ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Stanford THREAD

Well, all things considered and the fact that Berry and Williams are the entirety of the offense so far, I'll take a 50 point first half and 14 point lead and run!

Pinson a short jumper in the lane and at the half 50-36...good shooting first half but UNC needs some more points from the front court as Berry and Williams have over two thirds of the teams points...

...I like playing on the road-even so early......like this team-the 3 headed freshmen beast getting good baptism(no worries)..Kenny Williams shooting like Shammond Williams...love the potential from game to game

Reactions: FranktheHeel
Cardinal tighten their defense on Wiliiams-got a little more physical..guess he did not want to force anything..hey, Berry picked up the torch

Live shot of Kenny Williams walking to the locker room after that first half...

tumblr_nr5tu4eXYL1rz7szho1_500.gif

We need Maye, Pinson, etc to help carry the load in the second half. It's very unlikely that both Berry and Williams perform like that for another 20 minutes.

I make positive and negative posts based on what happens on the court. The negative ones are just more noticeable.

Except for the ones that haven't.
I understand man. I guess I just see it as Theo makes a bucket, and sees one through the net after playing like a dogs hind leg on offense.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
First half rundown:

Forced 9 TO
The beginning of the half introduced us to "The K3nny Williams Show"- 20 pts on 6/8 shooting from 3. How can you not like this kid, he hits the deck without hesitation, never takes a play off on the defensive end and he already drew a charge because it's not a game without a charge being drawn from Kenny.
I saw @UNC&ME compared Kenny to Shammond it is funny you say that because Jawaad Williams actually compared Kenny's game to him.
I'm "Berry, Berry" happy because JB is back. He played exactly how we need him to this year, looked aggressive and that stepback over Travis was just nasty!! Tell the pony tail dude to keep talking smack to Joel, he's making a mistake he's just feeding the beast. 18 pts in the half and he's just heating up!!
BHuff stepped up big. He came in ready to go and got the job done, hitting the glass hard with 4 rebounds and 4/4 from the free throw strike. Hey, if one of the freshman step up each night that's fine by me.

Let's keep pushing the tempo and getting into the lane. We will be very successful if we can continue to get to the rack, forcing the double and finding the open man. We need to continue to work the ball to Luke in the post, he will get his this half. Let's hit the boards hard and continue to get to the line.

Giving up ground to a post player, then collapsing and giving up an open 3 --- that'll be our biggest issue all year. Young bigs will need to figure that out.

Maye's having trouble on both ends. His lack of length really shows against bigger / more athletic players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT