ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Stanford, Cal and SMU are joining the ACC next year. The ACC continues to be stupid.
I've been ignoring all the conf moves. 20-teens and early 2020's will be remembered as the end of the "normal" college sports era. SMU and Cali schools?

I'm just going to ignore all this for awhile more.

Stanford, Cal and SMU are joining the ACC next year. The ACC continues to be stupid.

I think this is good news. Because I think it signifies the beginning of the end of the ACC as we know it. Insiders believe that UNC is finally thinking strategically and have a plan for the future. There is an open invitation from both the SEC and the B1G. My guess is within the next 4 years, Carolina will be in one or the other and the ACC will be relegated to a second tier conference like the Big East.

I think this is good news. Because I think it signifies the beginning of the end of the ACC as we know it. Insiders believe that UNC is finally thinking strategically and have a plan for the future. There is an open invitation from both the SEC and the B1G. My guess is within the next 4 years, Carolina will be in one or the other and the ACC will be relegated to a second tier conference like the Big East.
All that was going to happen without those three. All this does is lower the per school share if someone leaves before us.

All that was going to happen without those three. All this does is lower the per school share if someone leaves before us.

SMU has already stated they don't take any payout for 6 years. I'm sure there are stipulations for the other 2 as well. We'll be gone by then. The ACC will be done by then.

Reactions: chickenhunter
SMU has already stated they don't take any payout for 6 years. I'm sure there are stipulations for the other 2 as well. We'll be gone by then. The ACC will be done by then.
The other two are taking a 30% share that increases over time and SMU bumped it up to nine years. What I meant was lowering it if someone leaves. For example, if FSU leaves in a couple of years, it will be a 17 team split. If the ACC didn't add, it would be 14 team split.

The other two are taking a 30% share that increases over time and SMU bumped it up to nine years. What I meant was lowering it if someone leaves. For example, if FSU leaves in a couple of years, it will be a 17 team split. If the ACC didn't add, it would be 14 team split.

It’s all temporary. We’ll be out before any real damage is done.

Anyone excited about the game today? I've kinda lost my enthusiasm for UNC football. About in the same place with basketball as well.

Anyone excited about the game today? I've kinda lost my enthusiasm for UNC football. About in the same place with basketball as well.

I’m about 10% as excited as I normally would be. I'll still be irritated if we lose to USuCk though.

I have a feeling this is the year we'll go on another run then shit the bed again at the end of the year when it really matters. We're all going to slowly get sucked back in as we beat up on terrible teams, and just as we start to really get our hopes up...

Reactions: chickenhunter
I’m about 10% as excited as I normally would be. I'll still be irritated if we lose to USuCk though.

I have a feeling this is the year we'll go on another run then shit the bed again at the end of the year when it really matters. We're all going to slowly get sucked back in as we beat up on terrible teams, and just as we start to really get our hopes up...
I figure there's two outcomes. Either we win 9-10 games or we win five games, but one of them being Clemson and everyone is pissed off because we're wondering why we couldn't play that way the whole year.

I figure there's two outcomes. Either we win 9-10 games or we win five games, but one of them being Clemson and everyone is pissed off because we're wondering why we couldn't play that way the whole year.

This is the way

I think this team has a chance to go undefeated.

Jokes! I'm not there yet.
But our D made a weak O look bad, and that was huge.

The defensive front looked like a totally new unit. But I’m sure a lot of teams felt that way after playing us last year, and USuCks OL looked about as good as that unit. We’ll see how they fare against better competition.

The defensive front looked like a totally new unit. But I’m sure a lot of teams felt that way after playing us last year, and USuCks OL looked about as good as that unit. We’ll see how they fare against better competition.
I was thinking the same thing, but we played plenty of bad OL last year and didn't do that. GA state was pushing us around. Even if the DL has improved just enough to beat a bad OL, that could win another one or two games.

I was thinking the same thing, but we played plenty of bad OL last year and didn't do that. GA state was pushing us around. Even if the DL has improved just enough to beat a bad OL, that could win another one or two games.

Yeah I agree. We should be able push around most teams on the schedule. Which combined with a great QB should be enough for 9-10 wins.

Still look like they’re trying to find any possible way to lose though…

Unc had 17 sacks last season. 9 last night.

To find something to whine about I was disappointed for maye. This was one of the few prime time games for heisman voters to see him. He played good but the heisman talk I would think will go away for now.

• Wow
Reactions: strummingram
Still look like they’re trying to find any possible way to lose though…
I thought the offensive play calling regarding the passing game was pretty conservative the entire game. In the second half SC started tightening their coverage underneath and pretty much neutralized our receivers and got the two INTs,

The difference, though, was the front seven on defense. They pretty much dominated the Gamecock offense the entire game. So in hindsight, by the start of the fourth quarter the outcome of the game was pretty much determined even if we couldn't score.

I thought the offensive play calling regarding the passing game was pretty conservative the entire game. In the second half SC started tightening their coverage underneath and pretty much neutralized our receivers and got the two INTs,

The difference, though, was the front seven on defense. They pretty much dominated the Gamecock offense the entire game. So in hindsight, by the start of the fourth quarter the outcome of the game was pretty much determined even if we couldn't score.

I thought the play calling was extremely conservative. I'd like to see them utilize Drake's arm more, especially with getting the ball to our stud TE's. We need to see more wrinkles to set up mismatches for those guys.

That said, it's easy to justify keeping things conservative when the defense is playing as well as they did.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT