should I say nfl triple a division conference. Tired of hearing the local radio station say it’s the All Cupcakes Conference so dang it guys step up to the challenge (this goes for all the teams too).
Simple fact: if you are in the ACC and you can't beat SEC teams, nobody in the nation will take you seriously.

The nation took Dabo and Clemson seriously only when he beat SoCar to end the 2012 regular season and then beat LSU in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

May not be good for them but I would say good for us....I mean it’s the sec for gosh darn sakes
That's the part that's good. I'd love to play an SEC team at least every other year, but I want variety: UGA, UF, UT, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, as well as SoCar.

SC fans still routinely question whether clemson would make the playoff if they played in the SEC. USuCk fans are completely delusional. Clemson absolutely demolished the best team the SEC had to offer. They were the best team in college football by a country mile last year and I wouldn’t bet against them winning it all again this year. If Dabo sustains their current level of recruiting then this may end up being the greatest dynasty in the history of college football.

SC fans still routinely question whether clemson would make the playoff if they played in the SEC. USuCk fans are completely delusional. Clemson absolutely demolished the best team the SEC had to offer.
To be fair, the quality of competition in the SEC is better top to bottom, so teams with championship aspirations can't afford to have an "off week" like Clemson can in the ACC. It's pointless to speculate about because it doesn't matter. USCjr fans are obviously mad because after beating Clemson 5 straight, Clemson has returned the favor and doesn't show any signs of letting up. I'm not sure anyone would be surprised if they made it 10.

To be fair, the quality of competition in the SEC is better top to bottom, so teams with championship aspirations can't afford to have an "off week" like Clemson can in the ACC. It's pointless to speculate about because it doesn't matter. USCjr fans are obviously mad because after beating Clemson 5 straight, Clemson has returned the favor and doesn't show any signs of letting up. I'm not sure anyone would be surprised if they made it 10.

Watching clemson win national championships is their worst nightmare. Its something a UNC fan can’t really relate to because even when dook wins it all in basketball, the heels will still be a contender the following year. They’re stuck on the sideline watching their rival win games that they know they aren’t even going to have a chance to play in. They probably get along great with moo fans.

It’s true that clemson would have to be more consistent. But they’ve repeatedly proven they are up to the challenge against the best competition in college football. I wouldn’t bet against them no matter who they’re playing.

I would love to see them beat USuCk ten straight times. The meltdowns in Columbia would be epic.

24 and counting.

According to Mack, there has been no separation between the QB’s. He said the second scrimmage would likely allow one of them to move to the fore.

When is the second scrimmage?

South Carolina needs to re-join the ACC. We can send Louisville to te SEC in exchange. It would be a better fit for both conferences and we could play the chickens every year.

Reactions: shun1
Any team that leaves the conference can just stay gone. cocks, twerps... good riddance. One can only hope that moo joins them. :D

I used to feel that way.
But in the broader scheme of things Maryland and South Carolina are the two schools that would "fit" the best with the opportunity to dislike the most. What more could you ask of a conference rival.

I used to feel that way.
But in the broader scheme of things Maryland and South Carolina are the two schools that would "fit" the best with the opportunity to dislike the most. What more could you ask of a conference rival.
Other than being a rival for Clemson, they don't fit the ACC. They are a perfect match for the SEC.

I believe you are the one who would need to explain why they should be in the ACC other than they were before. But I'll go first. It basically comes down to their athletic department, general culture and fan base.

I believe you are the one who would need to explain why they should be in the ACC other than they were before. But I'll go first. It basically comes down to their athletic department, general culture and fan base.

I didn't think you could.

South Carolina when they left the ACC wandered around as an independent for year. Their top rival other than Clemson was East Carolina.......let that sink in.
Whey didn't the SEC gobble them up in 1971? Why did South Carolina try to be readmitted 2 times to the ACC?
The only reason that South Carolina got the call from the SEC is that they (SEC) committed to go to 12 teams to have a championship game. The SEC was rejected by Texas in the west and settled for Arkansas and also rejected in the east by Florida State and and to settle for South Carolina as a fall back.
The Gamecocks athletically were an life support just like Georgia Tech was when the ACC threw them a lifeline
South Carolina wasn't a SEC type team when they joined they were just convenient.

I didn't think you could.
Please learn to read. TIA
It basically comes down to their athletic department, general culture and fan base.

South Carolina when they left the ACC wandered around as an independent for year. Their top rival other than Clemson was East Carolina.......let that sink in.
Whey didn't the SEC gobble them up in 1971? Why did South Carolina try to be readmitted 2 times to the ACC?
The only reason that South Carolina got the call from the SEC is that they (SEC) committed to go to 12 teams to have a championship game. The SEC was rejected by Texas in the west and settled for Arkansas and also rejected in the east by Florida State and and to settle for South Carolina as a fall back.
The Gamecocks athletically were an life support just like Georgia Tech was when the ACC threw them a lifeline
South Carolina wasn't a SEC type team when they joined they were just convenient.
I specifically said give me something besides they were here before. Not only did you spend multiple paragraphs doing nothing but saying history is why, you ended your rambling by saying they are an SEC team. Thanks for agreeing with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT